What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Gotta go ahead and disagree with you there. Frost regularly threw his players under the bus, lost all his best players to the portal, failed to land a Heisman Trophy candidate who actually wanted to go there, was horrible with the media, had terrible game plans, made no in-game adjustments, couldn’t assemble a decent staff to save his life, and is a general all around douche bag. He is, and always will be a complete failure.
yea, narcissist people never change. Selfish assholes are always selfish assholes

Pelini and Solich went on to rehab their careers reasonably well. I’m sure Matt Runza will be able to find a landing spot in another couple years once he’s fired. Scott Frost is just a loser.

Horrible recruiting grounds, disadvantages in NIL era of money for players being tied to corporations instead of shadow boosters in cash businesses, no financial advantages vs conference members which are located in more populous states with much stronger commercial bases, fans & boosters with delusional expectations which put the program under a microscope.

Frost could name his job if he'd stayed at UCF (and probably wouldn't have also destroyed his marriage). Nebraska is one of the worst HC jobs in the country despite paying very well. If that was my profession, it would be in the bottom 3 of B1G jobs as I evaluated it with my agent.
Nebraska got a big boost under Devaney/Osborne when they were playing better football through chemistry.

As result of that (and some other things) they started to win big and send a lot of guys to the pros. When they were doing that the blue chips from Texas and California (and nationally) wanted to go there.

They filled in with the county scholarships and yes they paid very well but the big deal was sending kids to the pros.

That is all gone now. Most kids who are elite and picking their path to the league don't consider Nebraska anymore. They are about the top SEC schools, the top B1G schools, SC and Oregon, and now thanks to Prime we are seeing them pay attention to CU.

Nobody wants to go to Lincoln to play in a primitive offense for a losing team. Especially when the weather sucks and it isn't exactly known as a place where young people are going to find the culture and lifestyle they are looking for.

NIL money is available there but it is available a lot of places for the kids good enough to make a difference.

All you need to know about the future of Nebraska is told in the frequency that the top kids they manage to bring in transfer out.

It's hard to imagine Nebraska ever doing better than 4-5 or maybe 5-4 in their new conference schedules and that's if they turn things around and are able to field a highly competitive team. I'm going to assume they'll make up for it with 3 body bag OOC games.

Feels like USC is miscalculating the move to the BIG10 as better than waiting for the SEC
These schedules are really kind of lame when you take it as a whole

It's hard to imagine Nebraska ever doing better than 4-5 or maybe 5-4 in their new conference schedules and that's if they turn things around and are able to field a highly competitive team. I'm going to assume they'll make up for it with 3 body bag OOC games.

Confetti Omg GIF by Big Brother

Hard not to love this schedule! So many Husker losses coming!

Holy ****.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that I don't see a single surefire win for them next year. It's hard to even identify 2-3 games that are tossups in there for next season (Rutgers, Illinois, and @Indiana). Mayyyyyyybe @Purdue.

Holy ****.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that I don't see a single surefire win for them next year. It's hard to even identify 2-3 games that are tossups in there for next season (Rutgers, Illinois, and @Indiana). Mayyyyyyybe @Purdue.
Illinois and Rutgers at home is about all they can hope for. The rest are Ls.

Get the commemorative collector plate to proudly display in your trailer!
Nothing says “class” like a commemorative collector plate from a football game where your team lost. Those folks have hundreds of those plates by now. It’s almost to the point where they are eating the takeout from Taco Bell on them instead of the standard paper plate setup.

Rutgers is turning the corner again under Schiano.

They are also now an L for the Nubs.
And we know that the Nubs will lose at least a couple each year to teams that they are favored over, even by a lot, because, well, they are the Nubs.

One of their OOC games next year is Colorado so tack on another Nub moral victory.

The current B1G west is complete ass.

The entire B1G has only 3 teams (out of 14) in the top 25 with only Maryland getting consideration. Pac12 currently has 6 ranked teams (out of 12) with UCLA getting consideration.
  • I'd say that these teams are pretty bad:
  • Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan State, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska

• I'd say that these teams are really bad:
  • Indiana, Northwestern (although, they might be improving, watch them beat Nebraska)

Nebraska's schedule has to be the lightest in the country. They will play only 1 (currently) ranked team in Michigan. They miss both Ohio State and Penn State. They get Purdue, Iowa and Maryland at home and their only road game against a halfway decent team is at Wisconsin (besides CU). They play only 5 road games all year.

Four road games in conference. At Minnesota, Illini, Mich St, and Wisconsin.

And yet, I'd say they are headed for 4 wins.
So satisfying.

Is there another historical "blue blood" that has seen this kind of fall into irrelevancy?
Army and Navy say "hi."

Most of the others from that era either proactively chose to exit the big stage or are still doing well, and one could make the case that it was a choice for the service academies as well (even though they chose to stay D1A/FBS).

So, no, I don't think any school that was earnestly trying to succeed on the national stage has ever failed so spectacularly for so long.

It's wonderful to behold.

Army and Navy say "hi."

Most of the others from that era either proactively chose to exit the big stage or are still doing well, and one could make the case that it was a choice for the service academies as well (even though they chose to stay D1A/FBS).

So, no, I don't think any school that was earnestly trying to succeed on the national stage has ever failed so spectacularly for so long.

It's wonderful to behold.
Minnesota? Cal? Pitt?

Minnesota? Cal? Pitt?
Pitt is a good one. I don't know how long they were good or nationally relevant, and big one: did they keep trying to be good?

The nubs were pretty good for a really, really long time. They never stopped trying to be good, but here they are...

Thing is, with TCU, Utah, BYU, KSU, OSU and CU, Nebraska would have just as tough a time finding wins in the B12 as it is in the B10. Maybe they would have an easier path to the volleyball final four. So they would have that going for them, which is nice.

I was going to say - where is this murderer's row they're seeing in the Big Ten West that's so much harder than the Big 12? Illinois? Northwestern, Minnesota? Iowa and Wisconsin aren't any tougher than TTU and ****bailer.

Oh, I guess I was forgetting about expansion. They're just giving up on games with the new teams, lol?

I was going to say - where is this murderer's row they're seeing in the Big Ten West that's so much harder than the Big 12? Illinois? Northwestern, Minnesota? Iowa and Wisconsin aren't any tougher than TTU and ****bailer.

Oh, I guess I was forgetting about expansion. They're just giving up on games with the new teams, lol?
Since there aren’t any divisions in the B1G anymore, it’s more about the idea that they now have to compete with Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan State, along with USC, UCLA, Oregon. Washington, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota (leaving out the lower tier programs) just to make the B1G CG.

It’s a reality for them now that they are no better than 11th/18th, and possibly somewhere around 15th in their own conference. Hope they enjoy the paycheck.

They would definitely have an easier time in the Big 12

Back