1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA growing a pair?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SpacemanSpiff, Jul 2, 2009.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

They are going to ruin SC's basketball program, the football one will get the smallest slap on the wrist ever, dont get your hopes up.

3. SpacemanSpiff

I'm not sure how you can't prove "loss of institutional control" if what we've read about Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo is true. If it spans both the basketball and football programs, that seems to indict the athletic program as a whole. Since Southern Cal is such a heavyweight in the NCAA, it will be very interesting to see how they react.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

USC isnt even the dirtiest program in the pac-10, the reggie bush **** was 5 years ago nothing is coming of that. I think you are right on Mayo though, thats going to come down hard.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

You're right. The Reggie Bush stuff was 5 years ago, and the NCAA knew of it at the time. It's not like they didn't have any info on what was going on. If it's taken this long, nothing will come of it.

So, to re-cap. At Colorado, walk on athletes who eat at the scholarship athletes training table subject the program to losses of scholarships and probation. At USC, an agent provides housing to their star running back, and it's not worthy of any serious investigation.

Sums it up pretty well, wouldn't you say?

6. SpacemanSpiff

Yes. Yes it does.

7. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen... They are just talking a big game until it's time to act, in which any evidence will fall through.

8. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I will believe that then NCAA is getting tough when they actually do it.

The 'haves' can do whatever they want (OU, OSU, USC, et al) without fear of repurcussions. The 'have nots' (CU and others) get smashed for self-reported violations.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think that was one of the points of the article: Stop slamming schools for minor stuff and focus on the big violations." It sounds like there is a lot of behind the scenes grumbling in the coaching world. The majority of programs know they are playing on an uneven playing field with the likes of USC and want it to stop. I'll believe it, USC getting slammed, when I see it. But I don't think just because its been 5 years that the NCAA won't act. Remember, too, that several players lived for free in Leinert's beach house.

10. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Just curious, I wonder if any or all of the staff at NCAA is made up of alumni from USC, Alabama, Texas, Florida St. etc?

11. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I read somewhere that the NCAA has 365 days to open an investigation after the violation is first reported. I am assuming that they will say that they wanted to throw the book at USC for football, but the statute of limitations is up. Same thing that they did with OSU a few years ago. They can look like they care, when they really don't.

12. The Fusker

The Fusker Member

The NCAA will never grow a set. Simply, because they can't and they won't.

13. The Guest

The Guest Guest

That was the case when An Ohio State University was reported for (or self reported, I'm unsure of which) a similar set of "eating at the ol' training table" violations as CU. Interestingly they received a similar fine as CU as well. Sadly it was handed down on the 366th day, so it was negated.

God Bless the shamlessness of those ****ing mother****-ass, **** slapping, dick-wanking, snatch-****, assclowns.

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

If we're talking a set of breasts, maybe....:smile2: