What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, if only it was that easy. The victims lawyer now has ground to sue for the $3.5M since the University admitted it failed in it processes. She is going to get paid, unfortunately, by CU and by the comments from her lawyer this afternoon, he is not done dragging CU's name thru the dirt until the payment is made.

This is true.

Hmmmm, if only it was that easy. The victims lawyer now has ground to sue for the $3.5M since the University admitted it failed in it processes. She is going to get paid, unfortunately, by CU and by the comments from her lawyer this afternoon, he is not done dragging CU's name thru the dirt until the payment is made.

Seems unlikely. No injury occurred after she told MM.

She and the lawyer will use the report to hammer CU for not following the rules. The report exposes CU.

I was an advocate for setting for 500K before the report came out.

I think the price went up today. CU should settle.

CUs lawyers should investigate the victim and cover her lawyers with paper. Find out how many other times she has been abused.

Interesting read in the report. A few things:

1. Communication was very siloed on this. A lot of it really reads like a bad game of telephone. Phil seemed to be the least informed at the end.
2. MacIntyre's lawyer could've been more helpful.
3. Still no good explanation why school legal counsel was left mostly out of the loop, until Phil found a few minutes to pose a vague question to O'Rourke at the bowl game. Seems like that'd be the easiest call to make even if you're unsure of title IX or OIEC jurisdiction.

She and the lawyer will use the report to hammer CU for not following the rules. The report exposes CU.

I was an advocate for setting for 500K before the report came out.

I think the price went up today. CU should settle.
How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?
CU made mistakes. They did not follow P/P. Their employees violated Regrent's Clause on ethics. They allowed him to coach whole knowing. Their P/P do not reflect community standards for similar institutions. Have employees options to suggest own penalties,which were minimal.

He will sling mud causing situation to linger, further harming CU reputation.

This is standard stuff.

Settle.

CU decided to release the report for that exact reason though, there is nothing else that can come out from the lawyer to hurt the university in any way so they lost a lot of leverage in one day.

Honestly I just have a hard time seeing the lawyer being able to prove CU owes damages from all of this but who knows.

I believe the cost of the lawyers and the self imposed fines are a lot less than a ransom and settlement with the extortion led victim. It is one thing to want justice, and it is another to put a profit as the main objective.

Interesting read in the report. A few things:

1. Communication was very siloed on this. A lot of it really reads like a bad game of telephone. Phil seemed to be the least informed at the end.
2. MacIntyre's lawyer could've been more helpful.
3. Still no good explanation why school legal counsel was left mostly out of the loop, until Phil found a few minutes to pose a vague question to O'Rourke at the bowl game. Seems like that'd be the easiest call to make even if you're unsure of title IX or OIEC jurisdiction.

What stood out to me:

1. That Sports Illustrated piece does not seem like the hatchet job like it has been portrayed here. That reporter asked some pretty straightforward questions and rightfully had to be wondering "WTF?" at the inconsistencies.

2. Tumpkin's lawyer seemed to be deliberately keeping CU in the dark on the TPO, which caused a clear ****show the day the story hit the Daily Camera.

Am I missing something here? The report states that there was no coverup, that mistakes were made, but made out of ignorance not malice. Everybody cooperated and wanted to do the right thing even when they didn't know what the right thing was. And this is grounds for a settlement?

**** that ****. Grow a spine.

Am I missing something here? The report states that there was no coverup, that mistakes were made, but made out of ignorance not malice. Everybody cooperated and wanted to do the right thing even when they didn't know what the right thing was. And this is grounds for a settlement?

**** that ****. Grow a spine.
I'm with you, sacky. In hindsight I think hiring the law firm to investigate was a smart move. I think the report is more of a defense than something that can be used against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back