What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Tourney game thread - #10 seed MEN's Bball - 1st 4 game vs. fellow #10 Boise State (In Dayton; Wed., 3/20, 7:10 PM MT; TruTV)

As I read you guys--sounds to me like he is just injured and off. All season, with all the NBA accolades I was surprised that he was not quite the slasher with easy buckets off cuts to the rim. He does have athletic ability and game We just have hope he gets better, as we continue this run.
His lateral movement is mediocre. It's his bounce, length, and straight line speed that is elite. His ankle is making his weakness glaring and limiting his strengths.

Here's the thing. Cody is going to be another player that we can claim as a former Buff that's in the NBA. Scoreboards and TVs will say Colorado when he's introduced. He will be another guy Tad 'put' in the NBA.

We should be happy for that, and not worry about the rest of it. Hopefully he contributes the rest of our time in the tournament, but if he doesn't, that's okay with me.

And he’s pretty mid tbh.

Lama,

On a lighter note, do you think a college basketball coach will ever embark on a completely new approach paying their players/NIL in Euros? Some school puts a team into the tourney that folks refer to as: "The Fighting Tskitishvilis." Some guys get paid seen and scouted, other guys paid, unseen, and scouted by 1 person? LOL

Last edited:
Worth noting that last night CU:
  • Lost the turnover battle 12-9
  • Gave up 19(!) offensive rebounds vs. collecting 6
  • Had 19 fewer shot attempts than Boise
  • Saw their best player go 6 for 18
And still found a way to win. Gritty, gritty win. They good.
once this team dedicated itself to Defense they started winning. If they can keep that mentality they will be tough for anyone.

Is Wemby the 2nd coming as everyone said he’d be. Hell no. Is he an average NBA player. Hell yes. He’s not great. Never going to be.
He’s the same fvcking player as Domantas Sabonis and Alperen Sengun. Are they great players in your minds?

That stat line that they are 16-4 jumped out to me
KJ is the man, and TDS can be a god, but we don't win many games without Eddie being Eddie.

Is Wemby the 2nd coming as everyone said he’d be. Hell no. Is he an average NBA player. Hell yes. He’s not great. Never going to be.
christmas vacation GIF

couldn't find the GIF, but your response reminded me of Uncle Lewis bantering with Aunt Bethany.

"Did I break wind?"

"Did the room clear out, hell no!"

Disagree. He's the 6th-7th man for an NBA title contender as a 21 year old. His 3-pt % is trending upwards and he is starting to realize his defensive upside as a 4 position defender and weak side rim protector. Barring injury he will likely make over $100 million in his career.
Did you mean to say he will likely make over $1 Billion in his career?

I know. Effort and all that. But, man, BSU had a lot of weird bounces go their way on a lot of those OR’s.

Peyton Watson got limited minutes at UCLA, averaged around 3 points, and the Nuggs took him in the 1st.

This kind of proves the point. Peyton Watson was a top ten recruit. Projected to be a lottery pick when he entered college. And then he was drafted 30th.

??

He shoots over 40% from the three-point line. I get why Tad isn't interested in running plays for him right now. Cody needs to crash the boards and pick up some put-backs to get his mojo back.
I'm talking about currently.

He isn't the player he was in the middle of the season when he started gelling.
I agree that he needs to set his mind to doing the dirty work. He can be a very productive player for us even if things aren't working for him on offense.

But I think he will have opportunities against Florida to drive to the hoop which is his bread and butter.

It's almost as if you don't watch any basketball whatsoever. But we like that about you.
Actually, I’ve been consistently buzzed on wine, Peronis, limoncello, almond wine and aperol spritzes for going on two weeks now. Take everything I post with a grain of salt. At least until after the 27th. Then it’s all deranged Lama.

With the way NBA salaries are going... I wanted to give a conservative estimate that I thought was likely.
I know, both are crazy. If he plays 12 years, he will likely be in the $500M range. Of course, he will tack on a few more dollars through endorsements. The NBA players make serios money.

Back