1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Dunlap

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I don't understand why people aren't as high on him as they once seemed to be. Here is an old article I found on him when he turned down the Arizona job.

I still believe Bohn will give McClain the job, but I believe Dunlap is the better coach.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Some other stuff I found around the webz:smile2:

3. Sexton Hardcastle

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

5. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I like him.
    I don't know enough about McClain to compare, but I like Dunlap. Good for CU having some good options and tough choices.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

dunlap and mcclain both seem ok to me... boyle, not so much...

7. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Dunlap would be a great hire, and I think the reason that some aren't as high on him as they were three seasons ago is all of the player support for McClain.

I think Bohn should make the best move for mens bball and hire Dunlap. I think Burks will stay next season if he is hired. However, I think it's a really raw deal for McClain - he's been working his ass off it seems. If he doesn't get the job like he hopes, all of this work seems to go for naught - for him personally at least. I'd be fine with McClain getting the job, as he has been nothing but professional throughout this process, but I still prefer Dunlap.

8. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

He is certainly saying all the right things. Why would he say that he really wants the CU job, unless he knows he is out of the running for the Oregon job or he just does not want that job? Never in a million years would I interview for a job and then run to the press and say that I want a different job. Maybe he is just brutally honest.

His turning down the CU job three years ago seemed like posturing to me (he said it was because CU was not committed to hoops), but his statement then is consistent with the article that valdez posted above discussing the Arizona situation. It could be that he really is that principled of a person. Karl's statement about Dunlap seems to confirm that.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  9. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

he is brutally honest and he is that principled

10. AlferdJasper

If you are talking about Dunlap, then I agree. 100%.

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

This thread is bringing me around to Dunlap. Wonder if he would keep McClain?

12. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i would hope so cause dunlap can recruit... but with mcclain we will win the pac-12 in a few years :saythat:

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I've always, since he was at Metro, been intrigued by Dunlap. I was hoping he'd get the job over Bzdelic. When he dropped out of the runnng, I was actually kind of shocked and a bit pissed. The irony is that he dropped out because CU didn't look serious about basketball. However, Bzdelic really pressured CU into getting serious about basketball. So, if Dunlap gets the job, we can almost thank Bzdelic.

Like I said in the poll thread, I just think of the three candidates, Dunlap has the biggest upside. McClain has been a DI head coach for nine years. As they say, he is what he is. Dunlap just seems to have the intangibles. IMO. I also really love the fact that he is an admitted Coloradoan and wants to keep his roots here.

14. Sexton Hardcastle

I don't think so. It really stinks that this is probably the end of the road for McClain. At least in Boulder. I think he will be a fantastic assistant somewhere else, but I can't see Dunlap retaining him.

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Bro, Jeff is gone, and he left the program in great shape. Get over it. IMO Buffs fans should thank Jeff for all that he's done to change the culture here in Boulder, and nationally. We are viewed as a rising program. Our program is no longer a joke to outsiders now. Give Jeff a little credit here.

16. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

That's Mr. Bzdelic to you.

17. DBT

I thought that was my point? I'm glad Bzdelic is gone. I just didn't like how he went about it. What are you talking about with the "get over it" stuff? My point was that I wanted Dunlap at the time Bzdelic was hired. Dunlap took his name out of the hat because he didn't think CU was serious about BBall. Bzdelic got the job and forced CU to upgrade and focus more on BBall. Now Dunlap has seen the change and really wants to come here. So, we can honestly thank Bzdelic for forcing CU to upgrade and focus on BBall. I honestly appreciated that about him and will always give him credit for it, especially if the BBall program takes off. I think Bzdelic maxed out in what he could do for the program and like the change. I also want Dunlap. Maybe I'm wrong in that. i wanted Neuheisel too.

18. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

I just saw on SI that Anderson decided to stay at Mizzou so the Oregon job is still up for grabs. I wonder how this might affect Dunlap's desire to take the CU job.

19. DBT

Well, if you believe what he says, he'd come to CU.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I doubt Oregon would be willing to throw the $3 million at Dunlap that they were reportedly offering Anderson. :wow:

So, yeah, I agree he'd take the CU job if it was offered.

21. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

22. AlferdJasper

23. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There's a "hire Dunlap" facebook page.

24. DBT

Could someone explain "Facebook" to me? :lol:

25. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

It's like a Speakeasy, but powered by electricity.

Darian3Hagan likes this.