What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez at UNLV is further evidence that no matter how incredible a high school coach is, he’s not ready to be the head guy at a college level team. Gerry Faust was the first, and Sanchez was the latest to prove this point.

Footballscoop reported interest from Food Cart and Houston Nutt already. No word on UNLV's AD being interested in them.
Athletic mentioned Jones, RichRod among others. New facilities, new stadium, growing town. I think your original premise might be right.

Lots of high school coaches have made the jump to college successfully, including our own Gary Barnett, but they all started as assistants for at least a few years.
No doubt a high school coach can make the move to AC in college. Just not the head job.

I feel like UNLV needs a guy of a certain character..

and I have just the guy who is currently unemployed and ready for a move out west

725284.jpg

Local carousel news-UNC canned Earnest Collins
Yeah, I didn't understand the extension they gave him a few years ago
They are going to have a hard time finding a quality coach who wants the job.

The school is facing a $10 million budget shortfall and some of that is likely to come from athletics.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/spor...do-athletics-will-have-to-make-some-cutbacks/

Another article I saw pegs the total cuts to athletics at $459,000.

They struggled when the made the jump to FCS from DII. It was a number of years before they were even funding a full roster of 63 scholarships.

I have not been able to find what Collins termination is going to cost them but they don't have a lot of cash laying around and I don't think they have the donor resources to easily fix things.

They are going to have a hard time finding a quality coach who wants the job.

The school is facing a $10 million budget shortfall and some of that is likely to come from athletics.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/spor...do-athletics-will-have-to-make-some-cutbacks/

Another article I saw pegs the total cuts to athletics at $459,000.

They struggled when the made the jump to FCS from DII. It was a number of years before they were even funding a full roster of 63 scholarships.

I have not been able to find what Collins termination is going to cost them but they don't have a lot of cash laying around and I don't think they have the donor resources to easily fix things.
Interesting. Sounds like a call to the Monforts is in order.

Getting their men's basketball program to a high level in the Big Sky should be their top priority and would pay huge dividends down the road. Getting an every year body bag game in football should be their priority and will float that program. Sounds like this is more of a School issue than athletic department issue, which in this case goes hand in hand.

I think Collins was a nice enough guy, but he was the equivalent of an 1-25 hire like Mike Bohn liked to make. He would have never got the job if he didn't go to School there. I think they have to build that program around transfers and pick apart the JUCO Schools like crazy.

I am not sure why he would. Think he is in for a P5 head gig in the next 5 years or so.

He's going to be available because he's at USC (who is going to make a change). Does he look at a gig like that one now because he's from Dallas and went to college 5 hours away from Lubbock and they probably need to something unconventional offensively or take another coordinator gig somewhere? If Sonny Dykes leaves SMU Harrell's probably a name we'll hear there.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in seeing what Stitt could do in Vegas. He could be a Sonny Lubick type hire for them.

Overlooking Helton's average on field results, there's no way in hell USC should ever be recruiting the way they are. It doesn't even look like they're primed for a strong finish. I'd fire him just for that.

And you know next year will not improve much either (especially if it goes sideways against Bama in their opener). Two poor recruiting classes in a row only gets them further from national championship contention.

And you know next year will not improve much either (especially if it goes sideways against Bama in their opener). Two poor recruiting classes in a row only gets them further from national championship contention.
I ****ing LOVE IT. As long as USC is floundering, there is room for us to establish a top level presences in SoCal. Window of opportunity remaining open there is vital. Tucker NEEDS to beat Utah. **** the bowl game, it's for Clay!

I ****ing LOVE IT. As long as USC is floundering, there is room for us to establish a top level presences in SoCal. Window of opportunity remaining open there is vital. Tucker NEEDS to beat Utah. **** the bowl game, it's for Clay!

There is still Chip Kelly at UCLA floundering and Tom Herman suddenly vulnerable at Texas as well, with CU heading to Texas for a "showcase" like game in College Station. Recruiting in CA and TX could be really boosted by those situations in 2021.

As far as the Carousel at large, sounds like Odom at Mizzou and Moorhead at Miss State are in real trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back