What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My girl is going to graduate from CU this Thursday...

Ringer

...and I couldn't be happier or sadder. I live in Orange County and would take any excuse to fly to Boulder over the past 4 years, even on a 24 hour whim. Buffs will always be my favorite college team, and I will still go to one or more football games per season at Folsom. Funny how that school grows on you, even if you didn't go there or are not from Colorado...

Congratulations, Ringer! I become a Forever Buff this Thursday as well. Very bittersweet for me, because I love this school and enjoyed everything it had to offer from football/basketball games (even the few lax games I went to were fun), to the professors I had caring about my education, and the great friends I met here. Moving up to Missoula, MT this August, girlfriend another CU alumni, got into a masters program up at UM. We're both 3rd generation Buffs and we fell in love in Boulder. Even with us being in another state, our hearts will forever bleed the Black and Gold. Go Buffs!

Congrats Ringer!! Great to get that milestone, be proud of her!

Not sure how your daughter is about this, but my wife (NOT a CU alum) calls my daughter and me, CU snobs. My son is an engineer so that is too much personality for him.
If she turns out to be a CU snob, let her. She should be.

Just on the academic side of things, CU is a large school that lives like a medium-sized school. My daughter is going into nursing, so she had to take a lot of hard science classes, and they were relatively small and usually taught by the professor himself/herself. Only three kids to a cadaver for dissecting! One time a couple years ago, she did really well on some test and the prof sent my wife and me an actual mailed and signed letter on CU letterhead to let us know and extend congratulations. That really is good personal service, considering that it is a large public university. I'm gonna miss visiting Boulder numerous times per year, but still will attend at least one football game at Folsom per year and see the Buffs when they play UCLA and U$C out here.

It was one of those epic Boulder weather days on Thursday for the school-wide grad ceremony at Folsom. The next day, there was a much smaller ceremony at the venerable Boulder Theater for the grads within her major, about 150 students, where you got to have your name announced and walk across the stage and get your diploma cover and other swag. Kabion Ento was one of them. Lunch at Pizzeria Locale on Pearl afterwards. On the flight back to LAX, my father-in-law sat next to a quite tall and large CU football player, who I think was Josh Kaiser. End of report.

Back