What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. USC Game Thread --- 8:45 PM on FS1

His team is 5-1 with a road win at Nebraska and two conference wins over teams we lost to just one year ago.

Honestly, if you read enough if these threads, you’d think we were 1-5.

Especially considering that prior to the season a lot of fans were predicting 6-7 wins on the whole season. We still have a lot of season left but so far he gets a passing grade on this season. Better is the fact that we are winning with a lot of younger players in key roles.

Does anyone think that Sherman, Pursell, and Fillip aren't going to be better next year with a year of experience and another year in the weight room. How about Antwine starting as a true freshman on the DL.

Two years ago we had a good season then most of the key players graduated. This team is better than expected and most of them are coming back.

He's not trolling when it comes to MM. The criticisms of MM are very warranted and are alarming IMO.

He is a troll. Just because he likes to bash MM doesn't make him any less a troll.

You critique MM but you are a Buff fan. Your criticism comes from a very different place than this toxic cancer.

not making excuses but I really think sitting around all day till 8pm and the Coliseum got in the Buff heads more then we think.
I've t thought this for a long time, have no facts (nor know where to actually look it up), but I think the Buffs are not a good NIGHT team. I know we'd all like to think they are and get more fired up playing at night. I just feel like they lose a disproportionate amount in the dark.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, I consider him to be one the dirtiest players I've seen so far this season...on par with some of the ucla players.
Personal opinions about him aside, and not trying to wish anyone ill will, but maybe THIS is the way we beat USC - indirect fire. This will cause them to lose to someone down the road.

That LB that hit Viska and knocked himself out?? That was totally targeting. You could tell when he seen he had a shot at Viska coming in front of him, he totally "aimed" his helmet to helmet hit. I was glad it ****ed him up...usc is a dirty team - they took cheap shots and disguised barely legal clean shots at every opportunity.

That LB that hit Viska and knocked himself out?? That was totally targeting. You could tell when he seen he had a shot at Viska coming in front of him, he totally "aimed" his helmet to helmet hit. I was glad it ****ed him up...usc is a dirty team - they took cheap shots and disguised barely legal clean shots at every opportunity.
I was surprised it wasn't called but Viska lowered his head and just as responsible for the helmet to helmet contact as the defender. That guy was out though.

I was thinking about it yesterday, you know what would have worked wonders and kept those edge rushers somewhat in check? A QB draw from an empty set. USC was clearly keying on the outside passing game and our interior offensive line it quick enough to get on the side of a defender and force him outside.

Also, Tony Brown is consistently open and should be used as a home run threat more and more as the season goes on.

Reactions: wip
I was surprised it wasn't called but Viska lowered his head and just as responsible for the helmet to helmet contact as the defender. That guy was out though.
Viska wouldn't have touched his helmet if he made a proper tackle, he straight launched with his head and made no effort to make a real tackle, that is in no way on Viska. Viska taught him a lesson that the refs wouldn't, that's it. However that wasn't Gustin, it was Gaoteote, Gustin was the dude who had that disgusting targeting against Wazzu.

Viska wouldn't have touched his helmet if he made a proper tackle, he straight launched with his head and made no effort to make a real tackle, that is in no way on Viska. Viska taught him a lesson that the refs wouldn't, that's it. However that wasn't Gustin, it was Gaoteote, Gustin was the dude who had that disgusting targeting against Wazzu.
Yeah no doubt, but that defender wasn't looking to hit helmets with Viska but when he ducked down to try and brace himself for the tackle that is where it went south.

Agreed on Viska, he catches it and turns, then the defender is there. He ducks to protect himself and makes no ill attempt to light up the defender. That defender needed to use the Rugby tackling techniques that most teams have practiced. Instead, he tried to go sportscenter on him and caught the "Buffaloes Horns" Should have been targeting because the defender had the time to choose the strike point, and it should have been anywhere from waist down. That over-hyped freshman learned his lesson, and although he will be successful from here on out, he got some of his USC cockiness knocked out of him. I had a real problem that he was allowed to be quoted by the sideline reporter and that he was still thinking he would go back in, and that he was not taken into the tent earlier to get evaluated and ruled out. It took a lot of time to finally get him in the tent? USC seems to always act above the fray, and as soon as Viska and his serious body strength collided with him, that kid went down and out.

Agreed on Viska, he catches it and turns, then the defender is there. He ducks to protect himself and makes no ill attempt to light up the defender. That defender needed to use the Rugby tackling techniques that most teams have practiced. Instead, he tried to go sportscenter on him and caught the "Buffaloes Horns" Should have been targeting because the defender had the time to choose the strike point, and it should have been anywhere from waist down. That over-hyped freshman learned his lesson, and although he will be successful from here on out, he got some of his USC cockiness knocked out of him. I had a real problem that he was allowed to be quoted by the sideline reporter and that he was still thinking he would go back in, and that he was not taken into the tent earlier to get evaluated and ruled out. It took a lot of time to finally get him in the tent? USC seems to always act above the fray, and as soon as Viska and his serious body strength collided with him, that kid went down and out.

You always know it's a concussion when the arms go rigid. You saw it with McIntyre and the USC LB. It's called the fencing response.

By watching them several times under Helton.
My post didn’t come out right - I was trying to make a joke that CU never tested their secondary so we have a small sample size to judge their secondary. Additionally, there wasn’t supposed to be a “You,” (that would be dickish).

My post didn’t come out right - I was trying to make a joke that CU never tested their secondary so we have a small sample size to judge their secondary. Additionally, there wasn’t supposed to be a “You,” (that would be dickish).

They were better than our WRs based on the results.

I will respectfully disagree (and with a majority of comments below). If CU would have been on defense and executed the play the exact same way, yet been assessed a penalty and ejection, we would have lost our collective ****ing minds!
The tackler was in a good spot to put his head in front of Shenault’s body, shoulders driving into his waist (you always pull your shoulder blades back and thrust your arms at the instance of contact...which some are equating to launching on here). But because Shenault bent down and forward, helmets hit. I think it was a good no call, but absolutely glad that dude got his bell rung.

I've t thought this for a long time, have no facts (nor know where to actually look it up), but I think the Buffs are not a good NIGHT team. I know we'd all like to think they are and get more fired up playing at night. I just feel like they lose a disproportionate amount in the dark.
nightlight.jpg

That's because CU has been awful for most of the last 12 years and night games typically feature good opponents.

Just not going to get it done with these stats

2.6 yard per rush
3.6 yards per pass
7 - 23 on third down
81 yards in penalties
2 turnovers

Just not going to get it done with these stats

2.6 yard per rush
3.6 yards per pass
7 - 23 on third down
81 yards in penalties
2 turnovers
Yes, but if you thought USC was going to have these stats, would you think CU won or lost?
2.3 yards per rush
2-10 on third down
123 yards in penalties
2 turnovers
25:09 possession

Yes, I conveniently left out USC's passing stats. The thing that sucked about that game is we could have been very much in it. And yet, we weren't.

They hit on every big play opportunity they had. We either didn't try or didn't even get the opportunity.
USC has given gashers all season long. It was a missed opportunity. We called a few longer routes, but the pocket collapsed and Montez was buried.

Back