What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oddball Buff Facts

Overrated

Ahhh my Junior year. Great night. Looking back a little embarrassed that we rushed the field for a win over 21/24 ranked team, who was already 1-1 coming off a blowout loss to East Carolina. Then again, I also rushed for Iowa State and Texas Tech my Freshman year, so the WVU game was basically the natty in comparison.

Ahhh my Junior year. Great night. Looking back a little embarrassed that we rushed the field for a win over 21/24 ranked team, who was already 1-1 coming off a blowout loss to East Carolina. Then again, I also rushed for Iowa State and Texas Tech my Freshman year, so the WVU game was basically the natty in comparison.
We rushed the field exactly once during my 5 years ending in 2001, and was it ever worth it.

When did two sections of the student section get thrown out of the stadium vs Nebraska?

2005. The second nail in gary barnetts coffin. How we lost that game 30-3 to a team we beat handily in lincoln the year before still amazes me.

We rushed the field exactly once during my 5 years ending in 2001, and was it ever worth it.
I also rushed for OU in 2007, which was worthy, so at least I had that, but my CU career went from the beginning of the Hawkins era to the end of it. At least I got one season with a bowl game, but probably the worst 4 years for sports to attend CU in the last 30+ years, aside from maybe 2008-2011.

Overrated

Was at that game-The one thing I'll never forget was this one WVU fan.....older lady, was probably 70s at that time. Loudly says to her group the following in the twang you hear in that state: "When was the last time Pat (McAfee) missed a field goal?"

That's weird. I wonder why I was at that game?

They didnt clear the student section until the fourth quarter, and the game was already over at that point, so maybe you left in disgust before they kicked out the students?

They didnt clear the student section until the fourth quarter, and the game was already over at that point, so maybe you left in disgust before they kicked out the students?
No. I was at the game and in the student section. I just wonder why I was at that game as I had already graduated and moved out of Colorado.

Freshman year for me. Hell of a time, from what I remember. A little embarrassed seems fair.

Best field rush of my time as a student was 1990 in Lincoln after 27-12. I've told this story before, but my buddy almost got arrested for trying to pee on the "N" in the middle of the field. Only his reserve military ID saved him jail time and us spending the evening bailing him out.

Spending the night in Lincoln bars with all our CU gear and faces painted was the best that night.

Best field rush of my time as a student was 1990 in Lincoln after 27-12. I've told this story before, but my buddy almost got arrested for trying to pee on the "N" in the middle of the field. Only his reserve military ID saved him jail time and us spending the evening bailing him out.

Spending the night in Lincoln bars with all our CU gear and faces painted was the best that night.
I can only tell you I was in the crowd rushing the field and I stood on the N after the game. We had to have been within feet of one another. I am glad your buddy did not pee on my shoes.

That Miami game was my sophomore year @ CU. You young whippersnappers missed some good times in Folsom in the early 90s.
Was already an alumn, but had terrible seats. Last two at the very NE side of the stadium. We were so far away that we were BEYOND the back of the end zone, so we had to rely on our radios to describe the fight.
You kids missed some terrible football in the early ‘80s

Was at that game-The one thing I'll never forget was this one WVU fan.....older lady, was probably 70s at that time. Loudly says to her group the following in the twang you hear in that state: "When was the last time Pat (McAfee) missed a field goal?"
I was at that game as well. Walking through campus there was so much camo you'd think we'd been invaded by the south.

Sounds like nirvana.

I was at that game, but there was no way I would be able to rush the field because my F-ing Feet were so frozen. They still say it was only 40 degrees that night, but with the wind and freezing rain, it was way worse than 40 degrees, more like 20 degrees! I had to get back to the hotel to warm up and thaw out. I did yell a lot of bad sh*t that night and almost got some bottles thrown at me. Oh gosh what a great memory, I want to have a similar feeling this fall! Go Buffs

Hale Irwin played QB for the Buffs, and John Stearns played DB.

Hale Irwin played QB for the Buffs, and John Stearns played DB.
I lived 30 miles from the world golf hall of fame, and I had no idea who Hale Irwin was. That dude is a legend. Please tell me we have the official gold course named after him? Also that Stearns dude might be the worst MLB all star of all time.

I lived 30 miles from the world golf hall of fame, and I had no idea who Hale Irwin was. That dude is a legend. Please tell me we have the official gold course named after him? Also that Stearns dude might be the worst MLB all star of all time.
He was not, and I'll fight any man who says differently.

Sorry, he’s the worst 4x all star of all time.
That's it, when do you want to meet at Casa Bonita?

j/k I like him because he was/is a Buff, was a standout defensively behind the plate (the real reason he was an AS) and the guy tackled a fan who got on the field during a game, coming from behind the plate to put the guy down. How can you say he was the worst AS with that on his resume?

Back