What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre legacy

I know we’re better off than before, but I think we’re overstating “respectable”. We are not a respectable program in the eyes of 90+% of college football fans probably. We aren’t getting blown out as much anymore, but still losing at a very high clip and that OSU loss was just as or more embarrassing than many of the old blowout losses.

I've been following CU football since 2013, when I moved to CO and started attending most every home game.

That year, I met at least three people at games or tailgates who told me some version of "this is bad, but its so much better than last year", as we watched the Buffs go win-less in conference play. At least one of those is a regular poster on this site.

I've watched CU rank near or below average for Pac 12 graduation rates and APR.

I've seen row after row of empty seats at what may be the most scenic stadium in all of college football.

Not winning, not graduating players, not drawing fans to the stadium. I know a lot of people say he's a good guy, which is great. I hope nothing but good things happen to him.

Fortunately, I'm lacking the context of someone who followed CU for a longer period than the MM era, but from the POV of a six year Buffs fan, HCMM is not a quality coach and I'm happy to see change on the horizon. HCMM's legacy, to me, is going winless in Pac 12 play.

I've been following CU football since 2013, when I moved to CO and started attending most every home game.

That year, I met at least three people at games or tailgates who told me some version of "this is bad, but its so much better than last year", as we watched the Buffs go win-less in conference play. At least one of those is a regular poster on this site.

I've seen row after row of empty seats at what may be the most scenic stadium in all of college football.

Not winning, not graduating players, not drawing fans to the stadium. I know a lot of people say he's a good guy, which is great. I hope nothing but good things happen to him.

Fortunately, I'm lacking the context of someone who followed CU for a longer period than the MM era, but from the POV of a six year Buffs fan, HCMM is not a quality coach and I'm happy to see change on the horizon. HCMM's legacy, to me, is going winless in Pac 12 play.

Man you picked a bad time to start following this team...

I at least had the 90s and early 2000s as a fan.

Perspective, I guess. He dominated CSU. He won at Nebraska. He delivered 2016. He built out a lot that was lacking in the organization with player retention, academic support, recruiting evaluation (including transcripts) to avoid wasting time on HS & JUCO recruits who wouldn't qualify, etc. CU is now a program where a coach can win at a high clip. It wasn't that 6 years ago and the problems were about a lot more than talent.

Boy you missed the good times of the mid 80s to mid 90s... that was FUN and seems like a lifetime ago.

Happy with what Mac did overall. He pulled us out of the doldrums and made us respectable again, at least OOC. I am completely in agreement that he needs to go though.

Truth is, without Tim Tebow assisting Denver to winning the AFC West, even at 8-8, a playoff win against the defending super bowl champion Steelers, I don't think Peyton Manning signs with Denver. That season alone for Tebow made Peyton think he could compete in Denver.

With CU, Mac didn't do what we all really wanted but that said he brought us to a respectable level to help land a better coach who can hopefully take us consistently to bowl games and competing for Pac 12 titles.

You've racked up 7,000+ posts since 2013? Damn son.

MacIntyre > Hawkins > Embree

He was a likable guy. But he struggled in a lot of areas. He's not ruthless, cold hearted, or calculating enough for P5.

He left things better than they were.

I appreciate him for what he did. He took this program from rock bottom and made a little noise. While it is time for a new coach to hopefully get us to the next level, I have no ill will toward MM and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

MacIntyre > Hawkins > Embree

He was a likable guy. But he struggled in a lot of areas. He's not ruthless, cold hearted, or calculating enough for P5.

He left things better than they were.
Tallest midget argument.

Tallest midget argument.

Ive talked to people that remember the Fairbanks era. There are a few still alive. McCartney struggled for a long time before ~1989 (2–8–1, 4–7, 1–10, 7–5, 6–6, 7–4, 8–4: 35-44, 0.443 six seasons)

In todays era we would have fired him.

He was a good man and a great coach. May he rest in peace.

Don't get me wrong, I mean I hope he sleeps without interruption. I thought he could be the guy. Grateful for what he's done at CU, but It's time to make a change. I'm open to the Tedford and Miles options, but am not seeing Lake or Lupoi going anywhere. Lake is interesting, but I don't think Lupoi is ready.

Ive talked to people that remember the Fairbanks era. There are a few still alive.

I am one, and I remember it because I lived it. That 1-10 season was the second 1-10 season of my college years. What was tougher was watching a guy I knew, Ed Reinhardt, get hurt that year and how it was such a devastating moment for him, McCartney, and the team. No one was unaffected. Ed was a phenomenal player. I wish we could have seen what he could have been.

I think we'll look back on Mac in 10 years similarly to how we look back on Barnett.

It'll be easier to forget the ****ty 2017 and 2018 seasons, but remember the magical 2016 season.

I'll never forget his inability to rid himself of dead weight in the form of Jeffcoat, Bernardi, and Neinas.

But he definitely left us in a better state than he found us. The next coach can't come in and claim he's taking over a dumpster fire. We can win and possibly win big next year.

Also, he is a genuinely good person. I honestly think there's not a lot of room for a guy like him in the upper tier of CFB, which is too bad, but it is what it is.

I would appreciate hearing what his true thoughts about the state of the team were when he arrived.

Back