1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New recruiting strategy?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by LongHaulBuff, Apr 1, 2011.

1. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I was listening to a UVA recruiting/spring football report on the radio. I heard that Mike London travels around the state with the team and they use some of their spring practice time at the big time high schools. They said this caught VT and Maryland flat footed and UVA was able to pull some 4* talent away from both. I know Colorado isn't as football rich as this area but would this work by maybe practicing at Mullen once a year and other schools that may be considered feeders to the program?
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    This is very close to a recruiting violation. iirc, we weren't allowed to practice at one of the high schools because of NCAA rules last year. Regis, maybe?
  3. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Nov 29, 2010
    The players probably wouldnt like this but I think its a good idea (assuming its legal). Not only would it help with recruting but they could open the practices to the public and use it as a sort of community outreach thing and to build interest throughout the state.