1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Associated Press top-25 football ballot: Few changes at the top

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Nov 27, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jon Wilner

Here’s the ballot, with a few notes: * Not changes in the top three, with LSU maintaining its hold on No. 1, followed by Alabama and Oklahoma State (idle). * Arkansas fell four spots to No. 8 after the big loss at LSU. Not that losing in Tiger Stadium is necessarily reason to drop a [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
    Click here to view the article.

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

OU should not be ahead of Arkansas.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

VT at 19? I'll be one of the first to admit that they're over-rated at 3 or 5 but 19 is ridiculous. Yet at the same time it's writers like this who are probably one of the first to complain about "East-coast" bias.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I don't know, Carolina, I'm kind of thinking this guy is one of the few who has Virginia Tech about where they belong! I'd have them a few notches higher, but teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Michigan, Arkansas and even K-State and Georgia are all undoubtedly better than VT. Hokies gave their most impressive performance to date yesterday, but their schedule/ margin of victories are still resoundingly weak enough to prevent them from deserving a ranking any higher than 12th. If you're an ACC program, you have no right to bitch about a lack of national respect if you refuse to play any legitimate teams OOC. VT brought this on themselves, their OOC schedule is disgraceful.

5. CarolinaBuff

I just don't think you put a 1-loss team from a BCS conference that isn't the Big East below that many other 2-loss BCS teams. IIRC he had VT ranked in the teens last week too, which means he either dropped them or left them at #19 despite coming off their most impressive win of the year. There's 2 things hurting VT, one is the lack of quality teams at the top of the ACC, but at the same time there's alot of good-to-pretty-good teams in the ACC. The other thing is that their non-conference schedule didn't include a single BCS opponent.

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

This year was textbook VT scheduling. The last few years were very much an aberration, Beamer is the Bill Snyder of the East in terms of his ideal scheduling. Next year their OOC is a slight upgrade over this year, but still a complete snoozer:

@ Pitt
    Bowling Green
    Cincinnati (Landover, MD)

7. CarolinaBuff

At least next year's schedule has a couple of BCS opponents on there. In 2013 they play in the ACC-SEC kickoff game against Bama, and they also have upcoming home-and-home games with Wisconsin and Ohio State.