What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Jim Bob Cooter played at Tennessee. He was convicted of whatever charge you get for climbing through a woman's bedroom window in the middle of the night with nefarious intent is when he lived in Knoxville.

He stripped to his underwear and got in bed with her.

If they hired him, it would sort of negate the Super Moral tennessee fan base argument.
So you are saying his full name is Jim Bobbin for Cooter.

I jest.

Jim Bob Cooter played at Tennessee. He was convicted of whatever charge you get for climbing through a woman's bedroom window in the middle of the night with nefarious intent is when he lived in Knoxville.

He stripped to his underwear and got in bed with her.

If they hired him, it would sort of negate the Super Moral tennessee fan base argument.
Really? With a name like Jim Bob Cooter? Nah, not buying it.

Who will run the offense? Call the plays? You can give anyone at UCLA the OC title but it is just a title.
Have no idea. Was just referencing the previous post that said he would be QB coach as well as OC.

I'm guessing it would be similar to when both were at Oregon. I don't know who actually called plays, as I've heard it both ways.

Chip Kelly has coached DBs, RBs, OL, OLBs, Safeties and was even a conditioning coach. He's never been a QB coach (or a QB).

His first Coordinator job? DC at Johns Hopkins.

I keep looking at this thread like:
suspense-is-terrible.gif

That is the level that Helfrich should be coaching at.
Well to answer your original question, Helfrich's coaching career is DOA, unless he can show he's a good offensive coordinator. He may not get that chance to even do that (if not under Chip), so working under Chip is a dream opportunity for him, I'd think.

Kelly keeping 3 offensive assistants at UCLA. Jimmie Dougherty (WR), DeShaun Foster (RB) and Hank Fraley (OL). Have to think Helfrich is on the way in as OC/QB.
Have they announced any of the defensive assistants that he is keeping? There are some good recruiters there.

Have they announced any of the defensive assistants that he is keeping? There are some good recruiters there.
Not that I have seen. I would imagine he will go after a pretty big name at dC and that guy will have significant input.

The only thing that scares me about this Tennessee situation, and why I haven't commented on it much, is that CU seems to want to hold the all-time trophy for coaching-search ****ups. I'm worried that next year CU's going to remember this UT search and be like, "hold my beer."

The only thing that scares me about this Tennessee situation, and why I haven't commented on it much, is that CU seems to want to hold the all-time trophy for coaching-search ****ups. I'm worried that next year CU's going to remember this UT search and be like, "hold my beer."
Tennessee would have had their coach nailed down on Monday, had their AD not succumbed to fake outrage from their fan base. It's only a **** show now because of that. CU doesn't have to worry about major fan base and legislator blowback like that, short of announcing Art Briles as HC. Also, it sounds like you have very little faith in Rick George's competence and ability to conduct an effective search.

Tennessee would have had their coach nailed down on Monday, had their AD not succumbed to fake outrage from their fan base. It's only a **** show now because of that. CU doesn't have to worry about major fan base and legislator blowback like that, short of announcing Art Briles as HC. Also, it sounds like you have very little faith in Rick George's competence and ability to conduct an effective search.
My mistake; I apparently used the wrong font. I have the utmost confidence in RG to run a smooth search and hire.

It'll be a fun ride, though. I can't wait to get turned down by the likes of Rich Kotite, Mr. Coach Klein, and Matt Lauer only to end up with Robert Hodge.

The Arkansas's coach quest is another one to keep an eye on.. Arkansas has the resources to go after just about anybody with their gaggle of sugar daddies and mamas i.e. contingents from the Tyson Food and Walmart Families. They're allegedly chomping at the bit to hire their native son, Malzhan. As crazy as it sounds, I bet they will be rooting for Georgia this weekend in a bid to loosen Auburn's grip.

The Arkansas's coach quest is another one to keep an eye on.. Arkansas has the resources to go after just about anybody with their gaggle of sugar daddies and mamas i.e. contingents from the Tyson Food and Walmart Families. They're allegedly chomping at the bit to hire their native son, Malzhan. As crazy as it sounds, I bet they will be rooting for Georgia this weekend in a bid to loosen Auburn's grip.
Seems like it will be tough to get him away no matter the result this weekend but it is a good job and they will compete with anyone facility/resource wise.

Back