What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Best case scenario for me is that UCLA hires Kelly (I’m not a Kelly fan, I think he will fail miserably there) and UF hires Frost. Nubs then hire Dan Hawkins.

Yeah, I’m not sure what will happen if Nebraska can’t snag Frost. Their fans and boosters have decided that he’s the next coach and that they won’t be outbid for him. I saw someone suggest going after Whittingham again and another fan responded that that would feel like “settling again.” :|

Someone like Les Miles might be enough of a “splash” for them to get over it. But I expect a complete meltdown if they don’t get Frost.

Yeah, I’m not sure what will happen if Nebraska can’t snag Frost. Their fans and boosters have decided that he’s the next coach and that they won’t be outbid for him. I saw someone suggest going after Whittingham again and another fan responded that that would feel like “settling again.” :|

Someone like Les Miles might be enough of a “splash” for them to get over it. But I expect a complete meltdown if they don’t get Frost.
We can only hope.

Wittingham has been at Utah for a very long time (in college coaching terms). I am sure at some point it gets a little stale from both sides. However, Wittingham is about as stable a coach you can find and I am sure Utah knows this. He obviously hasn't been that interested in moving on as I don't recall his name coming up much for other openings.

Wittingham has been at Utah for a very long time (in college coaching terms). I am sure at some point it gets a little stale from both sides. However, Wittingham is about as stable a coach you can find and I am sure Utah knows this. He obviously hasn't been that interested in moving on as I don't recall his name coming up much for other openings.
He interviewed for the Nebraska job a couple years ago.

Interesting comments from Russillo from his show yesterday. He knows Chip and has for a while but he was just discussing which job Chip would prefer between UCLA and Florida. Basically it doesn't come down to being on the west coast or being under pressure or anything like that it all comes down to who he has more confidence in as an athletic department and how the AD and staff will support him.

Interesting comments from Russillo from his show yesterday. He knows Chip and has for a while but he was just discussing which job Chip would prefer between UCLA and Florida. Basically it doesn't come down to being on the west coast or being under pressure or anything like that it all comes down to who he has more confidence in as an athletic department and how the AD and staff will support him.
As it probably should be for every coach. I can definitely see this from Chip and how things have unfolded in his career to this point. Had all the AD support and $$ he needed at Oregon, but found out the NFL was a different beast in Philly and was in a **** show of a situation with management in SF.

As it probably should be for every coach. I can definitely see this from Chip and how things have unfolded in his career to this point. Had all the AD support and $$ he needed at Oregon, but found out the NFL was a different beast in Philly and was in a **** show of a situation with management in SF.
Chip also really can't afford another quick firing, that could be a career killer so he probably needs to find a great situation. In hindsight, he never should have taken the SF job - the ownership is awful and they were a mess, he's a much better coach than that 1 year would indicate. I hope he goes to Florida because I think he would be very good at UCLA.

https://landryfootball.com/listen-chip-kellys-future/

Here is a link talking about the coaching carousel if anyone is interested. I will post the cliff notes.

Chip is definitely interested and impressed with Florida but both are evaluating one another to see if they are really the best fit. The downside at UCLA is that the money for assistants and for the program in general are not there like they are at UF but it is a better fit for him in terms of dealing with the media and boosters. He also said that having Spurrier at Florida could be quite the hiccup since Chip has such a big ego and that a guy like Frost would be better as dealing with that Dynamic. Florida would be preferable because they are a national championship caliber program but he would have to deal with the booster/media aspect which he doesn't like.

Also said he expects A&M to open up after this weekend but not sure where they would go, he did say they would probably have interest in Kelly.

Basically called Jimbo Fisher a drama queen who is mad about the criticism he is getting this year for losing and that he doesn't have the best facilities anymore so it is becoming harder to compete with Clemson so he is just looking for attention. Says there is no chance he would go to Tennessee.

Mullen will leave Mississippi State for Tennessee if he is sure they will spend top dollar on assistants so he can compete in the SEC, basically said that Tennessee talks a big game but it is a little different when coaches get on the job.

Unfortunately, says he thinks Frost will go to Nebraska unless Florida hires him.

Whittingham to UCLA would be a nightmare for the rest of the PAC-12, IMO. Utah's biggest issue is the ability to recruit top talent. He would not have that issue at UCLA. Gary Anderson to Utah then.

I know I have negative bias towards Nebraska, but I just can't wrap my head around Frost taking the Nebraska job. He seems smarter then that.

Bob Stitt out at Montana.......I'd replace Lindgren with him tomorrow.
Stitt only wanted the CU job of OC before if he was given complete control of the offense. If that's still his criteria, it's not gonna happen.

Stitt only wanted the CU job of OC before if he was given complete control of the offense. If that's still his criteria, it's not gonna happen.
I mean, every OC should expect to be running an offense within the Head Coaches team philosophy. I don’t see why MM would be so objectionable to Stitt’s offense where Mac would step in and dictate X’s and O’s.

I mean, every OC should expect to be running an offense within the Head Coaches team philosophy. I don’t see why MM would be so objectionable to Stitt’s offense where Mac would step in and dictate X’s and O’s.
As I heard it, it was more like Stitt was interested if CU hired a defensive HC who stayed out of his meetings & was totally hands off. That won't fly.

I like Stitt a lot, though. And circumstances change. CU's not a dumpster fire, there's a stronger AD he can't bully, and Stitt just got fired so his leverage is different (especially for what would be a big pay increase & higher profile job than he had).

As I heard it, it was more like Stitt was interested if CU hired a defensive HC who stayed out of his meetings & was totally hands off. That won't fly.

I like Stitt a lot, though. And circumstances change. CU's not a dumpster fire, there's a stronger AD he can't bully, and Stitt just got fired so his leverage is different (especially for what would be a big pay increase & higher profile job than he had).
Yeah sounds like he wanted to be HC. I can’t imagine any big time program having a staff operate like that.

I think its worth talking with him if he's willing to take on the same title BL has now.......If we lose to the Utes, BL's gotta go.

Back