What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Jeff Brohm will be the next guy to use Tennessee to get a massive raise out of his current employer........Sexton should be working his a$$ off to get MM into consideration for that gig..........he's probably the one P5 coach who would take that gig at this point.

Bo pelini picking up some steam on twitter from tenn. fans. And since as we know, the fans apparently run the show there worth keeping an eye on. Cant imagine why they would go from a guy like butch to the exact same guy in bo though.. but it is tenn. so it may be the only option that makes sense!

I could see Brohm taking this job. I like him better than Food Cart, but I don’t know if he’s better equipped to win at Tennessee than FC. At best, I see this as a lateral move with a marginal P5 coach to save face. It would be amazing if Brohm parlayed this into an extra million or two per year from Purdue, though.

I could see Brohm taking this job. I like him better than Food Cart, but I don’t know if he’s better equipped to win at Tennessee than FC. At best, I see this as a lateral move with a marginal P5 coach to save face. It would be amazing if Brohm parlayed this into an extra million or two per year from Purdue, though.
Purdue can definitely pay more too, it's not like they are strapped for cash.

Reset Part VIII.....

Filled jobs:

fUCLA- They strike hard and fast, grabbing the brass ring and landing Chip Kelly. h/t Jens.
UF- Mullen is in, per ESPN.
Ole Miss- Matt Luke it is. h/t nik.
MSU- Joey Moorhead, OC at Pedo. St. takes over in Starkville. h/t cmgoods

Open jobs:

Oregon St. - Cal OC Beau Baldwin was tapped for the job. h/t nik UPDATE: not so fast, they are still looking. (h/t NW Buff) All AC's, except Cory Hall, fired and told to evacuate the athletic building. Dennis Erickson redux?
Rice- David Bailiff let go. (h/t zapata)
ASU- Graham out. h/t Jens, Pat Narduzzi rumored to be the man. Derek Mason now ramping up. (h/t nik) UPDATE: Herm Edwards is interviewing (cue laugh soundtrack) (h/t cmgoods) AZ Cardinals helping out with advice to Stripper U.
NU- Riley out. h/t Jens. Apparently all in on Frost, after that, who knows? Fuente,? Many sources reporting Frost is the man.
Arky- Bielema out, ****canned as he walked off the field. Malzahn still has remarkable traction, if not him, probably Norvell or Chad Morriss. Looking to hire AD within the week and HC a week after that.
Kent St.- Paul Haynes out. h/t mdelpizzo
Ga. Southern- Tyson Summers out. Tee Martin has shown interest ( I forget who posted this, so h/t to somebody)
UTEP- Kugler out, Mike Price in for a repeat.
South Alabama- Joey Jones out
aTm- Sumlin out. Rumored to have offered Jimbo Fisher.

Possibles:

FSU- If Jimbo bolts to aTm, FSU has begun vetting Willie Taggart. h/t Jens. Of course that would open up OU...Leavitt, Titans and the collapse of civilizations would ensue.

In a category all their own:

Tennessee- After enduring Grudcon 1, Rocky Top suffers a case of Grudon dysfunction. Greg Schiano signs a MOU, Vols go absolutely ape**** with legislators, former players, talk show hosts and dog catchers protesting Schiano pedophile allegations. Schiano is told "no thanks" and Schiano's agent, in his best Ray Liotta voice from Goodfellas says "Screw you, pay me." Currie the AD, after having to **** backwards on the issue, is now searching, again. No way Gruden leaves his lofty perch to step in that collective pile of dog doo. Who would? A complete hot mess with a side of vitriol. Fun to watch, unless you are a Vol. Kiffin trolling them mercilessly. Food cart watching the city burn from afar.....UPDATE: Cutcliffe at Duke says no thanks. (h/t Ruckus). Now chasing Mike Gundy, who spurned them in 2012 (h/t Austin Cameron). UPDATE OF THE UPDATE: (h/t Serenity Buff) Mountains of cash being thrown at Gundy, and he is listening, btw, he's a man ya know. UPDATE, COMEDY VERSION: Gundy works UT like an old shoe, only to stay at Okie Lite. h/t cmgoods. No HC search has gone this badly in recent memory. Miles, Morris (h/t Tscheck) Brohm (h/t ahoelsken) are in play. One has to wonder how far down the list UT goes before MikMac is considered. They may truly end up with Dave Logan.

Other news:
TCU- Extended GPat trough 2024 h/t nik
TTU- KliffyK safe h/t onealcd
KU- Beaty confirmed to be back next year.
Mizzou- Barry Odom set for extension.
ISU- Campbell signs extension

Please forgive my attempts at humor, this stuff is highly amusing to me.

Last edited:
Is all buffs allowed to reach out to Sexton/George/MM about any availabilities?

Google tells me this is near San Antonio and in need of a rebuild

Id be more concerned about Jim Leavitt becoming their HC.
I think its extremely unlikely that Taggart goes anywhere. If anything, he takes a page out of Mullet's playbook and uses the opportunity to squeeze Uncle Phile out of few more million.

Tennessee is on like option 8 and MM is probably 5-10 further down. Sad
If Chad Morris and Brohm both turn them down, I have to believe MM has to at least enter the conversation. Imagine how he'd be viewed by bigger programs had they beaten UCLA, ASU or Arizona. Granted, had he done that, we all probably wouldn't be so sour on him right now, but one more win at any point this season, and we're probably talking about CU looking for a new coach right now.

url
MJ-giphy.gif

Last edited:
This is so awesome. What an unmitigated disaster.

FYI - I think Brohm would do real well at Tennessee if it were to happen

Back