What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bohn: "Dan Hawkins will be the head coach in 2010"

:yeahthat:

word.gif

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Hawkins WAS back next year. Given the nature of the economy and the way the University is cutting back - it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was back.

If he does return, hopefully he makes some fairly significant staff changes.

OK, he didn't say that. But what was your first reaction when you saw the thread? I know your second reaction was to neg rep DBT! :lol:

Seriously, though. What was your very first reaction? This is kind of like a survey.

Honestly didn't have much of a reaction. But a kitten died while I was reading it.

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Hawkins WAS back next year. Given the nature of the economy and the way the University is cutting back - it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was back.

If he does return, hopefully he makes some fairly significant staff changes.

I'd be shocked if he is brought back.. Only staff change he could make to make the team better would be to replace himself. Because he truly is that BAD of a coach.

I'd be shocked if he is brought back.. Only staff change he could make to make the team better would be to replace himself. Because he truly is that BAD of a coach.

I still don't think of Hawkins as a "bad" coach. But I do think his message is not connecting with the CU players or translating to the Big 12 game.

If Hawkins could just find a way to make that connection with the team, and get everybody (coaches and players) on the same page, I still think he could be a good coach.

Unfortunately, after four years, it just doesn't look like he's made that connection, and it doesn't appear that everyone is on the same page. As such, whether he is a good coach, or a bad coach, I don't think he's going to be coaching at CU next year.

I still don't think of Hawkins as a "bad" coach. But I do think his message is not connecting with the CU players or translating to the Big 12 game.

If Hawkins could just find a way to make that connection with the team, and get everybody (coaches and players) on the same page, I still think he could be a good coach.

Unfortunately, after four years, it just doesn't look like he's made that connection, and it doesn't appear that everyone is on the same page. As such, whether he is a good coach, or a bad coach, I don't think he's going to be coaching at CU next year.

Lt, with all due respect, his game day coaching has been a joke.. That isn't going to change brining in some staff members.. The guy is in over his head in big time college football.. Margin of error is much smaller in the BCS conference than in the WAC against the Idaho's of the world.

Yup. You outted me. :drink::drink2:
It's rainy and crappy down here in Austin today and I'm just plain jealous I'm not on the beach throwing a few of those back before going to watch the Buffs in Lahaina.

What's the submarine base like down there is Austin?
Is town lake secure from enemy threat?
:jester:

What's the submarine base like down there is Austin?
Is town lake secure from enemy threat?
:jester:

Not near as nice as the bases in Sandy Eggo or Pearl... and we constantly have to watch our depth control in Lake Travis or we're playing "mud darts!" :cool:

And Town Lake is more than secure, but I do have to say those UT co-eds sure do like when that big, long, steel tube full of seamen makes a port call at the docks under the Congress St. Bridge! :dance::dance::drink2:

I figured there had to be something going on there. If its any consolation I am here with you. Been putting off heading back to the Valley for going on 4 days now. Was in Cozumel before that though. No mai tais, but had a cucumber/jalapeno marg that was pretty good.

You really need to keep your post count up (nice tee).

My reaction was we should all set up a boycott of the NU game.... see if Bohn feels good about it when there are 20,000 NU fans and 10,000 CU fans.

Also I must go clean up the drink I hurled across my living room when I saw the title of this thread.

I am sure that Bohn is doing some serious number crunching.

$3mil to buyout Hawkins vs. the expected losses in donations / gate receipts over the next couple years.

I think the only way Bohn lets Hawkins go this year is if those numbers show that it will cost CU MORE to keep Hawkins than it will to fire/buyout Hawkins.

OK, he didn't say that. But what was your first reaction when you saw the thread? I know your second reaction was to neg rep DBT! :lol:

Seriously, though. What was your very first reaction? This is kind of like a survey.

My first reaction was: who is the dickwad ****ing with me?

My second reaction was: i hope DBT isn't serious, because it might mean he's finally gone off the deep end.

:smile2:

:cry:

What a sophomoric post.

first reaction was not surprised. and I now believe that he will be our coach next year. I will be shocked if Hawkins is not the coach next year.

first reaction was not surprised. and I now believe that he will be our coach next year. I will be shocked if Hawkins is not the coach next year.

I heard some things over the weekend that make me believe that Hawk is back. The only thing that would change that is a blowout loss to the corn.

Back