What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Tourney game thread - #10 seed MEN's Bball - 2nd round game vs. #2 seed Marquette (In Indianapolis; Sunday, 3/24, 10:10 AM MT; CBS)

Any updates on Crawford, Kossaras, Rancik senior seasons. Early reports seem like theyare guys with good potential but maybe like Dal, Diop in not being major contributors in their first year.

Disappointing but perspective gets lost in the moment when you lose.

To all those saying Tad should retire this was his best team. This was the best CU team in my lifetime, the record proves it, winning 2 tourney games proves it.

You can argue about our seeding but Marquette was a 2 seed because they were one of the elite teams this year and we lost to them by 2 possessions. We had a very good team this year.

Our seeding was due to the slump we hit in mid-season with some ugly losses but the quality of the PAC12 ended up underrated.

We have some good young players. Tad will find some more. The last few years he has been recruiting the best of his career.

I expect next season to be a step back, how couldn't it be losing 3 guys who will be NBA draft choices and some other guys who are quality D1 role players. No way though that I write off Tad and this program, he will have us back again.

no chance in hell Tad let’s this be the starting 5. it’s no coincidence we made this run while Hammond was sidelined. good kid but should be the 8/9th person in the rotation

also I’m expecting at least one of Eddie or Hadley back
Both are having a lot of fun being on this team.

Hadley isn't going pro and isn't going to draw big interest for NIL money from other schools. Very good chance he is back.

Lampkin could get more interest from other schools but he isn't going to get big money either. He probably could play overseas but not a huge motivation to leave.

Glutton for punishment, I went back and watched the last 5 minutes. You often hear the phrase “he’s gonna be seeing that shot in his sleep” … it’s rare to see 3 of those in the last 3 minutes. KJ, Cody and Hadley all with can’t miss, warmup level wide open shots. I’m sure they will be staring at the ceiling tonight replaying those over and over. Feel for those guys.

Marquette dodged a point blank bullet. 3 times.

Last edited:
This wasn't about the refs.

This was 2 very good teams that both played well and the breakdowns/ mistakes evened out over the course of the game.

Marquette was a 2-seed for a reason - they're a bit better than Colorado. We couldn't afford to miss a few more jumpers than we normally would with the looks we got. Simple as that. Another couple go down and CU pulls the upset.

This wasn't about the refs.

This was 2 very good teams that both played well and the breakdowns/ mistakes evened out over the course of the game.

Marquette was a 2-seed for a reason - they're a bit better than Colorado. We couldn't afford to miss a few more jumpers than we normally would with the looks we got. Simple as that. Another couple go down and CU pulls the upset.
I told Ruckus and Darth that if I was watching that game without the score showing, I would have assumed that the score was 98 to to 68 in favor of Marquette towards the end. It seemed like they were kicking our asses the whole way and that everything was easy for them. Our Buffs kept grinding and fighting. Would have loved to have seen a few more threes drop...

As I think about the game I think this is a game where our unselfishness may have hurt us. There were some times when instead of passing the ball around, burning shot clock, and ending up with a less than desirable shot or a shot from one of our supporting players I would have liked to see one of the key guy just take it and create a shot.

Seems like our team’s biggest weakness this season was defending. Especially these last two games. If we could’ve defended just a bit better……..AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Not only you was this arguably Tad's best team, to my memory, it was also his most entertaining.

Yep. The only other contender was Spencer's last season before Seattle. :mad:

While I like to think that Tad and his coaches have turned a corner with the new offense, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was personnel driven and we'll see more Tadball next year.

Yep. The only other contender was Spencer's last season before Seattle. :mad:

While I like to think that Tad and his coaches have turned a corner with the new offense, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was personnel driven and we'll see more Tadball next year.
Chauncey’s soph yr team was better.

Back