What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Name A College Football Program You Respect

Nebraska, a program that stands for excellence on and off the field. From its coaches, players, and academics basically the polar opposite of the Buffs.

St. John's University

:yeahthat:

One of my best friends went there, got to take Coach Gagliardi's football class (for like a 1/2 credit or something). Said he was the classiest and humblest guy he had ever met.

Nebraska, a program that stands for excellence on and off the field. From its coaches, players, and academics basically the polar opposite of the Buffs.

Nice! I do agree with your assertion that our academic programs are polar opposites.

Purify? Philips? The armed felon? The night club forced anal penetration rapist? Bo Pelini? Osborne--the guy who hid a weapon from cops in a felony investigation ("What? You wanted that?"). Excellence/mediocrity on the field. Not so much off the field.

Thanks for the drive by.

I must admit, CU has Nebraska beat in recruiting parties.

I know you're trolling, and I know that I'm feeding you, but you do know the difference between a recruiting party, and a private party attended by recruits (only one of which committed to CU, in the incident you're referencing), right?

What about Ray Ray going around shooting pregant girlz, and Arnold Drummond aka Gary Coleman lookalike EB starting bar fights, but that's okay? Excuuse me, and twhat anal penetration, who would stick a finger up some body's butt in a crowded bar? Hello, who knows if that person took a dump or something? I mean use commen sense. There are way too many CU criminals to count. Rape was an intramural sport at CU for most of McCartneys and Barnett's era.

What about Ray Ray going around shooting pregant girlz, and Arnold Drummond aka Gary Coleman lookalike EB starting bar fights, but that's okay? Excuuse me, and twhat anal penetration, who would stick a finger up some body's butt in a crowded bar? Hello, who knows if that person took a dump or something? I mean use commen sense. There are way too many CU criminals to count. Rape was an intramural sport at CU for most of McCartneys and Barnett's era.

Was I crowing about our excellence off the field? We all have our special cases, but we're less inclined to talk about how each and every CU Football player is an exceptional citizen.

Did you know that Nebraska fans were voted classiest in the Solar System?

Besides, I thought you were a texas fan, when you started trolling under a similar name a while ago.

Okay, You found me out. Yes I am a Horn, I was just trying to distract you from your current malaise and refocus your hate on an old rival from a bygone era.

I respected them that time they went into Nebraska in the early 90s--at the pinnacle of Osborne's Evil Empire--and took care of business. I do tend to like the ISU fans I meet, but do I respect the program? Not really--it's not doing a lot for the school, overall.

I'd love to have Rhodes as a coach, though.

I see your point. Iowa State took one game from the Huskers with a final score of 19-10 in 1992, AND had an overall 1-9 W/L record against the Huskers in the 1990's. Most of those games were Husker blow outs.

Anyway, the Cyclones are on my top 5 list of teams to respect because of Coach Rhodes. You just have to like that guy!

Wisconsin-usually fundamentally sound with a great offensive line. Haven't watched enough without Chryst
Georgia Tech-the option
Stanford
Washington
Nevada-innovators
North Dakota State-they keep winning...in North Dakota.
Tulsa-they hired a high school coach in a fairly bold move, almost always makes good hires, and remains decent.

I see your point. Iowa State took one game from the Huskers with a final score of 19-10 in 1992, AND had an overall 1-9 W/L record against the Huskers in the 1990's. Most of those games were Husker blow outs.

Anyway, the Cyclones are on my top 5 list of teams to respect because of Coach Rhodes. You just have to like that guy!

1-9! That's terrible! You really owned them. They were your silly little bitches! Wow!

Wait. Isn't that the exact same record Nebraska had against Texas in Big XII play? Silly little bitch.

1-9! That's terrible! You really owned them. They were your silly little bitches! Wow!

Wait. Isn't that the exact same record Nebraska had against Texas in Big XII play? Silly little bitch.
9-1 against ISU.

Texas owned the Huskers from 2000-2009. Went 4-0 against the Huskers. It felt like Nebraska was the main Texas bitch.
Colorado went 5-5 during the same time frame. Best decade the Buffs ever had against Nebraska.

9-1 against ISU.

Texas owned the Huskers from 2000-2009. Went 4-0 against the Huskers. It felt like Nebraska was the main Texas bitch.
Colorado went 5-5 during the same time frame. Best decade the Buffs ever had against Nebraska.
Best decade we'll ever have is when we finally get rid of the troll, hanger-on, Nebraska fans. The best is yet to come.

at this point - any that compete and occasionally win... but for real, got to give props to ksu...they play good football and are not loaded with tons of talent. Clean program.

University of Iowa. Great support, great stadium and an incredibly stable program. Iowa has had only two coaches roam the sidelines in the last 34 years. Hayden Fry (1979-1998) and Kirk Ferentz (1999-Present). Pretty incredible statistic in the modern game.

Last edited:
University of Iowa. Great support, great stadium and an incredibly stable program. Iowa has had only two coaches roam the sidelines in the last 34 years. Hayden Fry (1979-1998) and Kirk Ferentz (1999-Present). Pretty incredible statistic in the modern game.

Hayden Fry generated a fantastic coaching tree. On the other hand, he stated that CU should forfeit the 90 Missouri game. I dunno. Iowa just seems kind of neutral to me. Iowa City is a nice town, but the football team is just sort of there, you know?

9-1 against ISU.

Let's not limit the time frame of Texas domination of NU. The dominance was in place for the entire history of NU's participation in the Big 12.

W/L
Date
PF
Notes
W
12/7/1996
Saint Louis, MO
Big 12 Championship Game
W
10/31/1998
Lincoln, NE
W
10/23/1999
Austin, TX
L
12/4/1999
San Antonio, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
W
11/2/2002
Lincoln, NE
W
11/1/2003
Austin, TX
W
10/21/2006
Lincoln, NE
W
10/27/2007
Austin, TX
W
12/5/2009
Arlington, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
W
10/16/2010
Lincoln, NE

By the way, NU prides themselves on being classy fans, but anyone can be classy when you are winning. Funny how things change when NU gets dominated. Classy quickly turns to cry baby with Osborne leading the way.

Pennstate
Miami
USC

I respect their douchebaggery. These programs are willing to stoop to unforgivable lows and then lie about it in order to win. I don't like it, but you gotta respect that kind of commitment.

Think of it as similar to the quote about Voldemort "He did great things, terrible but great".

True! But it is interesting to see the Iowa fans are bantering about a Coaching change. Sounds familiar.

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=159133437&mid=159133437&sid=940&style=2

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=159246941&mid=159246941&sid=940&style=2

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=159263449&mid=159263449&sid=940&style=2

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=159298747&mid=159298747&sid=940&style=2

Let's not limit the time frame of Texas domination of NU. The dominance was in place for the entire history of NU's participation in the Big 12.

W/L
Date
PF
Notes
W
12/7/1996
Saint Louis, MO
Big 12 Championship Game
W
10/31/1998
Lincoln, NE
W
10/23/1999
Austin, TX
L
12/4/1999
San Antonio, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
W
11/2/2002
Lincoln, NE
W
11/1/2003
Austin, TX
W
10/21/2006
Lincoln, NE
W
10/27/2007
Austin, TX
W
12/5/2009
Arlington, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
W
10/16/2010
Lincoln, NE

I bow to your fact finding. As bad as it hurts Texas owned Nebraska over time much the same as Nebraska owned the Buffs.

But that is not the thread topic.....

Back