What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

DfbI_cXUYAArXet

License plates are technically public record. Probably not cool posting someone else's license plate if they are ignorant about it.
You are completely correct except it is granted here due to two conditions:
1) the NU support sticker
2) it is a Subaru

PS - Flounder. Please take note of the grammatical context in posts over the next few weeks for when to apply "except" and "accept". This is particularly true when trying to roast a C-Husker.

You are completely correct except it is granted here due to two conditions:
1) the NU support sticker
2) it is a Subaru

PS - Flounder. Please take note of the grammatical context in posts over the next few weeks for when to apply "except" and "accept". This is particularly true when trying to roast a C-Husker.
I found a book in my deceased (1981) grandfathers belongings that had all of the plates issued in Crowley County and who owned the vehicles. No real worries about privacy back then I guess.

The article is correct on a few fronts:
1) Our run defense was absolutely pathetic last year and the Buffs were far from good
2) The Buffs have personnel questions on the OL
3) The performance of the OL and DL will drive whether CU is bad, average, or reasonably good in 2018

Otherwise, pretty shallow.
1) WR may be addition by subtraction as we have some serious playmakers that will now get their time to shine
2) We are (mostly) to the point where you can expect our defensive backfield to reload, not rebuild (although we may have a slight step back there in 2018)
3) The Buffs absolute do not have "just as many, if not more questions, than the Huskers probably do" The Huskers will be breaking in new schemes on both sides of the ball. In many cases with personnel that don't fit the new systems, let alone learning the new systems before a fairly big game 2 for both teams

Does this mean I am predicting a Buffs win on Sept 8th? No, because I don't know the status of both lines right now (see point #3 where I agree with the article). But, if CU could do this last year at times against USC's starters

Then I am far from worried about our returning offensive skill players filling in for those that left. I hope the Husker team is as confident on how mediocre CU is coming in as that article's writer.

Last edited:
1) Our run defense was absolutely pathetic last year and the Buffs were far from good
3) The performance of the OL and DL will drive whether CU is bad, average, or reasonably good in 2018

1) WR may be addition by subtraction as we have some serious playmakers that will now get their time to shine
2) We are (mostly) to the point where you can expect our defensive backfield to reload, not rebuild (although we may have a slight step back there in 2018)
3) The Buffs absolute do not have "just as many, if not more questions, than the Huskers probably do" The Huskers will be breaking in new schemes on both sides of the ball. In many cases with personnel that don't fit the new systems, let alone learning the new systems before a fairly big game 2 for both teams

Does this mean I am predicting a Buffs win on Sept 8th? No, because I don't know the status of both lines right now (see point #3 where I agree with the article). But, if CU could do this last year at times against USC's starters

Then I am far from worried about our returning offensive skill players filling in for those that left. I hope the Husker team is as confident on how mediocre CU is coming in as that article's writer.

In reference to your mentioning the reloading of the Defensive Backfield, I think we reload and actually are just slightly better this year. I’m sure this is an uncommon take, but hear me out. Yes, we lost Oliver, but I think with the experience that both Udoffia and Wigley gained last year alongside Delrick Abrams living up to expectation/hype, across the board the talent will be overall better. Not to mention, I thought Laguda was more of a liability in the pass game, therefore I think Fisher and Evans will be more productive and effective. With Davion Taylor in buff back as well, I just see the overall talent level going up even with the loss of Oliver and Laguda (who, as I mentioned, I thought was more of a liability in passing situations).

In reference to your mentioning the reloading of the Defensive Backfield, I think we reload and actually are just slightly better this year. I’m sure this is an uncommon take, but hear me out. Yes, we lost Oliver, but I think with the experience that both Udoffia and Wigley gained last year alongside Delrick Abrams living up to expectation/hype, across the board the talent will be overall better. Not to mention, I thought Laguda was more of a liability in the pass game, therefore I think Fisher and Evans will be more productive and effective. With Davion Taylor in buff back as well, I just see the overall talent level going up even with the loss of Oliver and Laguda (who, as I mentioned, I thought was more of a liability in passing situations).
I would be DELIGHTED for you to be right. I was just trying to not be a homer when replying to our resident Nub troll.

