What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No more Bull ****!!!

There was the Utah rivalry. Then wasn't it Crowder who made the statement about never wearing red because of Oklahoma? Then Mac took it to the next level with Nebraska.

We're full circle with Utah starting next year. And, as posted, every Pac-12 South divisional rival except UCLA wears some kind of red.

So, no red during Utah week or in CU facilities. This is not just a Nebraska thing.

This is kind of a thread hijacking here, but damn those Black and Gold PAC12 logos you have in your sig are SIIIICCCCKKKK! I cannot wait to see that at Folsom/CEC

I went to CU from 1990 to 1994. That was over 20 years ago and the subject of utah never came up. This utah rival thing you speak of must be older than 20 years ago.

I went to CU from 1990 to 1994. That was over 20 years ago and the subject of utah never came up. This utah rival thing you speak of must be older than 20 years ago.

Miami, that one ended in 1960 for football. Has continued to be a rival for the ski team, but that's it. We'll have to revitalize football.

I remember going to the buff games in the mid 1980's even wearing red coats to the game was taboo. That was no matter who we were playing. The Dal Ward was built shortly after Mac came here and I can't find articles on it (it was the 80's so it is not the easiest to find silly information like that.)[/QUOTE]

Dal Ward was finished in '91.

Utah seems logical as a rival. I'll add a few of my own points:

We share a border.
They wear red, again a bonus.
I hate the Utah Jizz.
I hate BYU.
Many allbuffs I met @ Blake Street yesterday are Rapids fans & part of the Bulldog Supporters Group (BSG) We really hate Real Salt Lake. We were talking about trying to get the students to sing some of our Utah songs. Here's one of the tamer ones sung on the bus to Utah.

[video=youtube;fpCzGaMGKDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpCzGaMGKDE&feature=related[/video]

Miami, that one ended in 1960 for football. Has continued to be a rival for the ski team, but that's it. We'll have to revitalize football.

Back