What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez and Overreaction

It's not really an excuse we just don't have a very good offense at the moment and most of it comes down to o line play. So looking at it logically, the other units on that side of the ball can't make mistakes if they want to play well and overcome the issues up front and last night the receivers had a couple dropped touchdowns. It is what it is.
Agree on the O line. Play calling is just as big an issue.

Like I said we had momentum and they were tired last night. We were getting the running game going the stopped

Agree on the O line. Play calling is just as big an issue.

Like I said we had momentum and they were tired last night. We were getting the running game going the stopped
Not saying the play calling wasnt perfect but it was far from bad. Loved seeing lindgren attack the middle of the field more and use the read option, that should be the staple of the offense going forward.

Last edited:
I also thought it was the most creative offensive gameplan that we've seen from Lindgren. End around, reverse passes, heavy use of the diamond formation, etc.

The lack of a TE and poor OL play is glaring.

I also thought it was the most creative offensive gameplan that we've seen from Lindgren. End around, reverse passes, heavy use of the diamond formation, etc.

The lack of a TE and poor OL play is glaring.

You can just tell the options become very limited in the red zone.

UCLA used the middle of the field and their TE's last night to perfection. It was really the biggest issue with the defense last night.

You can just tell the options become very limited in the red zone.
There's nobody in the receiving corps that creates any kind of mismatch in that area. Shenault and Winfree could be, and Ento not being there hurts too, but it's clear the offense will never be as potent as it could be with a good TE. Even TTU had Jace Amaro

There's nobody in the receiving corps that creates any kind of mismatch in that area. Shenault and Winfree could be, and Ento not being there hurts too, but it's clear the offense will never be as potent as it could be with a good TE. Even TTU had Jace Amaro
Shenault, Winfree, Ento, and Tony Brown is going to be some serious size and athleticism in 2018.

I don't know why they won't at least try utilizing Poplawski more. Already burned his RS, might as well see if he can do anything
Yeah even if it was primarily red zone situations, it would be a needed dimension.

You're not going to win many games when your OL and DL are overmatched and that's been the case in both our losses so far. It means the rest of the team needs to be perfect and can't afford a drop by a WR or a low snap. Those mistakes are killers when your lines give you zero margin for error.

What about those two teams scares you right now? the rest of the schedule seems pretty manageable to me.
USC is just flat out more athletic, as well as bigger and more technically sound on the lines, which seems to be our weak point.

Utah is a team that plays well on defense, disguises packages well, is always tough at home and doesn't beat themselves (and we do).

What about those two teams scares you right now? the rest of the schedule seems pretty manageable to me.
I can understand the reservation with USC, but everybody is always so scared of Utah for some reason. Yes, it's on the road, but they haven't shown anything that leads me to believe they are some juggernaut

USC is just flat out more athletic, as well as bigger and more technically sound on the lines, which seems to be our weak point.

Utah is a team that plays well on defense, disguises packages well, is always tough at home and doesn't beat themselves (and we do).
What has USC shown you this year though? Their offensive line is a complete disaster so I don't really get that part. Ucla has a ton of talent as well and we should have beat them yesterday. Utah has an amazing defensive line but is pretty average offensively.

I can understand the reservation with USC, but everybody is always so scared of Utah for some reason. Yes, it's on the road, but they haven't shown anything that leads me to believe they are some juggernaut

They are not a juggernaut, but it's a bad matchup for us.

I don't think anyone believes they're a "juggernaut." And sure, we could win that game. But if you ask me right now, I'd say there's a better than even chance we don't.

They are not a juggernaut, but it's a bad matchup for us.
We'll see. We always play them well, whether it's home or away, and they always have a stout front seven. And do they really have more DL talent than UCLA? They may be more disciplined, but UCLA's raw talent is up there w the best in the country.

Yeah I get they have good parts of their team I am just saying there is no reason to think those are unwinnavle games. Should be very competitive IMO.
Plus it's hard to know what teams will look like in 5 or 6 weeks. Injuries, player development and team chemistry change a ton over that time period.

Yeah I get they have good parts of their team I am just saying there is no reason to think those are unwinnavle games. Should be very competitive IMO.
I'm not saying they're unwinnable, to be clear. Not by a long shot. I'm just saying I think odds are we don't win them, based on what I've seen to date.

We'll see. We always play them well, whether it's home or away, and they always have a stout front seven. And do they really have more DL talent than UCLA? They may be more disciplined, but UCLA's raw talent is up there w the best in the country.

They might very well have more DL talent than UCLA.

I'm not saying they're unwinnable, to be clear. Not by a long shot. I'm just saying I think odds are we don't win them, based on what I've seen to date.
Maybe, just sort of seemed like you were writing those off a little bit. I think it's just as likely we drop a game we shouldn't to those next 5 opponents as it is we win one of those last two.

Back