What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

November 6th Polls

Wouldnt´t it be funny if Stanford/OSU/BSU won out and LSU lost to Arkansas?

LSU vs Stanford would be a damn good game imo. Luck vs that D would be a great battle. Miles >>>>>> Shaw as a coach, though.

First, I'm amazed that the coaches actually kept Alabama ahead of Boise St. This might be the first time they ever got it right.

Oh and screw the damn polls.... The Ducks lose to LSU and drop 10 spots while Bama drops 1-2.

Agreed. And Oregon was on the road and Alabama was at home.

It is anticipated that the BCS polls this week will be:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Alabama
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. Oklahoma
7. Arkansas
8. Oregon
9. Clemson
10. Virginia Tech

What? How could you get here? Stanford beat Oregon but falls behind Alabama but Oregon stays in the top ten? Or Oregon beats Stanford but stays behind them? This is just stupid.

Seriously, Boise would be in there if they stay unbeaten. I can't wait for the weeks worth of bitching and moaning around here if that happens... :lol:

Remember the last time a crappy team won the MNC? BYU beating a 6-5 Michigan created the BCS. We can only hope for this, as a prelude to a playoff!

I think the unofficial pecking order is sec, b1g, big 12, pac

:rofl: Who impresses in the Big 10?

No team should ever be allowed in the NC without winning their conference or even being in their conference championship. I don't care if Alabama is the second best team they had their shot and they lost, another team needs to get a shot. Any of you who are calling for a rematch... did you also think Nebraska deserved to be in the 01-02 NC? Didn't think so.
2001 NU /= 2011 Bama
for one simple reason:
a 62-36 epic beat down at the hands of a #3 or 4 ranked team is not the same thing as a 9-6 OT loss to a consensus #1
silly comparison.

2001 NU /= 2011 Bama
for one simple reason:
a 62-36 epic beat down at the hands of a #3 or 4 ranked team is not the same thing as a 9-6 OT loss to a consensus #1
silly comparison.

Colorado was #14 in the polls when they beat up on Nebraska in 2001. (Nebraska was ranked #2)

Alabama and LSU were ranked #1 and #2 before the game, and I didn't see anything during the game that lead me to believe they weren't the #1 and #2 teams after the game. Only problem was the order of the two teams was wrong.

Colorado was #14 in the polls when they beat up on Nebraska in 2001. (Nebraska was ranked #2)
I pulled the 3 or 4 from the "before bowl games rankings" file in my head. I thought we were just barely in the top 10 going into NU that year (but now that I think about it, we were just barely in the top 10 coming out). Regardless, the point still stands: comparing 2001 NU to 2011 Bama is silly.

NU didn't deserve to be in the title game that year NOT because they didn't win their conference, but because a true #2 team doesn't get their ass handed to them by a lesser ranked team.

Half of the Pac teams would score a TD on 'Bama or LSU.

If 'Bama and LSU are so great why couldn't they even score a TD? And before we go to their D is so great, look at what the Oregon O accomplished vs. LSU.

It would be a lot better argument (that LSU and 'Bama are the two best) if they had better offenses. Keeping 'Bama at #2 in the BCS shows what a sham and fraud it is...

Half of the Pac teams would score a TD on 'Bama or LSU.

If 'Bama and LSU are so great why couldn't they even score a TD? And before we go to their D is so great, look at what the Oregon O accomplished vs. LSU.

It would be a lot better argument (that LSU and 'Bama are the two best) if they had better offenses. Keeping 'Bama at #2 in the BCS shows what a sham and fraud it is...
Look at the turnovers that LSU forced against Oregon (4 turnovers). I think LSU's defense has only gotten better as the season has progressed.

"The Cardinals are .0087 behind Alabama due to its computer ranking. If Stanford beats Oregon on Saturday, that almost certainly would push it past Alabama." http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/29180/pac-12-bcs-standings-reaction-4

Back