What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No moral victories

Beat ASU and get to the break at 4-2

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

I am not going to be upset that we were not routed like last week.

Nor am I worried about the haters that just saw the Buffs come together when they were getting kicked. They have some anxiety, and that ain’t my problem.

Im upset they didn't win today. I think if they had 2 more minutes, we would be celebrating the first ever CU victory over the Trojans.

That being said, I am so excited. I think this team discovered who they are today. That 2nd half was 27-14. They dominated the #8 team for 2+ quarters. I believe this team, already exceeding expectations, turned a corner today.

Disappointed in the loss. They looked lost out there in the first half. Too many mistakes against a really good team. Hopefully the comeback and the game day atmosphere impressed a few recruits.

Our RB room is odd
Love Harrison
each week a new. breakout/ Miller
Pressure was better
Special teams still concerning.

That’s starting and two-deep for the OL and DL. Doesn’t seem high for a team who wants to win big.
Ah now that I’m thinking about it I would guess a top team has like 8 or 9 o lineman they are really comfortable with and then for a 3 man front d line about 8 guys so yeah that makes sense

That’s starting and two-deep for the OL and DL. Doesn’t seem high for a team who wants to win big.
Can Prime realistically pull 5-7 elite college football players in the portal? Upgrading talent from the 2022 squad was fairly easy for him, but most of those transfers still aren’t the caliber of player he needs to win big. Are there enough great CFB players who are going to transfer to play for him, particularly on the OL/DL?

Can Prime realistically pull 5-7 elite college football players in the portal? Upgrading talent from the 2022 squad was fairly easy for him, but most of those transfers still aren’t the caliber of player he needs to win big. Are there enough great CFB players who are going to transfer to play for him, particularly on the OL/DL?
Yes

I agree that is the major question. It seemed like last year the consensus was that starting linemen were hard to get to transfer and if they were transferring you needed to pay quite a bit.

Without question. The whole country is watching and every FCS, lower level FBS and high level backup lineman is going to want to be a part of it. This is such a unique situation where opportunity and that big time spotlight converge. That said, you're not getting 20 of them. 6 or 8? I'm fully expecting it.

I agree that is the major question. It seemed like last year the consensus was that starting linemen were hard to get to transfer and if they were transferring you needed to pay quite a bit.
Yep, but Prime has consistently been the exception, and expect that to continue. We won't get them all, but there are going to be kids who want to be part of this that would otherwise never consider transferring.

Ah now that I’m thinking about it I would guess a top team has like 8 or 9 o lineman they are really comfortable with and then for a 3 man front d line about 8 guys so yeah that makes sense
The teams who have consistent performances in the OL and DL have starters (4 DL & 5 OL), 6-7 rotational players, and 3-4 developmental players working to become rotational/starter-level players.

Given conference realignment, I think you’ll see some players enter the portal who: a) need a new home because their current school’s situation degraded; b) their current school’s situation improved, but the travel degraded; c) they want to play for Prime.

This is all in addition to what you’re doing in the prep market. If an insufficient number of quality players are making it to the program, I think you start to see upgrades on the AC staff.

Without question. The whole country is watching and every FCS, lower level FBS and high level backup lineman is going to want to be a part of it. This is such a unique situation where opportunity and that big time spotlight converge. That said, you're not getting 20 of them. 6 or 8? I'm fully expecting it.
I don’t consider backups at any level “elite college football players”. That’s my point. We brought in a bunch of backups and rotational guys from other P5 programs to get this roster back on the level of a competitive P5 program. In order to make the jump to a playoff caliber program, they’ll need to bring in standout starters from other programs.

I think he will pull them in.

Does all the national spotlight of being on Fox Big Noon kickoff, ESPN and all help bring those elite guys here? I’m thinking it has to help.

Last edited:
Given conference realignment, I think you’ll see some players enter the portal who: a) need a new home because their current school’s situation degraded; b) their current school’s situation improved, but the travel degraded; c) they want to play for Prime.

This is all in addition to what you’re doing in the prep market. If an insufficient number of quality players are making it to the program, I think you start to see upgrades on the AC staff.
Can we assume that the better players from WSU and Oregon State are going to want to hit the portal since they don’t have a conference home next season? Both those teams are ranked- fun to think about us taking some of them if there are any elite players to take.

Can we assume that the better players from WSU and Oregon State are going to want to hit the portal since they don’t have a conference home next season? Both those teams are ranked- fun to think about us taking some of them if there are any elite players to take.
Hope not.

Not that, though sure. I just don’t want to see OSU and WSU decimated. They deserve better. This whole conference situation sucks, man. And screw USC and UCLA forever. I call for a pox on them!
I agree. Eight Pac 12 schools were ranked at one point this year. Sad to see the pac 12 go. But on a positive note, we should be able to win the big 12 or contend for the title each year. And those players from WSU and OSU shouldn’t be left out?

I'd rather mine Sparty for talent than WSU and OSU.

But I have a feeling we'll be searching nationally.

Back