What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Monday Grab Bag: The worst sporting week of the year

RSSBot

News Junkie
What is the best week of the sporting year? *Some would say Super Bowl week, others late October and*the*World Series. *There are numerous acceptable answers; personally, I'm all over the Tournament's first week in March.

Regardless of your personal sporting preference, however, there can be no debate over what is the worst week on the sporting calendar. *This very week, centered around Baseball's All-Star break, leaves American sport fans without any*contests*of consequence at the height of summer. *The paucity of competition is so heinous that it drives many to trick themselves into caring about meaningless media side-shows like the God-forsaken Home Run Derby. *Let me say that again, people willingly*tune into a schlock-fest featuring Chris Berman. *That borders on a war crime!

Not satisfied with the misery already laid*upon*the American public, MLB has outdone themselves by allowing the typically 3-day break to balloon into a fourth evening. *You'd think that, by now, I'd learn to anticipate this garbage, and schedule a much deserved vacation...

At least there's the latest edition of Thorburn's freshman interview series to occupy my attention for a while.

Today in the bag I'll be talking about the brewing QB battle set for CU's fall camp,*baseball's first half, and almost-history from the world of tennis.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-359446127726961884

X1HUEV2WgXQ

What is the best week of the sporting year? *Some would say Super Bowl week, others late October and*the*World Series. *There are numerous acceptable answers; personally, I'm all over the Tournament's first week in March.

Regardless of your personal sporting preference, however, there can be no debate over what is the worst week on the sporting calendar. *This very week, centered around Baseball's All-Star break, leaves American sport fans without any*contests*of consequence at the height of summer. *The paucity of competition is so heinous that it drives many to trick themselves into caring about meaningless media side-shows like the God-forsaken Home Run Derby. *Let me say that again, people willingly*tune into a schlock-fest featuring Chris Berman. *That borders on a war crime!

Not satisfied with the misery already laid*upon*the American public, MLB has outdone themselves by allowing the typically 3-day break to balloon into a fourth evening. *You'd think that, by now, I'd learn to anticipate this garbage, and schedule a much deserved vacation...

At least there's the latest edition of Thorburn's freshman interview series to occupy my attention for a while.

Today in the bag I'll be talking about the brewing QB battle set for CU's fall camp,*baseball's first half, and almost-history from the world of tennis.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-359446127726961884

X1HUEV2WgXQ

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back