What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Would David Shaw be a candidate for ND? No real reason for this other than him being an excellent coach and proven recruiting ability to a high academic standard program.

I think ASU still has some of that left, and a name like Chip Kelly still resonates with kids and they would market the **** out of that. I'd be worried if they were able to get him.
Yeah they have some of that but they will always be behind UCLA and USC in their own division. I would definitely be scared if they got him because they will be better I am just talking about a fit for him personally.

Would David Shaw be a candidate for ND? No real reason for this other than him being an excellent coach and proven recruiting ability to a high academic standard program.
He's got a pretty good gig at Stanford and he's an alum - going to ND would be a risky move.

I wonder if Paul Chryst is sick of Barry Alvarez yet? He's coached at Oregon State before and would be a little funny if Wisconsin lost consecutive coaches to Corvallis.

Yeah they have some of that but they will always be behind UCLA and USC in their own division. I would definitely be scared if they got him because they will be better I am just talking about a fit for him personally.
Maybe. His Oregon teams weren't too far behind SC and UCLA in recruiting, although, I'm sure a lot of that was due to Nike and the swag factor.

He's got a pretty good gig at Stanford and he's an alum - going to ND would be a risky move.

I wonder if Paul Chryst is sick of Barry Alvarez yet? He's coached at Oregon State before and would be a little funny if Wisconsin lost consecutive coaches to Corvallis.
Can't see Chryst doggin his alma mater. He was Alvarez's guy.

Aggie: Chip Kelly, Larry Fedora, Dana Holgerson, Frost, Wilson, Aranda
ND: Fitzgerald, Mac, Fleck, Mason
Auburn: Chip Kelly, Dan Mullen, Larry Fedora, Frost, Wilson, Aranda

I think Fedora would be a pretty underwhelming hire for them. Already 0-2 this year and other than the one season at UNC, lots of meh.

Mark D'Antonio to ND would be pretty interesting. He had a really ****ty year last year, but he had a pretty sick run going at Michigan St before that. But it's ND so they'll probably go after some big name/NFL guy.

Maybe. His Oregon teams weren't too far behind SC and UCLA in recruiting, although, I'm sure a lot of that was due to Nike and the swag factor.
UCLA just built brand new facilities too, which should help quite a bit because that is really all they were lacking.

Mike leach in College Station?

Oh please lord baby Jesus make this happen. The comedy alone would be spectacular. I'd hate losing him in this conference because let's face it, the guy is an absolute treasure. But putting him in charge at A&M would be gold, pure gold.

Leach would actually be a good fit at Notre Dame. I'd love to see what he could do with the talent he could get there.

He's catholic, which is a big bonus for a coach there since his bosses are priests.

cringe.. what spots are looking openish that Mac would be a worry losing to?

If Derek Mason dips and Vandy is open.. gulp

Leach would actually be a good fit at Notre Dame. I'd love to see what he could do with the talent he could get there.

He's catholic, which is a big bonus for a coach there since his bosses are priests.
Are you sure he's a Catholic? He graduated from BYU. Not many Catholics go to BYU.

cringe.. what spots are looking openish that Mac would be a worry losing to?

If Derek Mason dips and Vandy is open.. gulp
I know he has some Vandy ties and what not, but Vandy will be forever irrelevant in the college football landscape, that I have a hard time seeing that as some kind of dream job for him.

If Tennessee fires food cart, though...

I know he has some Vandy ties and what not, but Vandy will be forever irrelevant in the college football landscape, that I have a hard time seeing that as some kind of dream job for him.

If Tennessee fires food cart, though...

just seems he's kind of like Cutcliffe and doesn't really want to be at a football factory type place. But yeah, I might place too much emphasis on Vandy since he went there + his Dad went there.

Mike leach in College Station?

Oh please lord baby Jesus make this happen. The comedy alone would be spectacular. I'd hate losing him in this conference because let's face it, the guy is an absolute treasure. But putting him in charge at A&M would be gold, pure gold.
The local radio guys in Portland talked about Mike Leach to aTm and laughed it off. Mike Leach left the state (and not just Texas Tech) with some pretty bad blood over his contract and the state's Sovereign Immunity law. I don't see him going back.

Back