What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIT Roll Call

So we found out yesterday that they are indeed going to bring a band and that we get to fly out there on Sunday and stay until Thursday night. I'm not sure if I can go though. There are a lot of variables that I have to sort out but hopefully things end up working out.

After yesterday, you are a celeb....you should have all expenses paid.....

Absolutely. Bars in the area generally, bite but there are a couple that do in a pinch. Be nice to finally meet some ABers in some form other than virtual.

I've been to Mustang Sally's a few times. Not great but decent. It's on 7th a few blocks south of MSG.

After yesterday, you are a celeb....you should have all expenses paid.....

Things are looking better for me being able to go. There were a lot of variables that were making it very difficult. First I had to get time off work. Then I had to make sure the gf could go too. I love the buffs but I didn't want to spend a week in NYC alone with a bunch of band kids I don't really know as an "old person" now. Also, she would have been really cranky if I got to go and she didn't and that would not have been worth it. She had to figure out work, school, and timing a 12 hour drive to make it back in time to catch the band bus to the airport. Things are looking good for the first two things and now she just has to figure out driving logistics. So send us some good karma and I think everything will work out in the end.

Any way to purchase tickets for the game in a manner that will benefit CU financially? I have not seen a link on a single Buffs site and CUBuffs has nothing for men's basketball.

Any way to purchase tickets for the game in a manner that will benefit CU financially? I have not seen a link on a single Buffs site and CUBuffs has nothing for men's basketball.

It's pretty likely that even if CU were to get a consignment allotment of NIT Final Four tix to sell to the general public, the money that you pay for that will go straight into the coffers of the NIT organizers (the NCAA)...the only money CU would get directly from tix sales would be whatever processing and handling fees that the ticket office decides to charge...

I saw this on twitter, but if any of you happen to wear a large shirt (sadly, they don't have an XL that I've seen), you can rock this beauty next week if you bid now.

26486.JPG

I had scrambled to put together finances on a plane ticket, talked to friends in the area about lodging, and was on the verge of locking into the trip before the boss put the kibosh on the whole plan. Damn work, always getting in the way of allowing me to do what I want.

I saw this on twitter, but if any of you happen to wear a large shirt (sadly, they don't have an XL that I've seen), you can rock this beauty next week if you bid now.

26486.JPG

That is what we should be calling our student section. How is it the "C Club" instead of "Ralphie's Rowdies"?

Section 43. I tried the recommended sections on nybuffs but they were all sold out. Oh well, still going to be unbelievable sitting 10 rows up and watching our Buffs at the Garden!

Barring some last minute catastrophe, I'm going!!!

:thumbsup::slayer::cheers::bounce::rock::dance::dance::dance::drink2::woot:

The band is leaving late on Sunday afternoon and we get to stay until Thursday night after the championship game whether we win or lose in the semis! We even get two full days all to ourselves. We're going to use one of those days to visit the gf's family in CT but the real question now is what to do on the other day. We know we want to go to the Met (and I'm sure the gf has some other plans) but do you guys have any suggestions for fun things to do in NYC? The band is staying in the Courtyard Marriott at 53rd and 3rd, which is actually a pretty good location. Probably best that we're not in the team hotel either. So yeah, I hope I can meet up with some of you who are going to the game.

Barring some last minute catastrophe, I'm going!!!

:thumbsup::slayer::cheers::bounce::rock::dance::dance::dance::drink2::woot:

The band is leaving late on Sunday afternoon and we get to stay until Thursday night after the championship game whether we win or lose in the semis! We even get two full days all to ourselves. We're going to use one of those days to visit the gf's family in CT but the real question now is what to do on the other day. We know we want to go to the Met (and I'm sure the gf has some other plans) but do you guys have any suggestions for fun things to do in NYC? The band is staying in the Courtyard Marriott at 53rd and 3rd, which is actually a pretty good location. Probably best that we're not in the team hotel either. So yeah, I hope I can meet up with some of you who are going to the game.
free day? come to Philadelphia... NY sucks...

Pos reps to all of you game-makers. Not AllBuffs reps, because I don't feel like it, but mental reps and what-not.

Pos reps to all of you game-makers. Not AllBuffs reps, because I don't feel like it, but mental reps and what-not.

When I think reps, how about hitting the deck and giving me twenty?

Alas, I have a 9 am meeting on Wednesday, and at 38, I am just too old to pull off an all-nighter road trip.

I was going to suggest that, but the game tips off at 9pm Eastern. It would be a short night's sleep, for sure.

Sleep on the train, Penn station is right below MSG, and it will take you right downtown DC, where there is a metro station. Most people on that middle of the night train are all sleeping anyway, its really not that bad. And 38 is not a excuse, maybe 83 only because of bladder issues, but not 38.

Train....

Sleep on the train, Penn station is right below MSG, and it will take you right downtown DC, where there is a metro station. Most people on that middle of the night train are all sleeping anyway, its really not that bad. And 38 is not a excuse, maybe 83 only because of bladder issues, but not 38.

Oh, I'm plenty familiar with the Metroliner and Penn Station. I have to be at the office at 8:30 am for the meeting; its a 3 hr train ride, so I'd have to get on a 5 am train at the latest - basically 4 hrs of sleep and try to catch some z's on the ride home? And be ready for a meeting? Not gonna happen. Believe me, I tried to think of a way to make it work.

Oh, and 38 was a tip o' the hat to Nik. If it were just a normal day at the office, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm plenty familiar with the Metroliner and Penn Station. I have to be at the office at 8:30 am for the meeting; its a 3 hr train ride, so I'd have to get on a 5 am train at the latest - basically 4 hrs of sleep and try to catch some z's on the ride home? And be ready for a meeting? Not gonna happen. Believe me, I tried to think of a way to make it work.

Oh, and 38 was a tip o' the hat to Nik. If it were just a normal day at the office, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Will you make the final if they win Tuesday?

Also, there were a couple new guys in here looking for watch parties in DC for Tuesday.

Will you make the final if they win Tuesday?

Also, there were a couple new guys in here looking for watch parties in DC for Tuesday.

Speaking of watch parties, has anyone heard anything for one in Boulder?

Alas, I have a 9 am meeting on Wednesday, and at 38, I am just too old to pull off an all-nighter road trip.

I really thought I was gonna see you on Amtrak....

Wasn't the game listed at 7 pm? Our side of the bracket was listed at 7 pm... so I am pissed it i the later game now....

Back