Agree with this-Laguda's physicality also got him in trouble during his time here-I can think of a few games off the top of my head where he got ejected for targeting.

I'm expecting NU to struggle defensively-They return I think 7-8 people on their two deep according to Athlon.......but a couple more things-they're trying to be more aggressive defensively..........and that's a problem when you don't have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Minnesota and Iowa both dropped 50 on them. Hell, Arkansas State went to Lincoln last year and put up 36. They're going to need a makeover defensively, and that's gonna take a couple years. We've got the talent at the WR positions to take advantage, and I think we're okay at the RB spot with McMillan as the focus back......question is obviously the OL.

I'm expecting NU to struggle defensively-They return I think 7-8 people on their two deep according to Athlon.......but a couple more things-they're trying to be more aggressive defensively..........and that's a problem when you don't have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Minnesota and Iowa both dropped 50 on them. Hell, Arkansas State went to Lincoln last year and put up 36. They're going to need a makeover defensively, and that's gonna take a couple years. We've got the talent at the WR positions to take advantage, and I think we're okay at the RB spot with McMillan as the focus back......question is obviously the OL.
Their defense gave up more yards per play than CU's defense did!! I know those of you that watched the Arizona game will find that hard to believe, but it is true. The nubs have no one who can rush the passer, no one who can consistently be stout along the line of scrimmage and two corner backs that were human torches last year..... We are all fretting about whether CU's d-line will be better, but trust me, the Nubs have many more questions than CU when it comes to defense.

Does Nebraska think by adding teams they used to beat in the Big 8 they can add some easy wins? Will be real embarrassing when they lose to Kansas!

So some good friends of mine who are fine upstanding people but unfortunately husker fans are naming their son “Lincoln”. I asked today if it is because of the city and they said yes. I’m gonna have a hard time being nice to that kid

So some good friends of mine who are fine upstanding people but unfortunately husker fans are naming their son “Lincoln”. I asked today if it is because of the city and they said yes. I’m gonna have a hard time being nice to that kid
Pretend it's about an American hero, emancipation, and all that.

Guess that article didn't mention that CU could have won at least three more games last season. USC blocked two FGs and had a pick six against the Buffs in a 14 point win. CU was leading ASU in the 4Q and Tate happened for UA in Boulder in a three point loss. Washington was up by just seven points before a pick six changed the momentum of the game.

I love the overconfidence of the Husker fans.

Speaking of cultish Fusker offspring names, I know a couple who named their daughter Devaney.

Can we change Surveyor’s subtitle to Dented old Pontiac Grand Am? It would be a significant upgrade over his current meth mobile but we Buffs fans are generous.

Agree with this-Laguda's physicality also got him in trouble during his time here-I can think of a few games off the top of my head where he got ejected for targeting.
Agreed. I also somehow forgot Chris Miller in my post who also has a high ceiling

Agreed. I also somehow forgot Chris Miller in my post who also has a high ceiling
Likely going to be our CB1 over 2 guys who started last year and one of the top JUCO transfers in the 2018 class. CB2 is going to be a hell of a battle this year and we've finally got depth at the position. To put that depth in perspective, we don't even talk about Ronnie Blackmon and he's one heck of a backup who might be our #1 nickel back.

I woke up this morning thinking that after we steamroll CSU, I really hope Mac brings in McCartney to speak to the team immediately prior to the first practice for Nebraska....Have to get that week started with the proper amount of hatred and enthusiasm.

I wanna see MM acknowledge the history of that game in his Tuesday press availability. For that matter, I'd ask Coach Mac if he'll give the pregame speech too-the more these kids are around that man.....listening to him talk for five minutes makes me want to run through a wall. Never heard a better motivator......and **** the Nubs.

I wanna see MM acknowledge the history of that game in his Tuesday press availability. For that matter, I'd ask Coach Mac if he'll give the pregame speech too-the more these kids are around that man.....listening to him talk for five minutes makes me want to run through a wall. Never heard a better motivator......and **** the Nubs.
I had thought many of the same things, but I don't know what McCartney's current health limitations are and for how long he could play that roll without his alzheimers impacting him. So I thought, better not to ask too much from him.

Back