What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

How come denver doesn't sponsor a bowl game? Would be good for tourism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come denver doesn't sponsor a bowl game? Would be good for tourism

I'm right there with you. Boise has the Humanitarian Bowl. New York has the Pinstripe bowl. The Broncos play outside. Give people an other excuse to come to Colorado this time of year.

The Vail China Bowl has a nice corporate ring to it.

Dude, snowy weather is awesome for a game as long as it's not windy. Boise holds a bowl game and that place is colder than Denver, on average.

With ski season in full force I think a high pick could pull 30-40k.

because there's only about 200 people in the entire state of Colorado that give a fucjk about college football.

You weren't here when we were in the big 12. A lot of visiting fans used to attend. The fuskers would buy like 10k in tickets and teams like KSU would sell out their allotment.

It's just that no one in the pac12 gives a **** and it's too far to travel by car.

In other news Clemson is gonna name their score against OU. The end for stoops?

When they built Invesco, they supposedly engineered it so that a roof could be built over it at some future date. I'd like to see that happen, frankly. A Denver bowl game would be great. If the weather is good, keep the roof open. If it's bad, just close it up.

When they built Invesco, they supposedly engineered it so that a roof could be built over it at some future date. I'd like to see that happen, frankly. A Denver bowl game would be great. If the weather is good, keep the roof open. If it's bad, just close it up.

Boo.

It's football. Play it outside. Minnesota and the Vikings are playing outside. Same with the packers. Football is meant to be played in the heat and the cold.

I would have attended a game today even though it's cold and snowing.

Ou had a td from a pick 6 but was called back due to offsides. Then Clemson marches down the field and scores.

OU can't tackle for ****.

Boo.

It's football. Play it outside. Minnesota and the Vikings are playing outside. Same with the packers. Football is meant to be played in the heat and the cold.

Understand this: I don't care what the Broncos do. However, if we were going to try to host a bowl game, I think having a dome would be a good idea. No way do I go to a bowl game in weather like we're experiencing today. So while I would never suggest building a dome for Folsom, having one for that soul-less mausoleum known as Sports Authority Field at Mile High would be totally acceptable.

Ou had a td from a pick 6 but was called back due to offsides. Then Clemson marches down the field and scores.

OU can't tackle for ****.

OU is playing like a team from a clown college. Reminds me of the 1962 Mets. :lol:

Today would suck to sit outside for three hours.

ehhh, that's why you're supposed to stand, yell, pump your fist in the air, etc...

I love me some bad weather football. As long as you're wearing the right gear and don't have little kids with you, cold, wet games can be a blast!

some old-Colorado-mountain-sage dude told me last year, "there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear" (yeah, he was a Sierra Trading Post salesman).

ehhh, that's why you're supposed to stand, yell, pump your fist in the air, etc...

I love me some bad weather football. As long as you're wearing the right gear and don't have little kids with you, cold, wet games can be a blast!

some old-Colorado-mountain-sage dude told me last year, "there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear" (yeah, he was a Sierra Trading Post salesman).
While this is true, too many folks do not have good gear.

Denver should not have a bowl game without a dome (and Minny will still be in a dome in their new stadium - it just has a clear roof). It is correct to say sitting in a stadium freezing your bum off for 3 hours is not good marketing. A bit different than skiing.

Boo.

That's great and all, but venues need to be winning the battle versus fans staying home and watching on TV. Sitting in sub-40 degree weather doesn't sound as nice as sitting at home in a heated house, your own bathroom, own food, etc. Saying "it's football" does not do much to help win that battle.

For the purpose of a bowl game, yeah, would need a dome. But I like Invesco being outdoor just for the occasional snow game, because those are the best.

There were a lot of people at the pinstripe. 9 degrees is an outlier as much as the beautiful 60 degree weather we had in November. If the city made a bid for good teams then people would show up. If we chose last like the NM bowl not so much.

I'd vie for a big10 or big12 vs pac school.

There were a lot of people at the pinstripe. 9 degrees is an outlier as much as the beautiful 60 degree weather we had in November. If the city made a bid for good teams then people would show up. If we chose last like the NM bowl not so much.

I'd vie for a big10 or big12 vs pac school.

And I completely forgot frickin Boise has a bowl. If they can pull it off, I would hope Denver can. Sell some ski packages to go with tickets, it would probably work fine.

I am in sports fan purgatory. What in the world did I do to deserve this...

CU basketball... underperforming
CU football... goes without saying
Broncos... just good enough to get close, but they are almost sure to lose at NE or in AZ
Avs... stink
Nuggets... stink

now OU football... getting blasted by Klem or his son, not sure which one

And I completely forgot frickin Boise has a bowl. If they can pull it off, I would hope Denver can. Sell some ski packages to go with tickets, it would probably work fine.

When I lived in nm there were a couple of times where we went and it was cold and windy. The wind is brutal. Haven't experienced bad wind in Denver like in NM. In Boulder it's gotten up there and Longmont seems to have awful wind. That said I think they said turnout was 20k or so this year.

Albuquerque is not Denver and skiing is a lot farther, especially for the good (or even decent) stuff. But on a good year you can hit some of the awesome golf courses there in December.

giphy.gif

Back