1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Bid and SoCal tourney exposure to boost Buff recruiting

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by buffaholic, Mar 11, 2012.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Tad had a great class this year, but was really helped by getting 3 in-state kids (which will not be the case most years). SoCal will remain important. Huge exposure by winning this tourney and getting into the NCAA's.

Quote from the coach (UofA) who just tied up the #1 class in the country:

High praiseMiller heaped compliments on the Buffaloes after the Wildcats' tough loss."I can make the argument that there's been no greater gift to college basketball in the Pac-12 than adding Colorado," the Arizona coach said. "They're well-coached, play extremely hard, very good on defense. They have talented players now. I feel like they have some really talented players coming in."I wish them the very best in the NCAA tournament. Whoever draws them is running into a hungry, well-coached, disciplined team."

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/sports/basketb...6b5-5498-8969-eecc41230be6.html#ixzz1oovmIYFY

2. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

Well, hopefully we see it again in 2014, but your point stands. Hopefully this also helps with some of the Arizona kids in the '13 class. Hopkins, Watson, and Jones would all look great in BnG!

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Problem is, and I think it's been reviewed at nauseum, but don't we only have like 1 or 2 schollies available next year?

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

we have one unless there is some attrition.

5. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

This quote was from his post game presser. I tought it was a heartfelt, classy comment from a vanquished foe. Tad and his team earned some respect around this new league. The other coaches know they will face a legitimate challenge in the future.

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

and there will be attrition

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. There's expectation of transfers and an assumption that Dre is NBA bound after next year.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Are we sure all of next year's recruits will qualify?

Also, and I admit I don't know jack **** about basketball, I just don't think 'Dre should go early. His game could use a full four years to develop, I think.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  9. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Roberson's a year away from developing the sort of offensive game that could make him a lottery pick. His rebounding is terrific and his defense is very good. He needs the third element to be the kind of player he could be in the league. Hopefully he is getting good advice.

I'll be surprised if Mills doesn't transfer, though.

10. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

<br><br>Roberson's a year away from developing the sort of offensive game that could make him a lottery pick. His rebounding is terrific and his defense is very good.&nbsp;He needs the third element to be the kind of player he could be in the league. Hopefully he is getting good advice.<br><br>I'll be surprised if Mills doesn't transfer, though.

EDIT: you said next year about Andre. duh. Right on the money IMO.