What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. USC Game Thread --- 8:45 PM on FS1

This couldn’t have ended any worse.

Bad loss, tons of injuries, potential falling out of top 25, loss of momentum going into next week.

Things that could have affected the overall:
1. Stop forcing the ball to shenault on every play. Use the whole team.
2. Go north south, not east west.
3. Stop running on third and 20
4. Pass the freaking ball!

Opportunity lost - this U$C team is garbage - speed everywhere, but so undisciplined. Simple game plan could have capitalized, but deer in head lights by players and coaches. Injuries hurt for sure - felt like JV getting quality PT in comeback effort. Watch film and learn. We weren’t a playoff team and I still feel U$C loses at least 2 in conference and to ND. Quality bowl game still in sights - just need to regroup and get better.

Last edited:
Opportunity lost - this U$C team is garbage - speed everywhere, but so undisciplined. Simple game plan could have capitalized, but deer in head lights by players and coaches. Injuries hurt doe sure - felt like JV getting quality PT in comeback effort. Watch film and learn. We weren’t a playoff team and I still feel U$C loses at least 2 in conference and to ND. Quality bowl game still in sights - just need to regroup and get better.
This. Disappointed result for sure, but we will be fine.

Love having Chev as a coach, but wtf was that? I'm sorry, his game plan was garbage in this one. Also, it would be too easy to put this all on the coaching staff. It was ****ing everybody. If that was their idea of being focused, they should try a little harder.

USC fans are the worst. Ugh.

Wrong. They pail in comparison to Fusker fans. As far as this one, a few things-One, we lost at the LOS on both sides-big league. For as good as the offensive line was last week, it was that bad tonight. Two, when you're playing a team like that and you get two gift interceptions-you've gotta score on both of them. We didn't, and it put us behind the 8 ball. Three, the adjustments that we've seen the defense make dating back to the Nub game didn't happen tonight. Sure, Wigley took over for Chris Miller eventually, but no changes were made to what we were trying to do with our corners in particular-and we needed that given the way they started to beat us deep midway through Q2. Four, I don't have a problem with the amount of times Viska gets, but what does drive me nuts is Chev's love of the jet sweep and wide run nonsense-they were prepared for a ton of that, and it showed. I'd rather see more of a willingness to not necessarily attempt big plays, but go after 10-15 yard type of stuff early on.

Good post to hit on "Pac 12 After Dark" sucks-This kills us in recruiting every time we have to play this ****ing late. How many of our Texas recruits are watching football at nearly 10pm central when this finally started?

I haven't read the thread so sorry if I'm repeating things that have been said 100 times.

Well, that was frustrating as hell to watch. Kind of like Nebraska '94. They had a game plan to feed Salaam up the gut over and over and wouldn't take shots downfield until it was too late. This time they were determined to get the ball to Shenault on the short passes and didn't take a single shot downfield in the first half that I can recall. That whole game plan was garbage. Too much USC speed for those plays. Needed some slants and deep shots. Would've been a good game to surprise them with a TE pass or two up the seam.

Maybe some of it was on Montez. He seemed too locked in on Viska. He was forcing it instead of going through his progressions and finding someone who was open. Seemed to lose confidence as the game went along.

The front seven did their job. No help from the offense or the corners. CBs getting beat a lot this year and when they are in position they almost always seem to be 10 inches from making a play. I sure do miss our NFL corners.

Far from our best effort. Let's hope Viska is good to go next week. Washington is far from unbeatable but we need a much better effort and better offensive game plan to win up there.

Sometimes players like Shenault have their biggest impact in a game when they don’t get many touches. He is an incredible talent, but we have some other guys on the team that can make plays. He was like a magnet to their defense which should have created a lot of opportunities elsewhere. Chev **** the bed by not taking advantage of that at all.

One other comment. Why is it every time CU gets in a big game the first thing they do is abandon the tempo? We are a tempo offense and can run as fast as anybody in college football. It is nice to have the ability to slow things down and pound out a long drive like they did last week, but the heart and soul of this offense is running the O Folsom fast. This is even more important against someone like USC who has the talent and depth to physically dominate the line because limiting substitutions and making them hurry takes away some of that advantage.

Back