What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

I'm really struggling to figure out why you posted this.

I'm fairly confident you knew about the Williams commit a long time ago.
I'm fairly confident you knew that most anyone reading threads in the basketball forum also knew about it.

At the football game the other night and sitting next to another MBB season ticket holder who was telling me she was looking forward to seeing Cody and seemed to be expecting a lot from him. I stated that TdS and KJ will lead the charge offensively for much of the season and the team won't be highly dependent on Cody offensively at least early on.

Concerning TdS, he has developed into a three level scorer with a wonderful repertoire of shots. Spot up 3s and off the dribble 3s. Jump hooks in the lane with either hand. And getting to the basket.

As for KJ, we now know he was both injured and ill towards the end of last season. If he's close to 100% he's going to have a fantastic season.

This team looks to have scoring depth.

At the football game the other night and sitting next to another MBB season ticket holder who was telling me she was looking forward to seeing Cody and seemed to be expecting a lot from him. I stated that TdS and KJ will lead the charge offensively for much of the season and the team won't be highly dependent on Cody offensively at least early on.

Concerning TdS, he has developed into a three level scorer with a wonderful repertoire of shots. Spot up 3s and off the dribble 3s. Jump hooks in the lane with either hand. And getting to the basket.

As for KJ, we now know he was both injured and ill towards the end of last season. If he's close to 100% he's going to have a fantastic season.

This team looks to have scoring depth.
Word is Hadley has really refined his game as well. It's also a good bet he won't have to play PF as much this year. Having to fill a post role really took him off his game last year. Having Lampkin, O'Brien, Diop and Hurlburt open things up for us so much.

Word is Hadley has really refined his game as well. It's also a good bet he won't have to play PF as much this year. Having to fill a post role really took him off his game last year. Having Lampkin, O'Brien, Diop and Hurlburt open things up for us so much.
From KenPom, these were the ORtg of our players last season:

Ruffin: 110.3 (injuries suck)
Tristan: 110.1
Hadley: 108.7
LOB: 107.7
KJ: 101.1 (took a big dip at the end playing through injuries & illness)

Everyone else below 100 (that's bad). Even with Hadley playing out of position and having a terrible shooting year, he was still very effective.

Lampkin was a 104.5 (Lawson was 91.1) while his rebounding is also a major upgrade. OR% at 14.4 & DR% at 16.4 - would have been first (Hadley 10.5 OR%) and third (LOB 19.8 DR%, Ruffin 17.4) on the Buffs, respectively.

I see a team with firepower that will create rim pressure and clean the glass. All the pieces are there if it's not just TDS who can be relied on from 3pt range. He was at 39.4% last year with Ruffin 2nd at 35.8%. Hammond was the best of the other returning guys, with a serviceable 33.3%.

Tad's gonna ride them to get that D number up.
He was pissed after the Milwaukee game that we were giving open 3pt looks despite switching on screens, which should never happen. Also pointed out that most issues are after they get to the youth outside his top 7 (starters plus LOB & Hammond), so he's recognizing there's a developmental process and they'll get better as they gain experience.

Back