What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially takes Ole Miss DC job

I’d believe Adam before I believe a rebel report.
LOL I wouldn’t guy is always late to the party with inside information. And if he has anything to say is usually rehashed and re mumbled trash from previous interviews pawned off as new scoop.

“He is owed a buyout of $10.3 million from Colorado. RebelGrove reported that the amount is not lowered by taking an assistant coach position.” So what’s the truth here

Where did you get that number?
($575,000 + $1,150,000 + $1,150,000 + $375,000) = $3,250,000/year for year 1&2.
Add $25,000 in year three to base salary.
$3,275,000 is due for year three.

Total due to macintyre is $9,775,000.

Reactions: dio
LOL I wouldn’t guy is always late to the party with inside information. And if he has anything to say is usually rehashed and re mumbled trash from previous interviews pawned off as new scoop.
Careful, Adam is a nice guy and pretty much infallible w Buff fans online. I tend to agree with you though

Most contracts have income offset language (due to Charlie Weis). They say that the coach needs to search for a job, and the annual amount owed will be reduced by the salary of their new job. It is why Les Miles negotiated a buyout prior to signing with KU.

A coach could also go the Bo Pelini route and take less than market knowing that you will be made whole under the old contract.

I would have thought Georgia Tech would have looked at him as HC (maybe they did before their announcement). Nice move for MacIntyre (similar move to Tim DeRuyter @Cal). All the best to him as he stays in the Power 5.

Last edited:
Page 50 of the SCRIBD document, page 21 of Mac's specific agreement

Macintyre agrees that he has a duty to obtain new employment to mitigate any damages arising from termination under this paragraph

Did Macintyre fulfill his duty to mitigate the damages? It seems obvious that he didn't, so it seems likely they will enter a settlement

Did Macintyre fulfill his duty to mitigate the damages? It seems obvious that he didn't, so it seems likely they will enter a settlement

Offset for NCAAF coaching jobs or NFL jobs and settlement and mediation for anything else. So they should come to an agreement.

Offset for NCAAF coaching jobs or NFL jobs and settlement and mediation for anything else. So they should come to an agreement.
Yup. He agreed to a duty to mitigate. They expressly, but without limitation, agreed that certain jobs would mitigate without further inquiry. Anything else and they'll be back at the table. A lot of people grabbed the sentence about head college or university coach and assistant or head NFL coach and ran with it.

It may be that they use 50% of the Ole Miss deal as mitigating, or 75% or some other number, and that may never be public. But it will certainly help CU, as will the Eliot thing.

I think that's a difficult call for any of us to make. Mac found a good job which I think is on par with his current value. I hope we find a quick, equitable resolution and don't drag this process out.

Who gives a rip about MM. Our coach is Mel Tucker. Let the ex-wife go quietly. I personally think that Ole Miss is over his head as far as recruiting and coaching kids at that level. I think he is a nice guy, even a good guy, but he is a perfect G5 coach. There will be an offset, because he is supposed to make the effort to get a coaching job. Likely there was communication between us and him. Good luck, no more discussion about MM.

Back