1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Letter of Intent - The Document

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by ScottyBuff, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Darren Rovell at MSNBC recently posted a story that links a PDF NLI document.

Thought it was interesting since I've never seen one before, thought I would share. I'm sure many of you have already seen them, and some of you have signed them before.

NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT

2. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

That's a pretty sweet logo. Do you think it cost more than $780,000?

3. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

So, para 3a and 4. You only face a penalty if you don't complete a full year at the school. Why then does anyone need to request to get out of their commitment after completing 1 year?

Also, it's on the lame side to require parents to sign if you're 18, 19, or 20.

4. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

It says those penalties plus any other forfeiture of seasons. I believe that is why student athletes ask to be released. Also it just seems like the right thing to do so there is no ill will on either side.

5. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Maybe, but the money was raised off the hard work of these scholarship kids earning millions for the university and ncaa while not taking a paycheck themselves :smile2: