What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I am going to section 218 row 81 and politely asking who these people are.

AD should pull their tixs. This is exactly what they said to me on the phone when I got extras... THAT THIS CAN'T HAPPEN.
I get it. You don't want all the red in the stadium. I am not going to be too upset if someone sold their tix to some cornhead for nearly $500 a ticket.

I am going to section 218 row 81 and politely asking who these people are.

AD should pull their tixs. This is exactly what they said to me on the phone when I got extras... THAT THIS CAN'T HAPPEN.
I just went there and there wasn't anyone sitting in row 81 now. Maybe they coiuldnt sell them. :cool:

We'll be sitting in the CU section, in CU's stadium, but we only want to sit next to husker fans. WTF, you ****ing ****-face, ****-asses? And those ****ers are only 11 rows behind me.

Yea I'm kind expecting alot of fuaker fans to be near me too. My seats are up fairly high and looking at the stadium pics from a few years ago the bulk of the red was up in those areas.

Yea I'm kind expecting alot of fuaker fans to be near me too. My seats are up fairly high and looking at the stadium pics from a few years ago the bulk of the red was up in those areas.
I am learning to accept that there will be a lot of red in the stadium. I'm just annoyed by huskers sitting in the CU section asking to sit next to other huskers.

I get it. You don't want all the red in the stadium. I am not going to be too upset if someone sold their tix to some cornhead for nearly $500 a ticket.
Dude. I have one extra and I’m GIVING it to a friend to make sure it ends up in the right hands. Hell ****ing yes I’d be pissed at anybody who sells theirs for whatever the price. Have some pride. Don’t be an asshole. This isn’t hard.

Dude. I have one extra and I’m GIVING it to a friend to make sure it ends up in the right hands. Hell ****ing yes I’d be pissed at anybody who sells theirs for whatever the price. Have some pride. Don’t be an asshole. This isn’t hard.
I wouldn't do it. But I would understand if someone did is my point. The game cost me $55 because I bought season tickets. I am fine eating that to make sure a CU fan fills the seat. If I paid $400 for the single game ticket and can't use it, I'm not going to too picky about who fills it. Especially when I am trying to get top dollar on a 3rd party site.

I wouldn't do it. But I would understand if someone did is my point. The game cost me $55 because I bought season tickets. I am fine eating that to make sure a CU fan fills the seat. If I paid $400 for the single game ticket and can't use it, I'm not going to too picky about who fills it. Especially when I am trying to get top dollar on a 3rd party site.
I am being serious here... how do you know that your ticket was $55.00? I called the ticket office and they said that there was 1 price for the season but they were selling the kNu game for $400 face.

I don't see individual prices for tickets, however, I bought 6 more for kNu and the invoice SAID $400.00 per ticket.

(I'd prefer that the ticket price remain confidential because I had an argument with my family that I wasn't paying that much for a Taylor Swift ticket for my wife and daughter. This is my 35th Birthday for the 15th time on September 11th... so I get to take my family...and extended family.... to this game without feeling guilty that I put a limit on the price of a Taylor Swift ticket).

I am being serious here... how do you know that your ticket was $55.00? I called the ticket office and they said that there was 1 price for the season but they were selling the kNu game for $400 face.

I don't see individual prices for tickets, however, I bought 6 more for kNu and the invoice SAID $400.00 per ticket.
Because I know what I paid for season tickets and that purchase gets me 6 home games.

This is one of those situations where the math doesn't equal the math. Its like creative accounting.
No it's not creative.

Your season tickets are a set price for 6 home games. Any extra seats you purchased are at the market rate for single game purchases.

I said what I paid for my seat, not what my seat is worth.

No it's not creative.

Your season tickets are a set price for 6 home games. Any extra seats you purchased are at the market rate for single game purchases.

I said what I paid for my seat, not what my seat is worth.
Ok! I will buy all of your kNu tickets for $55.00!

You missed my point entirely...

If one of your extras could no longer come, would you give that ticket away for free or would you try and make some money back? What if a husker was the only person you could find willing to pay you $400 for that ticket? Are you going to let your pride win and eat that $400? Or would you take their money and use it to buy victory shots at the dark horse when we bury their asses?

For me, I would give away one of my tickets if I couldn't go if it guarantees a CU fan because I can stomach losing $55. If I paid what you did for extra tickets that is a different story.

If one of your extras could no longer come, would you give that ticket away for free or would you try and make some money back? What if a husker was the only person you could find willing to pay you $400 for that ticket? Are you going to let your pride win and eat that $400? Or would you take their money and use it to buy victory shots at the dark horse when we bury their asses?

For me, I would give away one of my tickets if I couldn't go if it guarantees a CU fan because I can stomach losing $55. If I paid what you did for extra tickets that is a different story.
I am not the right person to ask because a CU ticket is not a financial product in my mind. I know that I am emotionally invested in the Buffs and my behavior would reflect that. I would not sell to a kNu fan under any circumstances.

What upset me about the $400 ticket price is that I committed to buying them without knowing that the price would NOT be what I was charged per ticket for season tickets. That was not explained to me when I committed. I assumed that the price was going to be $55.00 for the same reason that you told me how much you paid for that ticket. I can't blame CU for getting market value for the extra Nebraska tickets. I am more mad at myself that I told my family that we are going without knowing how much the tickets would cost. There are 3 members in my family that do not care to go and wouldn't have if they knew that the price was $400 per ticket. They are only going because I told them we were going for my birthday.

In my mind now, its a donation to help in the future. I will be happy to continue to do that as long as I am fortunate enough to do so.

Last edited:

My extra ticket either goes to a non-Husker or doesn’t get used.

You can sell excess tickets to other games.

My cost basis for each seat for each game is $152, which includes the season ticket, the mandatory non-deductible contribution, the seat backs and the fee.

Back