1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next up: Facilities.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Dec 10, 2012.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Bohn, DiStephano & Benson need to strike while the iron is hot. Like right now. They need to release architectural drawings and a timeline for completion, and they really need to do it before the end of the year. All this talk about how CU's administration isn't supportive of athletics could be put to rest (for the time being, anyway) with the release of the facilities plan.

2. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

It's in the contract, according to Coach MacIntyre. The dollar specifics should be available next week, and the plans should immediately follow, no?

3. sackman

Yeah. I heard that the facilities plan is in his contract. But we don't know the timeline or the scope of the project. I think it's important for them to come out and publicly state what their vision is and what they are going to be building.

4. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

It's unfortunate an announcement now will get lost in the year end hussle. Hardcore CU fans will take note, but it'll get lost in the noise for everyone else.

5. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting how specific the details are...Dal Ward expansion and IPF gotta be priority 1 and 1a.

6. sackman

Any announcement would be made for the benefit of CU fans anyway. A facilities plan doesn't mean squat for anybody else. They're trying to convince their stakeholders that they really do care about the state of the football program. They don't care what non-stakeholders think. So even if it gets lost in the year-end noise, the message will get through to the intended audience.

7. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Said in one of his radio interviews that the facilities are supposed to be completed by the end of his contract. So fully complete facilities upgrades by 2017

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

He said on teh radio that it was expected to be completed by the end of his contract (5 years).

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Exciting times

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Not only for the fans, but put it out and use it to help the recruiting dialog. I know recruits have been shown drawings for a while, but releasing it in the press will lend some credence to the story being pitched. Make it public, make it big, and keep talking about it. A press release to announce it, give detailed tour thru the drawings, then a big event at the first shovel turn. Keep it in the press as much as possible.

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

It's going public out of necessity. It always was going public like this with this hire. I'm sure that was a huge factor in firing embree.

12. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Dear god I hope so. I was hoping for earlier actually (at least the IPF)

13. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

This