What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament Day 3

I don't see how UO going to the Sweet 16 two years in a row necessarily would give them a recruiting advantage over CU, especially seeing as how we can claim that we've beat them the last 3 times we played them. Not to mention that we're the only team in the conference to go to three consecutive Dances.

Besides, it's obvious that Tad and Dana have vastly different philosophies re recruiting and the type of kids they want to recruit ... so forgive me if I don't give that particular concern much credence (with all due respect).

Back to back Sweet 16s would have established Oregon above CU in the pecking order. Sweet 16s are nothing but a distant dream for us. Oregon had a chance to really establish themselves as the #3 Pac program.

Forgive me for not seeing how Oregon doing well is remotely beneficial to CU. I've never bought into the conference pride theory for recruiting. We recruit many of the same guys Oregon does, btw

Oregon lost, thank god. **** the "Pac-12 profile", I'm not a Pac-12 sap

Fine ... I guess I just don't see how an overrated team from an overrated conference beating a Pac 12 team helps CU in any way. Maybe I'm just able to put my dislike for Nike U on the back burner for the good of CU, whereas you are not ... fair enough.

But we constantly (and justifiably IMO) complain how western teams in general and Pac 12 teams in particular get little national respect or attention, due to several factors (e.g., time difference, east coast media bias, etc.). Thus ... I will be rooting vehemently for Stanford, UCLA, and Arizona tomorrow.

You can do whatever the hell you want.

Reactions: aik
Arizona and UCLA winning big is good for the conference. Beyond them, we need to be that team making the Sweet 16, not Oregon.

I didn't fill out a bracket this year (what's the point, other than begging for frustration). But I love the way these two teams play.
Same reason I do fantasy football, I want to win money -- and I suddenly start caring about the Browns/Jaguars. My interest severely declines once my bracket is no more. I don't buy into the Darren Rovell, it's more enjoyable just to watch the games as they are. And I'm not even much of a gambler besides March Madness/Fantasy Football. But to each their own...

Back