1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need assessment family faithful!

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by moett88, Nov 13, 2012.

1. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I've been lurking (really working the tail off with the hubby for some athletes) nut have popped up to get your assessment. Have a DB that's a senior. He's seriously under the radar because his school's rep has not been great these last few years but they are coming into their own. Grades and test scores are fine so he will get thru admissions.

Tell me what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUouoqzzAlKu-kSVkcl97A?feature=watch

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Has he done any camps? What are his measureables?

3. moett88

He did a few but not many. Did do NUC. On his JV squad junior year he had 15 picks. This year on Varsity he had 6 picks, 3 returned for TDs. He's 5'11 175. Might be a little bigger but I don't wanna overstate. Played basketball and track as well.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I like the basketball thing. I don't trust any CB who can't play hoops.

From the highlights (and understanding they were highlights), he looked to have good ball skills and to be aggressive. Size looked good for a corner.

5. moett88

He's a good kid. Smart player. Anticipates well. I went thru his full film and looks to be consistent in his play. And he's hungry!

6. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Bless you Moett. Glad to see you're still looking out for the Buffs, and looking forward to having Jeff back in the spring.

7. moett88

Yeah we are still here. He's excited to get back and hoping to bring a walk on with him...

8. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

If he only had one varsity year, I'd have him hit up every camp possible and 7 on 7s help as well. Get his clips to colleges too, it'll strengthen his cause. Hope he ends up at CU. Being involved in other sports is great, speaks alot.

9. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

He looks pretty good, although many of the pics in the video were due to off target throws by the QB. Would like to see him tackle more heads up targeting the waist level instead of always diving at the feet. Has he considered going the JUCO route. It would give him a chance to develop his skills further. If grades are good, he would just need to make sure he majors in something that will transfer anywhere.

To improve the highlights I would add more tight defense, pass breakups, etc..

10. moett88

Thanks much! Unfortunately he's a senior so camps are out unless he can get to an unsigned one which there are very few. He's working with a good DB trainer. Definitely having him promote himself but do know with limited exposure he may get a late offer but not sure at what level. Hoping CU is open but I know there's a need now factor so not sure.

11. moett88

Great feedback! I will go thru his film again. JUCO would be a tough sell because of his hard work at academics and most kids dream big but we do have one in the back pocket if necessary.

12. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

Kids (athletes) go to JUCO for two reasons. Either they are non-qualifiers, or they played at a school that doesn't get noticed by the big schools. The kids that are non-qualifiers are the problem ones getting in to bigger schools. The kids that qualify academically initially aren't problems as long as they take the classes that will transfer in a good major (don't pad the semester with a bunch of PE classes). The key is picking the right school and getting tape in front of coaches.

13. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

How would we get his film to coaches at CU so they can evaluate?

14. moett88

So true. So true.

15. moett88

Got it sent over. So we will see how it goes...