What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

rumors arise again! Is there a team meeting for Cincy today? A press conference? Who knows.

And, just cause I love this quote about last night's game against CSU:

as a side note, according to Adam at rivals, Butch spent significant time talking to a certain ex-CU head coach yesterday.

http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=181544636&mid=181544636&sid=894&style=2

I think I'm gonna be posting these all day :lol:

csu_cu_es-seqn160.0_standard_500.0.jpeg
h/t ralphie report

Can you post who the "certain ex-CU head coach" is when the 24 hour window runs?

No news! Heard 102.3 report that they called up someone in Boulder and were told that DeRuyter was our next phone call. Haven't heard that anywhere else though.

thanks rivals for the pic of CSU committing yet another foul that (according to their fans, at least) didn't happen.

F952158.jpg

when did SHT learn to shoot free throws btw?

Reed

Sources say that the Plan B List for #CU is not limited to Head Coaches only. @MileHighSports @Allbuffs @zachfoggsports @gtheproducer

F952159.jpg

Colorado: Sources tell us former NFL Coach of the Year with the New York Giants head coach Jim Fassel is interested in the job. If he's interested, Colorado should take a long look.

Weird!

Reed Marks @reedmarks
Fassel wants the #CU job, not the other way around. @Allbuffs @MileHighSports
Thank goodness!

As of last night, Tim Duruyter had not been contacted yet, by #CU this was confirmed by @gtheproducer @zachfoggsports

Innnteresting. If not officially him, then who?

@EricGoodman: #CUBUFFS coaching search... Was told #Alabama Kirby Smart isn't the right fit

12/8 Update: Nothing substantive to report - Seems like we are bringing candidates in from all over the country, but very quietly. No new names have been dropped, yet. I expect that to change very soon though, and we will let you know when it happens!

Also, ****, that game sucked. Too bad our team had nothing today, as we had a solid fan section at the game. One reporter said he couldn't remember when he had seen a bigger visiting section at Phog arena. Really got the students riled up. I don't think they are used to competition :lol:. Definite FACT that our students are better! The C-Unit is the bomb.

Zach Fogg @zachfoggsports

Sources close to Fresno HC Tim DeRuyter, continue to say he has not been officially contacted by CU. @reedmarks@gtheproducer

Reed Marks @reedmarks

@darrelldefabry I believe we are still pursuing BCS level HC at this point. @zachfoggsportsheard DeRuyter has not been contacted.

Reed Marks @reedmarks

@darrelldefabry @Cduman21 @gtheproducerI can say I believe they have met w/ a coach today.

a quick perusal of the departing flights from boulder today sure shows some interesting places.

Last edited:
Enjoy parsing this buff fans: @reedmarks: I can say this on Dan Mullen, someone I spoke to today told me "no way Mullen goes to #CU..but I will check anyway" he checked. @Allbuffs

According to MSU's beat writer.

In a text response to The Dispatch, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen
confirmed reports connecting him to Colorado have no truth to them.

@reedmarks: If Mullen is in the mix, not saying either way, he will deny it as he is still recruiting for MSU..picked up a 4* verbal today. @adamcm777
Hmmm. So, no news today on mullen
@reedmarks: I can confirm that Dan Mullen is in Mississippi today. He has been there all weekend as he was hosting recruits.

12/10 Morning Update: Yesterday all was mostly quiet, with only one new name appearing. However, there were lots of interesting flights into and out of boulder, and the guys following the search think that our pursuit of Dan Mullen has not yet ended in failure. Will today be the day we start to hear something positive, one way or another?
Reed Marks @reedmarks

@tevans7777 we reached out to [dan mullen] from the start, but he said pass b/c of the Arkansas job. I HEAR we've made another run.
Reed Marks @reedmarks

Quiet weekend yes! But it was a large recruiting weekend around the country. 2nd to last b4dead period. Expect a pick up tomorrow @Allbuffs

Reed Marks @reedmarks

Mullen has 2 Colorado ties on staff at current. Wilson (DC) was at #CU 00-04 & Tim Brewster was w/ Broncos 05-06. @Allbuffs

Allbuffs @Allbuffs
Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated is reporting that Colorado plans to hire San Jose State´s Mike MacIntyre as the... fb.me/1qMQZA37d

whelp - it is over. Now, time for the assistants.

Allbuffs @Allbuffs
RT @adamcm777: #CUBuffs have a 3 pm team meeting scheduled to announce Mike MacIntyre as its new head football coach.

