What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I was going to go to the game but I can't cause I am gone 5 days for labor day. I cant come back for a day and leave again. Thats why I am so mad.

Anybody know or hear of a train leaving union station at some god awful hour Friday before Husker game and leaving Lincoln around midnight after game? any truth to the bring a tooth brush only train?

Anybody know or hear of a train leaving union station at some god awful hour Friday before Husker game and leaving Lincoln around midnight after game? any truth to the bring a tooth brush only train?
Amtrak has the california zephyr. It leaves at 7:10 friday night and gets to lincoln at 3:20 am on saturday.

A buffs win on the road (especially there-seeing CU win in that venue is on my bucket list) is always a good reason to take the day before off-that's what I'm doing
I agree. Went there the year after the 62-36 beat down. Great time everyone was super nice to us not one complaint

I agree. Went there the year after the 62-36 beat down. Great time everyone was super nice to us not one complaint

I'm interested to see what kind of reception we get-I've never made the trip. Got treated real well almost everywhere I've been.....K-State fans were very nice, and OU (the fact that schooner crashed the day I was there had something to do with that) fans were super cool as well.

I'm interested to see what kind of reception we get-I've never made the trip. Got treated real well almost everywhere I've been.....K-State fans were very nice, and OU (the fact that schooner crashed the day I was there had something to do with that) fans were super cool as well.
Since we dont play them every year, students (even though they werent alive for the series back then) may have some choice comments, but I bet overall great time. They know they have to come to Boulder so......

I used to go every year we played in Lincoln and my family was not treated well. Even when I was like 11/12 I had empty beer cans thrown at me but as Buffs1990 said, since we don't play them every year maybe it's different. So it could be different who knows.

I think the old timers are going to be fired up a little bit, but their new rivals are Iowa and Wisconsin, and as of now, they are kicking the piss out of them, and Nebraska is not the big dog on the block like there were many years in the old Big 12. I think it was a mistake for Nebraska to leave the Big 12, unlike I think it was great for us to get out. I am expecting a semi-fierce competitive environment, but I think that there will not be that much animosity, rather more nostalgia. Either way, I want to pound the Huskers, especially with the way to high expectations on coach Frosty.

Don't worry. I'm confident Husker fans will treat Buff fans like **** and clap for the CU football team as they leave the field.

One thing for sure. Husker fans have never and still do not see CU as a rival. It appears their rival in the B1G is going to be Iowa or Wisconsin. Many say Iowa is like CU because Iowa so wants to make Nebraska a big rival. I think the game with Iowa is going to turn into the real deal in a few more years. Let the Husker / Hawkeye hatred flow.

One thing for sure. Husker fans have never and still do not see CU as a rival. It appears their rival in the B1G is going to be Iowa or Wisconsin. Many say Iowa is like CU because Iowa so wants to make Nebraska a big rival. I think the game with Iowa is going to turn into the real deal in a few more years. Let the Husker / Hawkeye hatred flow.
Dude. Since joining the Big 10, Nebraska is 1-6 vs Wisconsin where they have an average margin of defeat of 41-22. They aren’t your rival any more than you think CU is/was. A little closer with Iowa, even though they still have a winning record vs Nebraska since 2011 and are riding a 3 game win streak. Nebraska ****ing sucks.

I think the old timers are going to be fired up a little bit, but their new rivals are Iowa and Wisconsin, and as of now, they are kicking the piss out of them, and Nebraska is not the big dog on the block like there were many years in the old Big 12. I think it was a mistake for Nebraska to leave the Big 12, unlike I think it was great for us to get out. I am expecting a semi-fierce competitive environment, but I think that there will not be that much animosity, rather more nostalgia. Either way, I want to pound the Huskers, especially with the way to high expectations on coach Frosty.

CU WINS......Saban won 6 games his first year at Bama....and that included bowl game.....Attrition, New schemes and getting right players and a QB aint happening in the next month

Dude. Since joining the Big 10, Nebraska is 1-6 vs Wisconsin where they have an average margin of defeat of 41-22. They aren’t your rival any more than you think CU is/was. A little closer with Iowa, even though they still have a winning record vs Nebraska since 2011 and are riding a 3 game win streak. Nebraska ****ing sucks.
Agree on Wisky. But the game with the Badgers could be headed to be a big rivalry game for both teams in a few years.

Can't argue the reasoning against a CU win for now. I'll wait until after Nebraska's first game so I can see how the team responds to new coaches and schemes.
Remember CU did go 5-7 last season which is not much better than Nebraska's.

Then why are tickets for the CU game three times the price of the rest of your home slate Husker tool?

Can't argue the reasoning against a CU win for now. I'll wait until after Nebraska's first game so I can see how the team responds to new coaches and schemes.
Remember CU did go 5-7 last season which is not much better than Nebraska's.
Wisconsin and Iowa view each other as far bigger rivals than Wisconsin and Nebraska, and always will. Nebraska becoming anyone’s rival in the BIG requires them actually competing for the conference here and there. (Same w CU in the Pac, btw, just so you know I’m not the pot calling the kettle black)

Agree on Wisky. But the game with the Badgers could be headed to be a big rivalry game for both teams in a few years.

Dude the odds of me saying CSU is a rival are higher than the odds of Wisconsin fans acknowledging you guys as a rival-Got the Syrians for Nebraska sign up yet?

Last edited:
There will be crap talking but it will be all in fun unless the other person is wasted. I have run into many husker fans over the years and it is basically mutual that we both miss the match up and the trash talk. It is like a domestic violence situation but neither of us want to leave ROFL.

Back