What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NU hopes for smooth transition under Pelini

I understand that your asking questions and that's fine, but through an internet message board it can seem at times as if you are trying to bait me into an argument. From what I have observed from last season when Watson called the plays our offense was more productive on the field. Now that may not result in points on the board, but the offense faired better. The second half of almost all the games was horrible and in my opinion was based off of adjustments by the opposing team and our lack to call the right plays and stop the opposing teams offense. Now I think part of the problem with the offense in the second half of these games is they were emotionally crushed when the defense started getting lit up. Also, being out on the field with the pressure of scoring points on every offensive drive due to your defenses inability to stop anyone has to physically exhaust you.

nah, so long as you are respectful here, i do not see any future arguments. you have been fun to have around. no argument seeking here. just talking to talk, ya know?

i agree that watching another offense light up your defense can put a considerable amount of pressure on your offense, knowing they need points every time they touch the ball.

nah, so long as you are respectful here, i do not see any future arguments. you have been fun to have around. no argument seeking here. just talking to talk, ya know?

i agree that watching another offense light up your defense can put a considerable amount of pressure on your offense, knowing they need points every time they touch the ball.
Didn't seem to bother KU or CU in their wins over NU last season... Guess Watson felt the pressure. :cool:

:devil:

I understand that your asking questions and that's fine, but through an internet message board it can seem at times as if you are trying to bait me into an argument. From what I have observed from last season when Watson called the plays our offense was more productive on the field. Now that may not result in points on the board, but the offense faired better. The second half of almost all the games was horrible and in my opinion was based off of adjustments by the opposing team and our lack to call the right plays and stop the opposing teams offense. Now I think part of the problem with the offense in the second half of these games is they were emotionally crushed when the defense started getting lit up. Also, being out on the field with the pressure of scoring points on every offensive drive due to your defenses inability to stop anyone has to physically exhaust you.

New coaches with no head coaching experience (including new staff) tend to make some really bad coaching decisions during the course of a season that sometimes costs their team a couple of victories. I'm guessing it will be no different with Bo and his new staff. Under this scenirio, If they were to pull off more than 5-6 wins this year they would be the exception rather than the rule.

New coaches with no head coaching experience (including new staff) tend to make some really bad coaching decisions during the course of a season that sometimes costs their team a couple of victories. I'm guessing it will be no different with Bo and his new staff. Under this scenirio, If they were to pull off more than 5-6 wins this year they would be the exception rather than the rule.

I can't argue with that because for the most part it's true. I do hope that Bo and Co. are the exception to the rule this season though. :smile2:

F*&k you 96!!!! :thumbsup: j/k but not really..............:wink2:

I believe that NU went into Panic mode after the 2001 season which resulted in a lot of rash decisions. I think that mentality continues today.

The whole "Nebraska Guy" thing is so silly. They hired Steve Pederson because he was a "Nebraska Guy". I remember when Nebraska fans were all over the Message boards with how SP was going to return the program to dominance. Of course that ignored the fact that SP was a total Butthead. The hiring of Callahan was a perfect example of that - Callahan took John Gruden's team to the Superbowl one year and was fired the next because his players quit on him.

Of course when Bill C was hired Nebraska fans were all over the Message boards again with how his NFL experience was a real plus. The NU fans constantly ignored the problem issues with BC running kids off and being a total Butthead. Fast-forward to 2007, the Huskers are talking BCS Bowl maybe even a MNC. They get USC at home and are going to show the world....yep...The Nebraska team quits after that game (actually half way through it.)

Then they fire savior SP during the season and un-thaw TO to come in and take his place - of course we see the NU fans all over the message boards touting dominance because Saint Tom has taken over and of course he is a "Nebraska guy". Saint Tom fires BC and hires Bo because that is what the fans want and of course he has been deemed a "Nebraska Guy" because he stopped there for a cup of coffee.

The reality is that Bo is a high risk hire. He has no head coaching experience, is not noted as a recruiter and is highly emotional - uncontrollably so. He may turn out to be a good head coach but there is no empirical evidence to support that.

The problem with Nebraska is the attitude of their fans...they want a quick fix and are not going to give someone 5 or 6 years to rebuild the program. They want to return Nebraska to dominance... probably not going to happen.

Gotta love the fact that all it takes is a post by the RSS Bot to start a multi-page thread on NU here :thumbsup:

Gotta love the fact that all it takes is a post by the RSS Bot to start a multi-page thread on NU here :thumbsup:

With your User name you must be the biggest two time loser D-Bag on this board. Go away, troll. Here's to kicking both your "teams" asses again this year.

