What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Saban is retiring from coaching

They hired Saban from the NFL. While everyone is looking across the college landscape for a replacement, there may be an NFL guy who has recent enough college experience (understands NIL/recruiting).
Thoughts on who that might be? I honestly think Demeco Ryans or Mike Vrabel would be really good there, but I'm not sure I see NFL HCs moving the college. The money is the same if not better in the NFL and the college game is a **** show.

I agree.

Signed,

Mike Shula

Mike Price would like a word.

Also, to @Duff Man 's point, no one in that admin (I'm guessing) has ever had to hire a HC. It's even more of a possibility that it's a **** show.

Utlimately, i think they end up with someone who's ok to take a MASSIVE ****ing contract for 3 years, then ride off into the sunset with a buyout after not producing results in the same stratosphere as Saban.

The combination of freakout and delusion of UW fans is delicious. Here's a little sample:

"You know who Alabama was before Saban got there? UW. A sleeping giant (admittedly with a few more NC's in the trophy case) who was dormant for many years, waiting to be awakened. UW has the potential to be a perennial powerhouse. What's cooler...being the guy that keeps Saban's program running for him? Or, being the man that built the program that rivals it? To do that. it's going to take a commitment to the program...long term. To get that commitment, UW is going to have to be committed to the program as well. That's not just KD's salary. That's his coaches and staff as well. Again, I go back to, if we are not willing to do that then why did we bother making the move to the B1G in the 1st place??"

The combination of freakout and delusion of UW fans is delicious. Here's a little sample:

"You know who Alabama was before Saban got there? UW. A sleeping giant (admittedly with a few more NC's in the trophy case) who was dormant for many years, waiting to be awakened. UW has the potential to be a perennial powerhouse. What's cooler...being the guy that keeps Saban's program running for him? Or, being the man that built the program that rivals it? To do that. it's going to take a commitment to the program...long term. To get that commitment, UW is going to have to be committed to the program as well. That's not just KD's salary. That's his coaches and staff as well. Again, I go back to, if we are not willing to do that then why did we bother making the move to the B1G in the 1st place??"
L Oh ****ing L

Alabama had won a national title more recently than UW when Saban took over. Going back before that, Alabama won 6 titles (under a guy by the name of Paul Bryant) between the two that UW claims.

**** those guys; I hope that DeBoer leaves and they suffer in the B1G just as much as we've suffered the Pac.

Nice! Oregon and Florida State were the two that got me a little nervous about Coach Prime.

Thoughts on who that might be? I honestly think Demeco Ryans or Mike Vrabel would be really good there, but I'm not sure I see NFL HCs moving the college. The money is the same if not better in the NFL and the college game is a **** show.
My guess is Eric Bieniemy

Vrabel would be a great selection

I heard Screaming A lobbying for it earlier, shocking I know.
Stephen A continues to be a complete clown. Even after Prime told him not to disparage Boulder and that he loves it, he goes ahead and does it yesterday.

Here's Prime yesterday at a speaking event talking about loving Boulder and reiterating that he builds legacies, he doesn't inherit them

I heard Screaming A lobbying for it earlier, shocking I know.
Lol. He’s such an idiot. He really has no idea about the culture down there. Coach Prime is not even listed as a candidate on any Bama boards. They all want the typical white guy with khakis, tucked in polo and a leather belt. They not ready to handle CP’s swag.

Jimmy Sexton reps Sark, Lanning, and Norvell (also happens to rep Saban). Two of the three received massive extensions in the last 24 hours and Lanning already had his kick in.

One has to wonder if it's all kind of just part of the plan and Sexton is just pulling all the strings.

Back