What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

The one coach that screams to me pay him anything he wants to go to Nebraska is CHRIS PETERSON, but I think Washington is a better job, and I think Washington would match it. The second coach that screams to me a potential homerun is DAVID SHAW, since his style of offense with running the ball is actually what most Fuskers want to see again. But, when push comes to shove, I believe that SCOTT FROST will be the coach as early as next year depending on the AD. If they hire Trev Alberts, then you will see Frost. If they hire Frost, our LB Coach Els would likely return to Nebraska.
Neb should not attempt to recreate glory IMO. Hiring Trev and Frost could be a turn to the past. They need to go forward. Starts with good AD.

Aim high, Herbie the Husker!

So what can Nebraska be? One Power Five athletic director offered this analysis: “Nebraska can be a better version of what Virginia Tech, Wisconsin and Kansas State have been,” the AD told Yahoo Sports. “They can be on the high end of that. They can’t be what Ohio State, Alabama and Florida have been recently.”

I think if NU cans Riley, they will aim high at Stoops, Tressel, Miles, Kelly, Petersen and all the "names" only to find out none of them are interested. When they finally get low enough on their list that people will listen, many of the top coordinators and up and coming G5 guys will have landed elsewhere and they will hire some retread who is looking to retire on the job and cash in.

Then, hopefully, the Earth will open and swallow Lincoln.

It will be interesting to watch the remainder of the season to see if the kids play for him? or fold up shop.

I think if NU cans Riley, they will aim high at Stoops, Tressel, Miles, Kelly, Petersen and all the "names" only to find out none of them are interested. When they finally get low enough on their list that people will listen, many of the top coordinators and up and coming G5 guys will have landed elsewhere and they will hire some retread who is looking to retire on the job and cash in.

Then, hopefully, the Earth will open and swallow Lincoln.

Sooo Leavitt to Lincoln?

Doot di doodle ee doot de do...

I think rutgers beats em this weekend. To many distractions and rutgers always has some athletes.

I am so confused why Peterson keeps being brought up, he doesn't need any leverage with his contract, he could name his price with what he has done there. You

I can see why Petersen's name gets brought up for other jobs with the job he's done at UW. I can't see why people think he'd go to Nebraska as it's neither a bigger nor a better job than the one he has. Nevermind that he's never coached east of Boise except for one year at Pitt in 1992.

Last edited:
https://theathletic.com/107812/2017/09/22/dear-faux-pelini-shawn-eichorst/
Lot of the column is on this today. It's glorious.

Dear Faux Pelini,
Please save Mike Riley. Thanks.

A Concerned Husker Fan
Well Concerned,

Only Mike Riley can save Mike Riley, because there is no one left who wants to help Mike Riley. When your boss basically gets fired for hiring you — and they announce that to the masses — you are alone in the universe. Only you can help you.
Sure, Riley’s Nebraska bosses want him to win, because they want Nebraska to win. But they are not invested in Riley like Eichorst was. They are already making secret lists of potential new head coaches in case Riley continues to lose games, and in fact life will be easier for them if he does. Losing more games will make the path clear.
Riley’s job is to find a way to win enough games to get another year, and then do that again, and again. (That minimum number used to be 10 games a year but seems to have dropped recently.)

Frost will be their guy. He's coached on both coasts. He's a solid recruiter who plays an exciting style of football. Its not like when we attempted to do that with the previous regime.

I can see why Petersen's name gets brought up for other jobs with the job he's done at UW. I can't see why people think he'd go to Nebraska as it's neither a bigger nor a better job than the one he has. Nevermind that he's never coached east of Boise except for one year at Pitt in 1992.

Petersen has a ridiculous amount of security at UW. He'll retire there.

Mike Riley was a strange choice, IMO, at Nebraska - just did not seem like a fit. Riley and Jim Mora are two name coaches that seem to be on borrowed time.

If I remember right, and I might not be, I think one of Peterson's children has a fairly rare disease and medical centers that treat it well aren't extremely plentiful.

Boise happened to have one, and UW has one of the best.

There was a reason he passed on a lot of P5 offers when he was at Boise, and there was a reason he landed at UW; it had little to do with how much other schools were willing to pay.

Neb should not attempt to recreate glory IMO. Hiring Trev and Frost could be a turn to the past. They need to go forward. Starts with good AD.
Trust us on this one. We're from Colorado. #WaterBottle

Actually considering our history I think they should go forward with trying to relive the past! LOL.

Back