That dirty cocksucker may be a lot of things, but troll isn't one of them.

With your User name you must be the biggest two time loser D-Bag on this board. Go away, troll. Here's to kicking both your "teams" asses again this year.

Naw, although he's roots for ****ty teams, lammie fusker is a great poster and pretty good dude. I'd suggest hanging out here a little more before suggesting that he's a troll. A douche bag, yeah that's probably fair though:smile2: (Quick, where's the pumpkin head or 3 stooges fark?)

Fair enough, I guess. IMO, if you're posting on another teams message board while rooting for arguably CU's two most hated foes, you are a troll. It doesn't matter how good a dude he is or how great his posts are. I just can't stand either one of those teams and over-reacted. My apologies to you, CSWHoFusker.

can we never speak of this defending of a husker again? A sad day for allbuffs :smile2:

Naw, although he's roots for ****ty teams, lammie fusker is a great poster and pretty good dude. I'd suggest hanging out here a little more before suggesting that he's a troll. A douche bag, yeah that's probably fair though:smile2: (Quick, where's the pumpkin head or 3 stooges fark?)

Too funny that you bring that request up on my first visit back in a while MP (aka high flyer?) Here you go....he's the one on the toilet.

Attachments

• sheep holers.jpg
    sheep holers.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 3
  • sheep holer.jpg
    sheep holer.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 109
Too funny that you bring that request up on my first visit back in a while MP (aka high flyer?) Here you go....he's the one on the toilet.

Nice timing indeed! Glad to see you back around these parts:thumbsup:

and I did under go a handle make over.

Okay, now who has that 3 stooges one? Did Sooner fans do that one?

yep, I've met lammiefusker, he's a cool dude.He had the balls to come to an allbuffs christmas gettogether at a bar. I give him props for that. He's no troll.

Fair enough, I guess. IMO, if you're posting on another teams message board while rooting for arguably CU's two most hated foes, you are a troll. It doesn't matter how good a dude he is or how great his posts are. I just can't stand either one of those teams and over-reacted. My apologies to you, CSWHoFusker.

You got to admit, while he can't pick teams to root for, he does recognize a great website when he finds one!!!

Plus, he can teach you all you don't want to know about poop. Not really a benefit, more like a stomach heaving fact, but there it is nonetheless.

BTW, a spell check on this (to see if I did 'nonetheless' right) suggested that CSWhoFusker should be changed to 'castoffs'.:smile2:

CSUHusker on the otherhand, just tells you to drop the 'CSU' and go with 'Husker' only. Even spellcheck knows being a fan of CSU is a futile cause.

kick1bb.jpg

See if this works.

I believe that NU went into Panic mode after the 2001 season which resulted in a lot of rash decisions. I think that mentality continues today.

The whole "Nebraska Guy" thing is so silly. They hired Steve Pederson because he was a "Nebraska Guy". I remember when Nebraska fans were all over the Message boards with how SP was going to return the program to dominance. Of course that ignored the fact that SP was a total Butthead. The hiring of Callahan was a perfect example of that - Callahan took John Gruden's team to the Superbowl one year and was fired the next because his players quit on him.

Of course when Bill C was hired Nebraska fans were all over the Message boards again with how his NFL experience was a real plus. The NU fans constantly ignored the problem issues with BC running kids off and being a total Butthead. Fast-forward to 2007, the Huskers are talking BCS Bowl maybe even a MNC. They get USC at home and are going to show the world....yep...The Nebraska team quits after that game (actually half way through it.)

Then they fire savior SP during the season and un-thaw TO to come in and take his place - of course we see the NU fans all over the message boards touting dominance because Saint Tom has taken over and of course he is a "Nebraska guy". Saint Tom fires BC and hires Bo because that is what the fans want and of course he has been deemed a "Nebraska Guy" because he stopped there for a cup of coffee.

The reality is that Bo is a high risk hire. He has no head coaching experience, is not noted as a recruiter and is highly emotional - uncontrollably so. He may turn out to be a good head coach but there is no empirical evidence to support that.

The problem with Nebraska is the attitude of their fans...they want a quick fix and are not going to give someone 5 or 6 years to rebuild the program. They want to return Nebraska to dominance... probably not going to happen.

There was no empirical evidence for the hiring of Tom Osborne, Bill MacCartney, Pete Carroll, Howard Shnellenberger, etc.

