What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UCLA Game Thread

Are these refs a little sensitive or is it my Buff colored glasses?

Unfortunately it's Buff-colored glasses. The most questionable of the 15 yard penalties was the targeting, IMO. He certainly hit the QB high, but it's hard to ignore the fact that the QB gave a really weak slide attempt. The rest of the unsportsmanlike have been easily avoidable, not-called-for after the play actions. If they get their heads on straight, the Buffs should be able to pull away no problem.

Unfortunately it's Buff-colored glasses. The most questionable of the 15 yard penalties was the targeting, IMO. He certainly hit the QB high, but it's hard to ignore the fact that the QB gave a really weak slide attempt. The rest of the unsportsmanlike have been easily avoidable, not-called-for after the play actions. If they get their heads on straight, the Buffs should be able to pull away no problem.
Even without intent, or because of a late slide; when the crown of the helmet hits the opponent's helmet it's just too easy to call targeting.

Even without intent, or because of a late slide; when the crown of the helmet hits the opponent's helmet it's just too easy to call targeting.

Agreed. By the letter of the law, it's the right call...I just wish they would show some wiggle room on plays like that.

Agreed. By the letter of the law, it's the right call...I just wish they would show some wiggle room on plays like that.
It's tough because it's good hustle in a lot of ways to try to make that tackle, but for the long term health of the game and players head to head contact has to be completely eliminated.

I'll tell you what though, **** like this makes me start to hate UCLA in more than just a "conference regular" type of way

Chippy af down there

Back