What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

official 2014 Colorado @ USC game thread

Kelley has to pick up that block on the sack. And Nembot got schooled on his.

For the most part, though, the OL has played really well today. Maybe their best game. And we're wasting it.

Not even close.

Up until this game, the big story of 2014 was supposed to CU's ability to compete into the second half.

USC can call the score in this game. This blow out hurts much more than ASU in MacIntyre's 1st year.

I understand and agree with some points, but see it differently. At least we could do a few things in this first half, unlike that game. Plus this USC team is better than that ASU team.

Men against boys

Pretty much. It always depends on which USC you get. Their talent is the best in the conference, maybe the country. But they almost never play like it.

But, ****. Buffs have made it easy with stupid plays and penalties. We should be getting worked, but not like this.

What is it about gameday threads that bring out the most idiotic posters on the board? :huh:

Wonder if USCs punter will head back to his dorm room for the second half to play XBox? Don't think he will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whelp, any questions about defensive improvement can be put to rest. Offense has had a bad day too, but wow the d has been as bad as ever

What is it about gameday threads that bring out the most idiotic posters on the board? :huh:

Heat of the moment. Called their shot for "This is the one we finally steal on the road!" and then saw the team **** the bed like they usually do. Went to worst possible outcome. Doom.

I'm getting ****ing tired of this, seems like everything that can go wrong does. Tired of them having second and 3 when they do nothing more than a simple run. This is bull****, I'm damned tired of it. Sorry just a little frustrated.

Would be hard to blame youth when USC's OL is so young this year. Our front 7 isn't any younger than their OL.

The differences USC's freshmen are already 300 pound grown men Our freshman are 18-year-old boys who are just in the prime of puberty

Whelp, any questions about defensive improvement can be put to rest. Offense has had a bad day too, but wow the d has been as bad as ever

That's just not reality. They are getting beat, sure, but I don't see everyone being out of position and getting fooled on each and every misdirection play like I saw in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. The defense is plainly not "as bad as ever."

The differences USC's freshmen are already 300 pound grown men Our freshman are 18-year-old boys who are just in the prime of puberty

IOW, a crock of **** excuse. Thanks, we needed someone to step up.

(It's the scheme)

Addison isn't the same this year. Think the arm is hurting him. Our LB crew is too small and not aggressive enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The linebacker deficiencies are glaring. Once upon a time we were one of the schools you thought of as a linebacker factory. Where's Ted Johnson or Matt Russell (or 20 other guys) when you need him/them?

Heat of the moment. Called their shot for "This is the one we finally steal on the road!" and then saw the team **** the bed like they usually do. Went to worst possible outcome. Doom.

Why the hell did anyone think we had a chance. I get furious over games like Cal and OSU, but this one? I'm simply pissed about likely losing 26,000 rep points. Didn't see ASU 2013 happening today.

we are still a long way from competing... I'm at a loss...guess we'll see how HCMM does next year, needs to make some off season changes though starting with Neinas

That's just not reality. They are getting beat, sure, but I don't see everyone being out of position and getting fooled on each and every misdirection play like I saw in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. The defense is plainly not "as bad as ever."

Uhhh. Fine. It's slightly better than the all time standards for suckitude set in the last few years. But functional improvement? Not there.

Mac said something interesting, nobody was supposed to rush that punt. Bad call or not, Mosely wtf ru doing man?

I posted a lot earlier in this thread that I thought the defensive gameplan was a mistake. We came out and basically dared USC to make explosive plays to beat us. Ummmm. That's the exact opposite of what you want to make USC do.

Why the hell did anyone think we had a chance. I get furious over games like Cal and OSU, but this one? I'm simply pissed about likely losing 26,000 rep points. Didn't see ASU 2013 happening today.
Too much pot er, I mean kool-aid going around. I didnt really think we had a shot, but I stayed silent about it since everyone would call me a naysayer

Back