What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this guy on this board this fall (tryin to keep the subject somewhat close...)

I used to roam the sidelines with this guy.... never knew his name though...can man.jpeg

I'd estimate you multiply that by a lot. Having been involved with athletes at low level FCS schools, where half the team or more was on something, I'm telling you it's a very high number.
This is why I qualified my statement with FBS FB athletes. I was in, or around this for quite a long time, and my assessment is as follows WRT FBS FB: The players that play in a top 50+ program are typically pure physical freaks, and most don't need PED's to be dominant. Most S&C coaches at this level know what it looks like when they see it, and stamp it out immediately (for fear of it ruining their career if use becomes rampant and pinned on them). I would say of the teams that I have been around, maybe 1 or 2 guys out of a 100+ roster try it at some point, and it is very short lived more often then not. Occasionally, you see teams make a big jump in success, and later find out that this turn around was achieved by ~40% of the roster using. But these instances are few and far (Northwestern in the Mid 90's and KSU under Snyder come to mind).

FCS is a total different ball game. Different attitude, different athletic ability, different stakes if you're busted. Even in FCS, I'd say it is closer to 25%....but that's just a guess.

Yea he's quick on those answers to. Unplanned. Already had the answers in his head. At the least he answered with confidence. Love that.

Also...He likes the way we matchup across the board on offense.

Woah.
I hate to have to give you the red marker treatment, but... 🤷🏽‍♂️

2ZjzDcI.png

Scoreboard changed. See attached between 2:57 and 2:58. you get a quick look at the scoreboard. I have an actual film photo of it somewhere in the house.

my memory sucks then... i probably looked up while sitting on the bench about1 minute after it happened.... and i did see that it still said 27-21 at the 2 minute mark.

This is why I qualified my statement with FBS FB athletes. I was in, or around this for quite a long time, and my assessment is as follows WRT FBS FB: The players that play in a top 50+ program are typically pure physical freaks, and most don't need PED's to be dominant. Most S&C coaches at this level know what it looks like when they see it, and stamp it out immediately (for fear of it ruining their career if use becomes rampant and pinned on them). I would say of the teams that I have been around, maybe 1 or 2 guys out of a 100+ roster try it at some point, and it is very short lived more often then not. Occasionally, you see teams make a big jump in success, and later find out that this turn around was achieved by ~40% of the roster using. But these instances are few and far (Northwestern in the Mid 90's and KSU under Snyder come to mind).

FCS is a total different ball game. Different attitude, different athletic ability, different stakes if you're busted. Even in FCS, I'd say it is closer to 25%....but that's just a guess.
That's fair, I suppose. I'd also say it's not like it used to be where you had Nebraska basically running an East German style doping program for decades.

Sometimes the users are obvious like Vernon Gholston.tyfyxj.jpg

That's fair, I suppose. I'd also say it's not like it used to be where you had Nebraska basically running an East German style doping program for decades.
So you telling me that those Bama teams for the last 12 years were clean? Other teams 5-star players did not look like those guys.

So you telling me that those Bama teams for the last 12 years were clean? Other teams 5-star players did not look like those guys.
Oh they definitely weren't completely clean, but if you want to spot teams where there might be a lot of juicing, look to teams that don't recruit at a high level but somehow win well beyond their perceived talent level and routinely churn out physical specimens who were 3* type athletes.

Oh they definitely weren't completely clean, but if you want to spot teams where there might be a lot of juicing, look to teams that don't recruit at a high level but somehow win well beyond their perceived talent level and routinely churn out physical specimens who were 3* type athletes.
They ever come up with a test for HGH?

The reliable test for me is what happens when those guys go to the NFL. It is MUCH MUCH harder to use in the league, so the heavy juicers turn into big draft busts, absent injury, almost every time. Vernon Gholston fits here....as do a number of suspected users over time. You don't see this happen as much with Bama. You see them break down physically, but you don't often see them just become garbage for no apparent reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back