What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Reading through Adam's article highlighting the CB position, and I'm definitely excited. Not a lot of experience, but easily the position with the most potential, outside of WR. Five legitimate guys vying to 2-3 starting spots, with a 6th guy (Mekhi-Blackmon) who looks to be a really good player, but needs a RS year to add some weight to his frame.

Iron sharpens iron with those guys and the WR group in practice, so I fully expect the CBs to be ready to face the receivers in the OOC schedule and just about any of them within the Pac 12.

Reading through Adam's article highlighting the CB position, and I'm definitely excited. Not a lot of experience, but easily the position with the most potential, outside of WR. Five legitimate guys vying to 2-3 starting spots, with a 6th guy (Mekhi-Blackmon) who looks to be a really good player, but needs a RS year to add some weight to his frame.

Iron sharpens iron with those guys and the WR group in practice, so I fully expect the CBs to be ready to face the receivers in the OOC schedule and just about any of them within the Pac 12.

Good report on Tony Brown and also more signs that JVD is shaking off the rust/ injury and is making plays out there. Also, Mekhi Blackmon & Hasaan Hypolite moving up the depth chart.

Good report on Tony Brown and also more signs that JVD is shaking off the rust/ injury and is making plays out there. Also, Mekhi Blackmon & Hasaan Hypolite moving up the depth chart.

I thought hypolite was pretty impressive physically, didn’t see as much of him in coverage or anything but he looks the part.

Spot on. I appreciated hearing about the team from MMac and Adams. Insightful comments. Elliot’s interview was disappointing. No insight just coachspeak, cliches, and out. Obviously his main job is game planing and play calling, but it wouldn’t hurt with donors and ticket sales to try and engage with the media after the one open scrimmage of the year.
Is it Elliott's job to think about Donors?

Push ups are one of the best workouts you can do. I wonder how he does it though since they just say 500 “a day.” I’m curious how many he does at once.
bodybuilder20funny.png

Is it Elliott's job to think about Donors?
Yes. It’s not his primary job, but it is part of the job. The entire staff should be doing what they can to get donors and fans excited about the team. Buffs need the support. Talking CU football with the press is part of that.
It’s not a big deal I was just hoping for more insight while waiting for the season to start.

Reports on Maddox at safety have been very good.

"When he makes a mistake, he can make up for a mistake because he's fast," Brown said. "He can cover ground, he can play man coverage and he has outstanding ball skills. When he goes the right direction and knows what he's doing, he looks like a blur out there because he can run. He's a multi-talented kid and he's coming a long way."

I would just like to point out that Travon’s last name is actually McMillian with that second I in there. Seen a lot of McMillan’s and wanted to clarify.

I would just like to point out that Travon’s last name is actually McMillian with that second I in there. Seen a lot of McMillan’s and wanted to clarify.
That may be auto-correcting for some

The more i think about it the more excited i get for the improvement on the D side of the ball.

Healthier/experienced Edwards: sounds like laat year was a wake up call for how much he needed to improve and he has taken some big steps.

More front 7 depth: big key for how the D as a whole perform and have some fun options.

New DL coach: sounds like Drake is a huge upgrade in intenaity, technique, developement

Second year DC

Depth at LB: excited for mNy of these younger guys and new additions to get more reps.

I am fairly certain will see improvemwnt on O for many reasons, if all this reasonable D improvement potential hits, then 2018 will be more like 2016 than '17.

The more i think about it the more excited i get for the improvement on the D side of the ball.

Healthier/experienced Edwards: sounds like laat year was a wake up call for how much he needed to improve and he has taken some big steps.

More front 7 depth: big key for how the D as a whole perform and have some fun options.

New DL coach: sounds like Drake is a huge upgrade in intenaity, technique, developement

Second year DC

Depth at LB: excited for mNy of these younger guys and new additions to get more reps.

I am fairly certain will see improvemwnt on O for many reasons, if all this reasonable D improvement potential hits, then 2018 will be more like 2016 than '17.
I'm generally extremely excited about the players on D, and the new DL coach. My only worry is the DC.

Talking up JVD as someone who is really flashing despite him not being quite back to 100% coming off the injuries.

Back