What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Bowl Games Thread

I didn't watch this bull**** meteor game, but was the crowd this sparse for the entire game?

Whew! Thank God Iowa's defense held there. I had under 37 on that game as part of a 4 leg parlay. Got the under on the ducks game. Now just need Michigan and Washington wins.

All of this is becoming dangerous to the sport. Without a thoughtful process, the transfer timing and fluidity has made the bowl games meaningless. If the bowl games are meaningless, what the hell is the point of the season?

They can make the end of year tourny 12 or 16 or 24… whatever…. If they can’t keep the teams together through the bowl season, the purpose of the season begins to make no sense.

Bowl games are meaningful to the lower-tier programs and the host cities. For the upper tier of athletes playing in them makes little sense due to injury concerns and the transfer portal. An expanded playoff will solve the meaningless problem for the top teams however beyond that the problem may get even worse. The sport needs a central organizing body and the players a union however both are unlikely due to not wanting to disrupt the applecart.

Bowl games are meaningful to the lower-tier programs and the host cities. For the upper tier of athletes playing in them makes little sense due to injury concerns and the transfer portal. An expanded playoff will solve the meaningless problem for the top teams however beyond that the problem may get even worse. The sport needs a central organizing body and the players a union however both are unlikely due to not wanting to disrupt the applecart.

The networks and conferences will fight both of those ideas tooth and nail. They're doing great the way it is.

What might produce change is the coaches rebelling, but they won't want anything to do with a player's union.

Yep. Should be 4 highest ranked conference champs with 8 at large bids. A G5 that has an undefeated season with a strong schedule and ends ranked top 10 should and will get in, but top G5 ranked #25 is a joke playing a top 10 P5 team

Exactly, if they have played and beat a couple good P4 teams then they would still be in the playoff, see 2021 Cincinnati. They got in because they beat ND who was a top 10 team that year. But the problem is they want to throw the G5/G6 a bone to prevent a lawsuit.

Yep. Should be 4 highest ranked conference champs with 8 at large bids. A G5 that has an undefeated season with a strong schedule and ends ranked top 10 should and will get in, but top G5 ranked #25 is a joke playing a top 10 P5 team

So what you're saying is, if CSU goes undefeated next year despite playing at Texas, at home against us, and I guess at Oregon State, they'll be ranked high enough to deserve a playoff spot?

The networks and conferences will fight both of those ideas tooth and nail. They're doing great the way it is.

What might produce change is the coaches rebelling, but they won't want anything to do with a player's union.
OR… if ratings on Bowl games crater because the games just suck every year due to top players leaving teams or not playing…. Re I haven’t watched a single bowl game yet… I’m a target market…. (At least I think I am!) lol

Whew! Thank God Iowa's defense held there. I had under 37 on that game as part of a 4 leg parlay. Got the under on the ducks game. Now just need Michigan and Washington wins.
I didn't bet heavy on these bowls but I took Ole Miss (win) and Washington.

I've got zero feel for this Mich/Alabama game.

And McCarthy picks right up where he left off against TCU last year.

Oh, so lucky.

But isn't that illegal touching, then?

Ugh.

I really hope this isn't Michigan playoff beat down 3.0.

Was looking forward to a good game, but Michigan is looking just like they did the last two trips to the CFP.

Back