It would be foolish for us to ignore what Bo Pellini did at LSU and to a lesser degree at OU and NU before that. Everywhere he went, save OU, the defense improved immediately and I expect NUs D to be much better from day one this year.

Overtime I suspect NU will probably have a very, very good defense again on a regular basis. Our advantage, for now, is that Shawn Watson is still the OC. :smile2: The big question though is what will NU do on offense and will BO be too conservative like most defensive coaches or will he let his OC open it up? He's been a defensive guy for so long that I'd expect his teams to struggle on offense for awhile and or be mired in conservative play calling.

Last edited:
Interesting thread...... How will NU and Bo do???? Watson???? rest of staff??? I have no ****ing clue but there are things I am looking for that for me, will tell me which way the tide is turning.

A wise man once told me something that has proven so true over the years when I was about to make my first hire within what was his and is now partially my company. with regards to hiring; "You never know what you'll have until both parties are comfortable enough to let their guards down around each other. They are on their best behavior and so are you, lets talk about it again in 6 months and see what you think then."

I think the same is true in NU/BP's case and it might take more than 6 mos to figure it all out.

initial Positives about Bo IMO:
a) an internal belief that NU's past is important to not only its fan base but himself. views the past as a resource rather than a burden to get the program "back".
b) a willingness to seek advise from one of the best ever at the position of
HC. A huge mistake by the prior regime for what ever the reasons.
c) its a common man's "matter of fact" attitude and a "what you see is what you get" style that has the fan base excited and behind him (although fragile if losses mount) and for the most part I like.
d) fitting his scheme to the talent he has on day one.... IMO things will change and be added with the talent on the shelf.
e) class shown thus far with dealings of the team, press, past coaches (kind words said about both FS and BC) and fan base. he is very visible in the Lincoln community and that is a huge change from BC.
f) TO's role during the year.

initial Negatives:
a) the unknown; of BP as a HC, of Watson, the rest of the staff. Be it recruiting, coaching in situations, practice philosophy
b) and this one might need to be #1.... Bo's temper. there is a huge diff between being fiery and being a hot-head. calling an opposing coach an a-hole and getting flagged more than once for his mouth to being restrained during a bowl game are things I remember about Bo..... why did it take so long for BP to be hired as a HC when he came right out and said he wanted to be one when FS was let go? I do believe there was some risk in the hire but have my fingers crossed that TO knows what he is doing..... that can all be argued as well.
c) I am sure there will be more as the season unfolds.
d) TO's role during the year.

things that are benchmarks for year one (again IMO):
a) performance of O under SW and staff.
b) performance of D under BP and staff. NU gave up an average of 38 points per game last year, if that is cut to 21-24 ppg I will be happy with that considering it will be with a lot of the same talent. The O need to at least hold par to last year as points scored were not generally the issue (32 ppg avg last year was not bad).
c) attitude of the team: i.e. - will they play every down full out regardless of score or will the quit if the going is tough in a particular game?
d) will the team show improvement over the period of the season? the last two years they did not, in fact last years team regressed. This one is huge IMO maybe more important than w's and l's in year one.
e) how engaged will BP be with both sides of the ball.

things to look for beyond the first season:
A1) RECRUITING. Can BP be a top 10 recruiter?
A2) can he "coach up" the talent he gets. something that was taken for granted and was a non-factor under BD, TO, FS and staffs but was not seen to great extent and became a huge gaping hole by BC and co.
b) willingness to make change if change is needed, be it on staff or scheme or technique.
c) when personnel changes occur how well will he hire and where will the new hires come from. I think it is a slippery slope to think the next hire must have NU blood or ties.

As with the last staff, it will be fun to watch unfold and as a Husker fan I have only had to witnes this type of transition 4 times in my life.

its only fair to list expectations......
a 9-3 finish is a long shot at best, a lighting strike in one spot twice chance. expect red clad fans to be thumping their chests and waiting for the next NC at this or anything better.
8-4 is doable if things break their way. red clad fans will still be hard to live with.
7-5 would still be a good year as long as NU competes every game. red clad fans would only be tough to live with if one of the wins is over CU.
6-6 and a bowl and you will need red tinted glasses on to see the silver lining.
the red clad fans will be very quiet after another bowless season should they not win 6. Even if a win over CU were in that mix (and its not at this point) red clad fans will be quiet due to the fact the b12n is still wrong side up..... for both of us.

FYI - A local sports jock said he had more fun interviewing your HC than any other in the b12. FWIW IMO he seems to be well liked and is doing a good job.

Last edited:
Back