What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very hard to predict this season for CU, so I wouldn’t fault anyone for any guess between 2 and 8 wins.

I believe Stewart Mandel’s pessimism for the season is that he is skeptical of Shedeur Sanders at QB. Most of the predictions for CU, either positive or negative, usually boil down to how one feels about Shedeur. He won three Texas state titles at Trinity Christian and was amazing at Jackson State, but none of the wins and stats were produced at the highest leagues in either high school or college.

I think the OL will be decent, and Shedeur will be good. But, I also understand the “prove it” attitude as well.

Last edited:
Stewart Mandel is one of the worst CFB talking heads. So many of his takes in the recent years were not just bad. They were downright stupid.
Mandel is one of those writers who considers himself a "traditionalist" in that he thinks things should stay the same for his sake.

He doesn't like Colorado because CU was one of the earliest to move in the conference re-alignment (leaving his B12 for the PAC) and now I can see him blaming CU for leaving the PAC again.

Based on what I have seen and heard from him before I can see him not liking Prime using the current rules to rebuild the Buffs rapidly.

A lot of sportswriters have an attitude that they "own" the sports or are the guardians of the sport and things should go as they want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back