What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that people want it both ways. They didn't know anything and as soon as they knew, they terminated him. Then, they were letting the police handle it. Now, so what they talked to Banashek. Banashek should have contacted them. My point was if that is your argument, then they knew earlier than they said.
My only point all along was that I do not ascribe to the "we were confused" argument with no explanation as to why then you wouldn't consult with the agency established to make sure there were no more reporting issues and just ask. One call.
And it's still not such an horrible offense. They were not the abuser. People are making CU and Mac to be villains and they aren't the ones who did the crime or committed any cover up or broke any laws. Tumkin did and is facing the consequences.

And it's still not such an horrible offense. They were not the abuser. People are making CU and Mac to be villains and they aren't the ones who did the crime or committed any cover up or broke any laws. Tumkin did and is facing the consequences.
No one except MM, RG, PD, the investigators and the Regents know if they attempted to cover it up or broke any laws. The rest of us will have to possibly wait another 6 weeks to find out and then move forward with whatever the truth is.

No one except MM, RG, PD, the investigators and the Regents know if they attempted to cover it up or broke any laws. The rest of us will have to possibly wait another 6 weeks to find out and then move forward with whatever the truth is.
Had any laws been broken, they would have been charged. Pretty simple. And following the story, it doesn't read that way.

980x.jpg

This thread.

I'm getting more pessimistic about this by the day. Having the PH people involved is not, in any way, a good thing.

I'm getting more pessimistic about this by the day. Having the PH people involved is not, in any way, a good thing.
I love the Buffs only slightly less than I love the truth. I am glad that regardless of how it plays out, the truth was told, all parties got to present their side and only the people responsible for doing anything wrong (if there is wrongdoing) face the same consequences as any other member of the CU community. If MM did nothing wrong, as he publicly stated, then I am sure he welcomes the opportunity to have an independent investigation done so he doesn't have to live under a cloud of unresolved innuendos and suspicion.

I love the Buffs only slightly less than I love the truth. I am glad that regardless of how it plays out, the truth was told, all parties got to present their side and only the people responsible for doing anything wrong (if there is wrongdoing) face the same consequences as any other member of the CU community. If MM did nothing wrong, as he publicly stated, then I am sure he welcomes the opportunity to have an independent investigation done so he doesn't have to live under a cloud of unresolved innuendos and suspicion.

It's too late. The minute CU hired Pepper Hamilton, while indirectly associating itself with the Baylor scandal, heads were going to roll. It is incredibly easy to question MacIntyre's and RG's decisions with the benefit of hindsight. I personally think it is about 50/50 that all three are fired after this witch hunt is completed. CU has turned its campus into a look-over-your-shoulder, fear-based place with an imperative to rat on fellow employees for actions in their personal lives, so as to save your own ass. I am not even a big fan on MacIntyre as a long-term solution as head coach at CU, but anyone that questions his moral compass has to be crazy.

Losing Rick George would be the end of incredible progress for the AD under his leadership. If these two are not clean enough for CU, who the hell is? I know RG thinks this is a witch hunt, and is unhappy with the process the Regents have used. The next AD may have to be a woman and possibly a nun, and even then, that may not suffice.

It's too late. The minute CU hired Pepper Hamilton, while indirectly associating itself with the Baylor scandal, heads were going to roll. It is incredibly easy to question MacIntyre's and RG's decisions with the benefit of hindsight. I personally think it is about 50/50 that all three are fired after this witch hunt is completed. CU has turned its campus into a look-over-your-shoulder, fear-based place with an imperative to rat on fellow employees for actions in their personal lives, so as to save your own ass. I am not even a big fan on MacIntyre as a long-term solution as head coach at CU, but anyone that questions his moral compass has to be crazy.

Losing Rick George would be the end of incredible progress for the AD under his leadership. If these two are not clean enough for CU, who the hell is? I know RG thinks this is a witch hunt, and is unhappy with the process the Regents have used. The next AD may have to be a woman and possibly a nun, and even then, that may not suffice.

Wow. If I thought the odds were that high that this was going to end up being a monumental overreaction that gutted CU's leadership, I don't think I'd be sleeping well.

If MM or RG gets run off over this, I'm permanently OUT as far as following CU sports goes. Let them find a new breed of suckers. DU hockey has always been interesting to me and I can develop a taste for Metro Hoops if I need to.

How long does he have to live under a cloud of suspicion? The timeline of this investigation is getting ridiculous.

It should already be done. Seems agenda driven, that usually isn't good. Fix what got ****ed up and call it a day.

It should already be done. Seems agenda driven, that usually isn't good. Fix what got ****ed up and call it a day.

Great point about it being agenda-driven. That's exactly what's happening. RG is very unhappy about how this is transpiring.

How long does he have to live under a cloud of suspicion? The timeline of this investigation is getting ridiculous.

Until such time the university has had enough of paying $1200/hour attorney fees to outside counsel?

Gotta be >100 billable hours into this by now.

Easiest way to fix what is wrong up at CU is by stopping donations. I have made it clear to CU that they won't receive any more of my money. Not a penny, until this investigation is done. I even had a difficult time contributing to the Sacky season ticket fund knowing the money was eventually going to CU. If the Board of regents runs off two people that have been very good for the University then CU will never receive another penny again.

I don't give enough to CU for them to notice, though my comments have prompted return phone calls that surprised me. If enough other people or just a handful of big donors take the same stand then even the Regents will have to take note.

Here is a mandate to the Board of Regents.....End this now. Fix any policies that are confusing. Live with policies that are State policies and don't create your own that contradict the State's, even if you don't like them. Then VERY publicly extend both MM and RG.

Ah, yes. Throw out the baby with the bath water.

Wouldn't a strongly worded public letter to the regents be a more reasonable first step?

Dear regent ...
How much has been spent thus far on the investigation on how the University dealt with the dismissal of coach Tumpkin? Do you expect this investigation to cost the university more than $1 million?

From what budget are these legal fees coming?

Regards,
CU fan who doesn't understand why this investigation is taking so long.

If MM or RG gets run off over this, I'm permanently OUT as far as following CU sports goes. Let them find a new breed of suckers. DU hockey has always been interesting to me and I can develop a taste for Metro Hoops if I need to.
Yeah. I'm too old to start a new investment. The Regents are politically driven, self serving morons.

You are right that our tax payer funded institutions, particular those institutions of higher learning, should indeed have a look over their shoulder attitude. Because Baylor!

This is such an over reaction.

1. No one died.
2. No one was sexually assaulted.
3. The coach was forced out 45 days after being reported.

We are making so much more of this than needs to be.

^This

Plus, even if there was a procedural error made by CU there was no one harmed by it. I don't know how this calls for more than a "mea culpa" from Phil D along with announcing some additional training on OIEC for AD employees. Do that and move on.

From a couple people I have talked to (not big-time sources, but sometimes they know stuff) is that the investigation is essentially over, but will not be released until post graduation to prevent distractions. I think this is dumb, but I do think if they are waiting something will come of it. I don't think this is going to turn out well for Phil and potentially RG. I think Mac will be fine. This whole thing is so so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back