What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

The fact that they can't turn off that damn generator for 5 minutes while MM talks to the media after practice is annoying AF.
While I agree, that generator may be related to the construction going on in the parking lot. I am sure it is football related, but there is some stuff happening nearby outside their control.

The fact that they can't turn off that damn generator for 5 minutes while MM talks to the media after practice is annoying AF.
While I agree, that generator may be related to the construction going on in the parking lot. I am sure it is football related, but there is some stuff happening nearby outside their control.

It shows though that CU is miles behind where they need to be in terms of fan relations.

Average home game we see 10,000-15,000 empty seats, don't know the number but a bunch of the filled seats are sold at a discount. We are losing out on a lot of potential dollars. Then factor in the lost value in terms of in stadium advertising, in terms of media rights values, and a harder the quantify loss of donations.

We could and should do a much better job of generating and maintaining fan interest.

Events that other schools use to generate interest (and resulting revenue) like the spring game we act like are a burden. The open practice on Saturday again treated like a necessary obligation to get through.

Practices and media coverage in general the fans are treated like the enemy.

How hard would it be for that public practice to be held someplace with adequate and reasonably comfortable restroom facilities. How about some stands or a way for the public to more easily see what was going on, some handouts with rosters and promotional information.

Of to the side have some activities for kids (and adults) make CU football fun for the fans. While they are at it have somebody there to sell tickets.

If you have enough people coming let some campus organizations sell refreshments.

Point is to make CU football an event, something people connect to. Make kids welcome, let them have fun, create future fans.

A side benefit to this is that the more enthusiasm you generate around the program, not just the games, the more energy recruits feel.

How cool would it be to have a bunch of kids from Colorado and elsewhere come to a spring game and see 20,000 people there having a great time, tailgating, cheering on a scrimmage. When the fans start coming out then the media starts paying attention, and positive attention.

While I am at it closing up the practices like they are protecting some deep dark secret is ridiculous as well. Have at least one open practice a week, keep the conversation going about the team. If they have some secrets they want to keep do the first half of the practice indoors then come out for the second half.

Colorado is not one of those places where college football and other sports are the only game in town. It is time to leave the smug attitudes behind and start marketing the programs by reaching out to those who they want to pay the bills.

/rant

This has a lot of info on guys coming back from 2017 injuries that should be of interest to most of you guys.

It shows though that CU is miles behind where they need to be in terms of fan relations.

Average home game we see 10,000-15,000 empty seats, don't know the number but a bunch of the filled seats are sold at a discount. We are losing out on a lot of potential dollars. Then factor in the lost value in terms of in stadium advertising, in terms of media rights values, and a harder the quantify loss of donations.

We could and should do a much better job of generating and maintaining fan interest.

Events that other schools use to generate interest (and resulting revenue) like the spring game we act like are a burden. The open practice on Saturday again treated like a necessary obligation to get through.

How hard would it be for that public practice to be held someplace with adequate and reasonably comfortable restroom facilities. How about some stands or a way for the public to more easily see what was going on, some handouts with rosters and promotional information.

Of to the side have some activities for kids (and adults) make CU football fun for the fans. While they are at it have somebody there to sell tickets.

If you have enough people coming let some campus organizations sell refreshments.

Point is to make CU football an event, something people connect to. Make kids welcome, let them have fun, create future fans.

A side benefit to this is that the more enthusiasm you generate around the program, not just the games, the more energy recruits feel.

How cool would it be to have a bunch of kids from Colorado and elsewhere come to a spring game and see 20,000 people there having a great time, tailgating, cheering on a scrimmage. When the fans start coming out then the media starts paying attention, and positive attention.

While I am at it closing up the practices like they are protecting some deep dark secret is ridiculous as well. Have at least one open practice a week, keep the conversation going about the team. If they have some secrets they want to keep do the first half of the practice indoors then come out for the second half.

Colorado is not one of those places where college football and other sports are the only game in town. It is time to leave the smug attitudes behind and start marketing the programs by reaching out to those who they want to pay the bills.

/rant
I hope you forwarded this to the AD. I bet if somebody just told him....

/rant
MTN I know we have had our disagreements however, I am sure we could see eye to eye on a lot of things. We are both passionate Buff fans.

There is some common ground but for God’s sake try to limit your posts to less than 14 paragraphs.

Honestly, after the first couple I begin to read blah blah blah.

Trying to be nice here and provide some constructive criticism.

/rant
I agree, but there has to be some baseline interest from people and that comes from success on the field. I live in Georgia, and I know things are different down here, but it is amazing how crazy people are about the "dawgs". I am about an hour and a half from Athens, and on some big game days they have huge outdoor projection screens set up in a local park showing the game, along with inflatable slides and jump houses for kids, and venders selling food and drink. People actually pay to go there to tailgate and watch the game. If you tried something like that in Colorado you would probably have 10 people show up. There is only so much marketing can do, but I agree CU could be doing it a lot better.

MTN I know we have had our disagreements however, I am sure we could see eye to eye on a lot of things. We are both passionate Buff fans.

There is some common ground but for God’s sake try to limit your posts to less than 14 paragraphs.

Honestly, after the first couple I begin to read blah blah blah.

Trying to be nice here and provide some constructive criticism.

It's a rant, hard to do a short rant.

Nobody has to read it. There are posters who's stuff I choose to skip or skim instead of reading.

I agree, but there has to be some baseline interest from people and that comes from success on the field. I live in Georgia, and I know things are different down here, but it is amazing how crazy people are about the "dawgs". I am about an hour and a half from Athens, and on some big game days they have huge outdoor projection screens set up in a local park showing the game, along with inflatable slides and jump houses for kids, and venders selling food and drink. People actually pay to go there to tailgate and watch the game. If you tried something like that in Colorado you would probably have 10 people show up. There is only so much marketing can do, but I agree CU could be doing it a lot better.

It would be great if we could generate the interest and enthusiasm that exist in most of the SEC states or even in B1G country but that isn't going to happen here.

I just want to see them maximize what is here. The school would make a lot more money and the fans would have more fun.

Back