Wonder how that will go.

[video=youtube;59EoC3zqAD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59EoC3zqAD4[/video]
SJSU's opening drive against CSU

Offense statistics this year: 30th in total yards at 6.39 yards per play and 451.67 yards per game; 26th in scoring offense at 35.25 points per game.

However, his offense is not a good running offense, statistics wise. throws the ball around something fierce though.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22161228/cu-buffs-hire-mike-macintyre-lead-football-program

Last edited:
TEAM STATISTICS SJSU OPP
--------------------------------------------------------
SCORING....................... 423 257
Points Per Game............. 35.2 21.4
FIRST DOWNS................... 275 217
Rushing..................... 78 78
Passing..................... 183 122
Penalty..................... 14 17
RUSHING YARDAGE............... 1490 1484
Yards gained rushing........ 1799 1915
Yards lost rushing.......... 309 431
Rushing Attempts............ 423 412
Average Per Rush............ 3.5 3.6
Average Per Game............ 124.2 123.7
TDs Rushing................. 16 14
PASSING YARDAGE............... 3930 2733
Comp-Att-Int................ 303-425-9 234-404-15
Average Per Pass............ 9.2 6.8
Average Per Catch........... 13.0 11.7
Average Per Game............ 327.5 227.8
TDs Passing................. 33 18
TOTAL OFFENSE................. 5420 4217
Total Plays................. 848 816
Average Per Play............ 6.4 5.2
Average Per Game............ 451.7 351.4
KICK RETURNS: #-Yards......... 38-998 54-1069
PUNT RETURNS: #-Yards......... 16-42 19-188
INT RETURNS: #-Yards.......... 15-250 9-36
KICK RETURN AVERAGE........... 26.3 19.8
PUNT RETURN AVERAGE........... 2.6 9.9
INT RETURN AVERAGE............ 16.7 4.0
FUMBLES-LOST.................. 21-14 27-16
PENALTIES-Yards............... 64-588 45-400
Average Per Game............ 49.0 33.3
PUNTS-Yards................... 51-2161 67-3004
Average Per Punt............ 42.4 44.8
Net punt average............ 36.7 43.0
KICKOFFS-Yards................ 82-4979 53-3015
Average Per Kick............ 60.7 56.9
Net kick average............ 40.7 33.3
TIME OF POSSESSION/Game....... 32:23 27:37
3RD-DOWN Conversions.......... 73/163 57/171
3rd-Down Pct................ 45% 33%
4TH-DOWN Conversions.......... 7/14 12/27
4th-Down Pct................ 50% 44%
SACKS BY-Yards................ 40-218 25-186
MISC YARDS.................... 0 0
TOUCHDOWNS SCORED............. 54 33
FIELD GOALS-ATTEMPTS.......... 16-17 10-12
ON-SIDE KICKS................. 0-0 1-1
RED-ZONE SCORES............... (42-52) 81% (26-34) 76%
RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS........... (30-52) 58% (19-34) 56%
PAT-ATTEMPTS.................. (51-54) 94% (29-31) 94%
ATTENDANCE.................... 64732 151467
Games/Avg Per Game.......... 6/10789 6/25244
Neutral Site Games.......... 0/0

SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
-------------------- --- --- --- --- ---
San Jose State...... 91 133 118 81 - 423
Opponents........... 62 91 44 60 - 257

looks like the early consensus on twitter is that New Mac's hashtag is #MacAttack - credit to Shane Dillon

Colorado Football @RunRalphieRun
We will introduce Mike MacIntyre as our head coach in a 4 p.m. MT press conference. Live on the @pac12 Networks & sh2.sh/Pac12Digital
can't go back now!

Officially official:

CBSDenver @CBSDenver
San Jose State University confirms football coach Mike McIntire has stepped down, expected to take CU's position. denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/10/cu-…

Last edited:
Coach MacIntyre will be paid $2 million per year, roughly, for the next five years... combination of info from Reedmarks, Ringo, and 247

Per radio today, Coach MikeMac is going to be attempting bring both his OC and DC with him, as well his DL guy Jeffcoat, his Strength and Conditioning Coach (thought of as an innovative fast riser), and at least one more.

Al is already starting to go bananas over this:
“@arwoerp21: @BigAlRadio thats a good thing if you want to start over and get a good culture in that locker room big Al” that's 1 way!

Back