What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Does everyone remember the "club" room they had in the keg for season ticket holders. It was a small room in the basement where they had free popcorn and I think beers for sale. This was before the practice facility was built. Was so sad now that I think about it.

Does everyone remember the "club" room they had in the keg for season ticket holders. It was a small room in the basement where they had free popcorn and I think beers for sale. This was before the practice facility was built. Was so sad now that I think about it.
And what passed for the court sports weight room was hidden behind some temporary room dividers. 😂

funny vibes for diehard CU bball fans this season – we have one of our best rosters ever, are playing Zona tomorrow, and the board is full of empty gym nostalgia posts while there isn't even a thread for the game yet

maybe we're all just a little apprehensive to get our hopes up?
They're in a funk and we're shorthanded. The result matters for conference standings, but the game isn't what it should/could have been. I'll be emotional if we win, but won't take this one hard if we lose.

Oh yeah, when I was in the band, we'd steal popcorn outta there all the time.

They gave us soda for free though, which was nice.

That's my expectation. Sometimes stuff leaks early, but it's rare.

FWIW, w/out any sources, I am not expecting either TDS or Cody available tomorrow night.

without any sources, I bet Cody plays – it's a non-shooting hand wrist injury and he's from AZ (**** agents)

FSU hangs on to beat VT and go to 8-6 (2-1). They seemingly had the game wrapped up with about 2 minutes to go but VT managed to tie it up with 5 seconds left before FSU won it with free throws.

That stupid volleyball school to the northeast of us beat #1 Purdue last night, and Iowa State gave Houston their first loss. Hilton Magic.

Probably didn't use their timeouts correctly.
Definitely must have been missing at least their 3 best players to justify a loss like that…

Oh wait, nope full rotation including the reigning national player of the year.

#firepainter #firesampson #fireallcoaches

ESPN:

Cody Williams | 6-8 | SG/SF | Age: 19.1 | Colorado | Mock draft: No. 3​

As Williams nears a return from a wrist injury, a huge opportunity lies ahead for him to solidify himself as a top-five pick, and potentially a candidate at No. 1. Teams are eager to see him return based on what he showed in his first seven games, flashing playmaking and scoring ability combined with his size and length. There are still several areas scouts want to learn more about: Williams hasn't been getting up many 3s, his shot-creation has been inconsistent and he can be somewhat predictable playing off the bounce. Showcasing that creation upside, adding value without the ball alongside KJ Simpson and being consistently aggressive in attacking defenses will go a long way in solidifying Williams' place near the top of the draft. There simply aren't many players with his potential mix of skills in this class. -- Jeremy Woo

ESPN's freshly minted Bracketology: That First Four Out is surprising (Gonzaga, Buffs, Cincinnati and Providence)
1705450679669.png

Pitt just won at Duke, 11 days after losing to Duke at home by 22.

Pitt has a big black dude named Federiko Federiko that I wouldn’t have guessed where he’s from if you gave me 100 guesses. He’s from Finland.

Back